1. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    29 Jan '08 06:50
    Is there still a game mod team? I just went to look at the volunteers and noticed there were no more mods. What does this mean? Where should I send my message now?
  2. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    29 Jan '08 07:50
    Send Feedback. Category: Game Moderation.

The Site Admins are planning a new approach to game moderation. I have no details. I hope it will be effective.
  3. Joined
    12 Aug '04
    Moves
    29 Jan '08 12:36
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Send Feedback. Category: Game Moderation.

The Site Admins are planning a new approach to game moderation. I have no details. I hope it will be effective.
    But, is game moderation suspended until this new approach is implemented, or is it going on?
  4. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    29 Jan '08 12:47
    Originally posted by Tatarana Crocodilo
    But, is game moderation suspended until this new approach is implemented, or is it going on?
    Nooo... NOW IS OPPORTUNITY for mr. Fritz, mrs. Rybka, mr. CMX, mr. Shredder ... !!! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! 😛
  5. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    29 Jan '08 13:12
    Originally posted by Tatarana Crocodilo
    Only that volunteers will no longer be involved in game moderation until further notice. It is now solely the responsibility of the Site Admins.
  6. Joined
    12 Aug '04
    Moves
    29 Jan '08 13:42
    Only that volunteers will no longer be involved in game moderation until further notice. It is now solely the responsibility of the Site Admins.
    In that case, I leave here my recognition for the great job the game moderation team has done, when it existed.

It's a dirt work, that usually doesn't count with the simpathy of many people, that needed to be done, and you carried it out with great efficiency, prudency and, most of all, discretion.

So my thanks to cludi, Gatecrasher and whoever was the third member (I forgot now. Sorry.)
  7. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    30 Jan '08 15:57
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Nooo... NOW IS OPPORTUNITY for mr. Fritz, mrs. Rybka, mr. CMX, mr. Shredder ... !!! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! 😛
    I think you can stick a fork in game moderation they're losing too much $$$ from banned users
  8. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    30 Jan '08 22:58
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    I think you can stick a fork in game moderation they're losing too much $$$ from banned users
    I think they'll lose more if they don't. What is the point of 3(b) if its not enforced?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Jan '08 23:48
    Obviously some dubious techno-fix is planned as the Site Admins are unqualified for the task of identifying engine users as their chess knowledge is minimal.
  10. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 00:01
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Obviously some dubious techno-fix is planned as the Site Admins are unqualified for the task of identifying engine users as their chess knowledge is minimal.
    the old method doesn't rely on the mods being strong players either. maybe they're just making the same process automatic?
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 00:09
    Originally posted by wormwood
    the old method doesn't rely on the mods being strong players either. maybe they're just making the same process automatic?
    It didn't? You don't know jack about it.
  12. The sky
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 00:16
    Originally posted by wormwood
    the old method doesn't rely on the mods being strong players either.
    I doubt it was coincidence that they includ(i)ed two strong players in the game mod team. It sounds strange to me to do it without any involvement of strong players, and that it is apparently done without consulting the previous game mod team. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Thanks to the game mod team for all their work!
  13. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 00:19
    Originally posted by scandium
    I think they'll lose more if they don't. What is the point of 3(b) if its not enforced?
    I doubt anyone stays here just for that. They're losing a great deal of money from jimster, jean hebert, kingcaptured, ih8sens etc... they were loyal paying customers. And Im sure people wont leave for just that
  14. The sky
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 00:22
    I doubt anyone stays here just for that. They're losing a great deal of money from jimster, jean hebert, kingcaptured, ih8sens etc... they were loyal paying customers. And Im sure people wont leave for just that
    I wouldn't be so sure about that.
  15. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 00:291 edit
    There have only been five (3b) bannings since September 1 of last year, and that scarcely constitutes a great deal of money.

So, try a new premise, everyone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree