2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 May '16 15:10
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Sorry couldn't resist 😀

http://en.chessbase.com/post/chess-and-the-panama-papers
    They showed a lot of chess related people involved with all this. Did you read the comments?

Those people basically absolved Fischer saying the US gov't was after him and he had to find a safe haven for his money. But the PM of Iceland was forced out of office by the same kind of scam.

The comments below morphed into a diatribe against US income tax where they seem to think they can legally get away with not paying income tax.

My guess is some of those people were writing this from jail🙂
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    16 May '16 21:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    They showed a lot of chess related people involved with all this. Did you read the comments?

Those people basically absolved Fischer saying the US gov't was after him and he had to find a safe haven for his money. But the PM of Iceland was forced out of office by the same kind of scam.

The comments below morphed into a diatribe against US income tax ...[text shortened]... y with not paying income tax.

My guess is some of those people were writing this from jail🙂
    Can you actually go to jail for not paying your tax? I thought that was outlawed (at least in Britain...I think anyway).
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 May '16 06:56
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Can you actually go to jail for not paying your tax? I thought that was outlawed (at least in Britain...I think anyway).
    That's how they got Al Capone, taxes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree