1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '16 12:22
    Back in seventies when I had played a club tournament for III category, I had a game against senior patzer, and when we reached Pawn ending with typical Pawn-race who is faster, he began finger-counting over the chess table, jumping with his fingers on the board. I laughed ("burst out in laughter"😉 and so did one kibitzer close to the table.

I remembered this when I studied a game of mine a game from last year's Belgrade trophy when I lost (in my opinion drawish) position in Ist round when, in zeitnot, an other player came to watch "interesting" game on the next table. And he leaned on my chair poking me with his fycking umbrella. I didn't react immediatelly wshich I should and lost valuable time and make a wrong move. Later on my blog I called him names.

In a later round same idiot wth umbrella played game against younger opponent who of course gained my simpathy at once.

At one point that younger player (in better position Pawn extra but no visible forced win, Knight and Rook ending) held his hand hanging over the board indecisive what move to make. It lasted maybe 3-4 seconds, but antipathico umbrella guy (*old Serbian IM of doubtful reputation) brutally removed other player's hand from the table as it was against the rule to hold the hand in that manner = cover the board, that is.

The game ended draw and I felt sorry for the other guy.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 May '16 03:17
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Back in seventies when I had played a club tournament for III category, I had a game against senior patzer, and when we reached Pawn ending with typical Pawn-race who is faster, he began finger-counting over the chess table, jumping with his fingers on the board. I laughed ("burst out in laughter"😉 and so did one kibitzer close to the table.

I remembe ...[text shortened]... at manner = cover the board, that is.

The game ended draw and I felt sorry for the other guy.
    There are asssholes in every sport it seems.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 May '16 10:47
    Vandervelde,
    Were you in a FIDE game? How often is such a thing penalized?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree