1. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 15:05
    Here is a list of good ideas to improve the clan system:

Thread 62041: Hawaiianhomegrown: Attaching a note with a clan challenge when you send or bounce a challenge.

Thread 46315: Hindstein: Add 'message rival leader' box to clan challenge page

Thread 60076: hopscotch: Put timeout setting on the challenge page so that you may adjust each challenge's time controls individually.

Thread 59846: Marinkatomb: Detailed profile page for clans.

Thread 53326: thesonofsaul: More room for clan info on the clan page.

Thread 54059: StrayJay: Have number of clan challenges waiting appear next to number of games waiting. Remove annoying clan challenge messages.

Thread 43446: invigorate: Clan challenge message takes you immediately to the clan challenge (then deletes the message)

Thread 50949: TEXASmade: Allow players to specifically select which clans they are available to play for.

Thread 41242: Amaurote: Allow players to specifically select which clans they are available to play for.

Thread 50188: millerman: Allow clan leaders to make their players unavailable.

Thread 47978: ExpressiveOutburst: Develop a clan waiting list to show players who want to join a clan that is full.

Thread 59604: The Slow Pawn: Request for long overdue auto-timeout in clan challenge games.

Thread 46443: Marinkatomb: Private forum pass for non-clan members

Thread 42358: ExpressiveOutburst: Allow the sender to see info about clan challenges waiting to be accepted. Additional request from Gastel: Include a column in clan members info page to see 'Active Challenges' and 'Submitted Challenges' for each player.

Thread 35578: Marinkatomb: View line-up of sent challenges

Thread 29733: Grandmaster bater: Request to add a button to the challenge page to set all to vacant.

Thread 40623: Hawaiianhomegrown: Open invites for clans and banded sieges.

Thread 40381: blindcheesecake: Open invites for clans.

Russ, any thoughts?
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 15:081 edit
    Originally posted by hopscotch

Thread 62041: Hawaiianhomegrown: [b]Attaching a note with a clan challenge when you send or bounce a challenge.

Thread 60076: hopscotch: Put timeout setting 81[/threadid]: blindcheesecake: [b]Open invites for clans.

Russ, any thoughts?[/b][/b]
    Nice, can you do this for the threads in General, it would save me a lot of time trawling through the dross. That is all.
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 15:121 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Nice, can you do this for the threads in General, it would save me a lot of time trawling through the dross. That is all.
    Oh that reminds me,

Thread 64060: hopscotch: Modify forum post responses as follows:
    Reply : Reply & Quote : Alert Moderator : Kick Sarcastic Clan Member : Recommend
  4. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 15:27
    There are some great ideas here.
    Thanks for compiling the list, Hopscotch - it must have taken you ages.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 15:351 edit
    I'll get back to you about all of them shortly.

-Russ
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 16:23
    "Thread 59604: The Slow Pawn: Request for long overdue auto-timeout in clan challenge games. "

This was one of my tasks for this afternoon anyway, so, this is the situation. I have previously called a draw for games that have had no activity from either player on the site for 6 weeks.

And this is what I had proposed for the automated feature too, but having looked at this afresh, I am now proposing a regular timeout, just like the tournament timeout, but with a 45 day grace period. (Vacation will not impact the 45 days, BTW)

So, my objective is the same, to clear up dead games in clan challenges, not to hurry people. It really only will impact site leavers.

-Russ
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 10:31
    Oh that reminds me,

Thread 64060: hopscotch: [b]Modify forum post responses as follows:
    Reply : Reply & Quote : Alert Moderator : Kick Sarcastic Clan Member : Recommend
    [/b]
    I knew you didn't love me anymore :'(
  8. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 17:491 edit
    Thanks for compiling the list hopscotch. These are the ones that I believe to be most important (from most important to least).

Allow players to specifically select which clans they are available to play for.

Allow clan leaders to make their players unavailable. -- this would reduce the need for the ones below and the item above would mitigate the need for this change.

Attaching a note with a clan challenge when you send or bounce a challenge.

Put timeout setting on the challenge page so that you may adjust each challenge's time controls individually.
  9. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 20:31
    Originally posted by zebano
    Thanks for compiling the list hopscotch. These are the ones that I believe to be most important (from most important to least).

[b]Allow players to specifically select which clans they are available to play for.

Allow clan leaders to make their players unavailable. -- this would reduce the need for the ones below and the item above would mi ...[text shortened]... g on the challenge page so that you may adjust each challenge's time controls individually.[/b][/b]
    one more idea...

Allow clan leaders to set up internal clan tournaments (requires a huge tournament enhancement first but...)
  10. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 00:21

Thread 62041: Hawaiianhomegrown: [b]Attaching a note with a clan challenge when you send or bounce a challenge.

Thread 60076: hopscotch: Put timeout setting ...[text shortened]... 81[/threadid]: blindcheesecake: [b]Open invites for clans.

Russ, any thoughts?[/b]
    Rec! Clans def need improving!! 😀
  11. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 14:11
    bump...
  12. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 17:09
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    bump...
    Bump?
  13. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:11
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Bump?
    Bump!
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 15:26
    Don't worry, this hasn't all been forgotten.

-Russ
  15. The sky
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 15:30
    Originally posted by Russ
    Don't worry, this hasn't all been forgotten.

-Russ
    But most of it has? 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree