1. Standard memberWestside Mobster
    The King of Detroit
    The Jungle
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 12:53
    What is the best cellular/mobile service provider to use for this site.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 13:22
    Whenever I have a panic move to do, then I use Opera Mini on my Sony Ericsson W850i.
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 23:49
    The iphone works very well with this site.
  4. Joined
    23 May '07
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 05:50
    yes, operamini 4 beta 2 is the best mobile browser for redhotpawn.
    I play it in my nokia 6280
    Enjoy
  5. Standard memberWhiteknuckle
    High Priest–Low Cult
    Sudan, TX USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 01:02
    My Treo 700p works well. It has a screen option to increase the size window picture. I believe RHP has done a good job in making the pages clear and usable.
    blue skies, whtnukle
  6. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 11:53
    My Nokia N95 works perfectly on:

http://mobile.redhotpawn.com
  7. SubscriberMutt n Stu
    K.I.N.G.
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 13:23
    I've tried opera mini on my blackberry. I can connect ok and even login but as soon as i click on my games it takes be back to the login screen. Anyone have this problem or know if there is an issue with blackberry phones? Thanks
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 16:50
    Originally posted by Mutt n Stu
    I've tried opera mini on my blackberry. I can connect ok and even login but as soon as i click on my games it takes be back to the login screen. Anyone have this problem or know if there is an issue with blackberry phones? Thanks
    In the beginning I had the same problem. But it turned ot to be an 'user error'. Now I've learned how to do I have not any problem with this kind of 'user error' anymore.
  9. SubscriberMutt n Stu
    K.I.N.G.
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 17:31
    Would you mind sharing with this user what i have most likely been doing wrong? Tx
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 18:51
    Originally posted by Mutt n Stu
    Would you mind sharing with this user what i have most likely been doing wrong? Tx
    I have difficulties to explain, without knowing anything about blackberry. My problems was solved by realizing how an input is done, not by pressing ok, but by go into an edit mode. Or something.
  11. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 07:111 edit
    Originally posted by Whtnukle
    My Treo 700p works well. It has a screen option to increase the size window picture. I believe RHP has done a good job in making the pages clear and usable.
    blue skies, whtnukle
    Hi. I live in Australia and went into a Telstra(largest Australian Telco) store today to try out a couple of pda's. I tried a Palm Treo 750 and a Motorola Q9h.

I use the chessatwork skin and changed the appropriate board settings, selecting the legacy and mobile option, and I reduced the board size to micro. The boards display correctly on both the Palm and the Motorola, but try as hard as we could(myself and a store salesperson) we couldn't work out how to select a piece and move it on the board.

The Palm runs wm5 and the Moto runs wm6. Also the Moto has an Opera browser.

I hope its not a network issue. The latest 3G phones are now all UMTS, the gsm network fast becoming a thing of the past. Technically the service provided is similar to what AT&T provide in America in that it is a UMTS 3G with hsdpa @ 850mHz. I know a lot of phones are still on a gsm or edge network, though I am not sure if the style of network should influence your ability to select and move a piece.

Apart from that on the micro board setting using a full screen view, the board displays perfectly within the frame of both the Palm and Moto's screens. I even went to the debates forum and replied to a post.

The best we achieved was being able to highlight the squares of the ranks and files of the chessboard on the Moto. Using the stylus on the Palm only brought up a text edit menu, but we couldn't seem to actually move any pieces at all. Any help in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 11:181 edit
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    My Nokia N95 works perfectly on:

http://mobile.redhotpawn.com
    If you read my post above this one, I tried using a Palm and a Moto this morning by going to http://www.chessatwork.com, and although I chose the legacy mobile option under the board style options, is it a case of only being able to use a pda/mobile by going to http://mobile.redhotpawn.com?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree