1. e4
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 23:301 edit

Back to same standard as Game two, a Nothing game.

But I have found a smashing RHP game played from the same
    position these two clowns had on move 8 in the championship.

Blog Post 338
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 18:53
    So Magnus the magnificent has only 4 games to redeem himself. White in game 8. He has to really push K to the limit, I believe he said he would hit him till he fell. So far not so much. Is this one of those where he retains the championship if it is 12 draws? Or is there some kind of sudden death blitz thing in this cycle?
  3. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 20:431 edit
    It's not so much that Magnus needs to redeem himself - it's more that any mistakes that have been made by either player have been short of fatal ones - so it wouldn't matter how well the other guy played neither was going to win (IMHO)
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 23:532 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So Magnus the magnificent has only 4 games to redeem himself. White in game 8. He has to really push K to the limit, I believe he said he would hit him till he fell. So far not so much. Is this one of those where he retains the championship if it is 12 draws? Or is there some kind of sudden death blitz thing in this cycle?
    Actually the opposite of the "draws means champion retains title"- Karjakin can even become World Champion without winning a single game.

If the match is drawn, playoff games of increasingly quicker time controls ensue.

The final game would be an "Armageddon" blitz where white gets 5 minutes, and black gets 4, but white has to win- a draw would count as a victory for black.

If Karjakin draws every game before then, and then gets black on the coin flip (or whatever random means they use) and draws, he wins the match.

As a challenger, and without winning a single game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree