1. Joined
    20 Jul '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 19:30
    i'm a subscriber, who doesn't see ads, but is nonetheless part of the advertising subsystem (your free stats are free only because you are giving to google information about my surfing habits).

any chance that rhp will offer another layer of subscription, which excludes google-analytics from my page requests?

it's an interesting idea. how much is it worth to rhp, to not tie certain users into google-analytics?
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 23:38
    Interpol is tracking me. I have to keep changing my name and address constantly, but they keep finding me.
  3. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 00:00
    Originally posted by dwchrist
    i'm a subscriber, who doesn't see ads, but is nonetheless part of the advertising subsystem (your free stats are free only because you are giving to google information about my surfing habits).

any chance that rhp will offer another layer of subscription, which excludes google-analytics from my page requests?

it's an interesting idea. how much is it worth to rhp, to not tie certain users into google-analytics?
    If you are worried about google analytics, the have a look here - http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
  4. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 05:55

Why not block that with NoScript?
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 06:48
    What information is google-analytics getting that should be of concern to me? The only connection between my persona here and reality is my email address - and that's anonymous.
  6. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 11:24

What have you got to hide?
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 14:52
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    What information is google-analytics getting that should be of concern to me? The only connection between my persona here and reality is my email address - and that's anonymous.
    I know who you are.
    http://proxify.com/whoami/
  8. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 02:19
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I know who you are.
    http://proxify.com/whoami/
    I am not sure how good that link is? It said I was from Fayetteville NC and by no means am I.

The only thing that apears to be correct was my ip address.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 13:55
    Originally posted by IM4Y2NV
    I am not sure how good that link is? It said I was from Fayetteville NC and by no means am I.

From this connection, I can even see a satellite pic of the building I'm in.
  10. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 17:31
    I must be missing something, I'll try it again later on, Messgae me how you see what you see sometime. It's interesting to me.
  11. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 18:16
    Bejesus! Do you have ANY internet security?
  12. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 21:33
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Ah good point, I was thinking the page loaded incorrectly for me, but could be better security.
  13. The sky
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 22:24

Yesterday I was from Bodø, today I am from Mosjøen. Interesting. (I am in the same place (same chair even 😉), on the same computer, with the same connection and security settings.)
  14. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 22:46
    Ah good point, I was thinking the page loaded incorrectly for me, but could be better security.
    Chances are it's just tracing your IP address which means it should get stopped by any firewalls, routers or exchange servers on the way.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 23:08
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    It wasn't my home connection.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree