Moves
    12 Oct '07 14:341 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. The sky
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 14:36
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The first one is not a test plate, it's a demonstration plate that explains what you are expected to do.

A friend of my father is colour-blind. My father found it fascinating how many different grey tones his friend could distinguish. Where my father only saw a grey sky, his friend saw a very interesting sky with lots of different patterns.
  5. Standard membermochiron
    The Don
    Nihon
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 14:41
    Famous Colour Blind People:

Mr. Rogers (from the television show), Uderzo (who colors the Asterix comics), Degas, Monet , Meryon (all painters), Paul Newman (an actor) and Emerson Moser (inventor of crayola crayons)

George Michael is also partially colour blind
  6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 14:412 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 14:45
    I can see the first plate, none of the others. I'm also green weak.

I have noticed I see things others don't catch, but I never thought to attribute it to my colorblindness.

P-
  8. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    ...Where my father only saw a grey sky, his friend saw a very interesting sky with lots of different patterns.
    it was just the swinging sixties coming back to haunt him.

edit: saw all numbers clearly.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 14:53
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    The first one is not a test plate, it's a demonstration plate that explains what you are expected to do.

A friend of my father is colour-blind. My father found it fascinating how many different grey tones his friend could distinguish. Where my father only saw a grey sky, his friend saw a very interesting sky with lots of different patterns.
    Some of the descriptions of the different types of color blindness make me think there may be people who would fail that first one. Not sure, but some of the descriptions go into detail about very limited color and brightness distinguishing.

P-
  10. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 17:292 edits
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Some of the descriptions of the different types of color blindness make me think there may be people who would fail that first one. Not sure, but some of the descriptions go into detail about very limited color and brightness distinguishing.

P-
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 17:341 edit
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense

How did you paste light green text?

P-
  12. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 17:37
    In B&W photography, Red and Green appear as the same shade as Grey (a lens filter is used to make the two differ - e.g. if taking a photo of Red Tulips, or a Red Rose).

I've always wondered if those with R/G Colour blindness area actually looking at the world in B&W? As other colours are distinguishable as shades of grey - it may just be that their perception of "colour" is what others see as shades of grey (with colour as a brucey-bonus).

There's probably a scientific answer to disprove this, just a thought.
  13. The sky
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 17:45
    How did you paste light green text?

P-
    Great way to get around the colour-blind mod(s)! Robomod must be colour-blind as well, or that post would never have got through! 😲
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 17:47
    Originally posted by rhb
    In B&W photography, Red and Green appear as the same shade as Grey (a lens filter is used to make the two differ - e.g. if taking a photo of Red Tulips, or a Red Rose).

I've always wondered if those with R/G Colour blindness area actually looking at the world in B&W? As other colours are distinguishable as shades of grey - it may just be that their perceptio ...[text shortened]... s a brucey-bonus).

There's probably a scientific answer to disprove this, just a thought.
    Many people think anyone labeled as "colorblind" only sees black and white - like watching a black and white movie or television. This is a big misconception and not true. It is extremely rare to be totally color blind (monochromasy - complete absence of any color sensation). There are many different types and degrees of colorblindness - more correctly called color deficiencies.

http://colorvisiontesting.com/color2.htm
  15. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 17:52
    Many people think anyone labeled as "colorblind" only sees black and white - like watching a black and white movie or television. This is a big misconception and not true. It is extremely rare to be totally color blind (monochromasy - complete absence of any color sensation). There are many different types and degrees of colorblindness - more correctly called color deficiencies.

http://colorvisiontesting.com/color2.htm
    Everyday is a school day - gold star, top of the class phlab!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree