1. Standard memberray george
    ray george
    auckland
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 01:441 edit
    Can anyone explain how points are awarded/deducted? In eight games this month I have won 4 for 38 points, lost 4 for 86 points.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 02:55
    There is a formula. It is explained in the FAQ page.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 08:291 edit
    Originally posted by ray george
    Can anyone explain how points are awarded/deducted? In eight games this month I have won 4 for 38 points, lost 4 for 86 points.
    The FAQ gives the formula, but the gist of it is that you get more points for winning, the more highly rated your opponent is, and also lose less points for losing, the more highly rated your opponent is.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '17 00:07
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The FAQ gives the formula, but the gist of it is that you get more points for winning, the more highly rated your opponent is, and also lose less points for losing, the more highly rated your opponent is.
    In other words....

If you lose to a lower rated player than yourself you lose a bunch of points.

If you lose to a player higher rated than yourself you lose a few points. You should have lost.

If you beat a lower rated player, congrats you beat someone you should have beaten. You don't get many points.

If you beat a higher rated player, you pick up more points. You won even though you should have lost.

The greater the gap the more severe the result, either few points or more points.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    16 Apr '17 17:00
    Originally posted by Eladar
    In other words....

If you lose to a lower rated player than yourself you lose a bunch of points.

If you lose to a player higher rated than yourself you lose a few points. You should have lost.

If you beat a lower rated player, congrats you beat someone you should have beaten. You don't get many points.

If you beat a higher rated player, you pick u ...[text shortened]... ave lost.

The greater the gap the more severe the result, either few points or more points.
    PS, there is a maximum number of points you can pick up or drop on any one game, and the formula is different during the first 20 games (provisional rating period).
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 14:02
    Originally posted by ray george
    You asked the same question in January and February!

The answer remains the same.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree