1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:105 edits
    A new message log has been released which is accessible without navigating to a new page. (Available during play from either the existing 'message log' button, or below any new message you receive during play.)

A game log has also been added which gives an illustrated summary of the game so far (including message history too). Link next to the "analyse game" link.

-Russ

edit : And the in-play message rendering has been modified too.
    edit : Further to above, if you want to hide any message above the board temporarily, just click the '[name] says...' bar.
  2. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:12
    great job!!!
  3. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:12
    Originally posted by Russ
    A new message log has been released which is accessible without navigating to a new page. (Available during play from either the existing 'message log' button, or below any new message you receive during play.)

A game log has also been added which gives an illustrated summary of the game so far (including message history too). This is available from the board without having to leave your current game. (Link next to "analyse game" link.)

-Russ
    Saw it and like it lots!

It's great that you keep improving this site so much!
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:13

A game log has also been added which gives an illustrated summary of the game so far (including message history too). This is available from the board without having to leave your current game. (Link next to "analyse game" link.)

-Russ
    thanks 🙂

Thank you for the continued effort and dedication you put into this website it is greatly appreicated.
  5. washington
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:19
    great job its a neet little thing that helps especially so i don't have to go look at what i said earlier to people i'm teaching on here. well appreceated.
  6. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:25
    Great new features! Thanks!
  7. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:27

A game log has also been added which gives an illustrated summary of the game so far (including message history too). Link next to the "analyse game" link.

-Russ

edit : And the in-play message rendering has been modified too.
    WOW, SO COOL!!!!! i said you couldnt top the last update but i was way wrong... BEST UPDATE EVER!!!!keep up the good work!!!
  8. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:29
    I don't mind the message log link with the pop up window, but I think the in game text is a little too big. Also don't see the point in the avatar there. It means more scrolling to see your board, even if the message isn't that long. 😛
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:40
    Originally posted by lausey
    I don't mind the message log link with the pop up window, but I think the in game text is a little too big. Also don't see the point in the avatar there. It means more scrolling to see your board, even if the message isn't that long. 😛
    I am open to feedback regarding the text size. I made it slightly bigger because people often complained of missing in-game messages. Hopefully, with the larger text and the avatar, this will not be so easy now. (Note my late edit in the first post regarding hiding the message area)

Open to feedback and suggestions though. I'll go with the majorities' opinion on this one.

-Russ
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:44
    The game log will be made available from a slightly modified 'my games' page in the next few days too.

-Russ
  11. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 21:23

A game log has also been added which gives an illustrated summary of the game so far (including message history too). Link next to the "analyse gam ...[text shortened]... ant to hide any message above the board temporarily, just click the '[name] says...' bar.
    yay! 😀
  12. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 21:29
    I am open to feedback regarding the text size. I made it slightly bigger because people often complained of missing in-game messages. Hopefully, with the larger text and the avatar, this will not be so easy now. (Note my late edit in the first post regarding hiding the message area)

Open to feedback and suggestions though. I'll go with the majorities' opinion on this one.

-Russ
    Russ, you say you are open to feedback to the size of the text in the new feature.

Any chance you can make it a vote instead?

If not then feedback will be sent but with a vote, others will be able to see the progress??
  13. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 22:50

-Russ
    Russ - can we use smileys in the in-game messages yet?
  14. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 02:19

-Russ
    Why not make the text size customisable?
  15. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 04:21
    I have to admit that I love this update!!!

Kewl beans 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree