1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 16:261 edit
    I downloaded this chess app I think from the play store, I have an android. Anyone know anything about it? I am up about 6 to 1 or so but some weird stuff happens, if a player knows he or she is losing and leaves, half the time I get dinged with a loss. No bid deal when I am up 750 games to 124 or so but wondered if anyone else plays it.

I like the way it is vertically oriented on the phone and doesn't go horizontal when you flip the phone sideways and of course touch sensitive for moves. Most have that though.

I was wondering if it was ripe for hacking. I wouldn't have a clue as to how to actually do that but wondered if other folks have considering the way they leave a lost game and then I get the loss, presumably they get the win.
  2. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 20:31
    Maybe it is a loss of connection thing. This may appear to you as if they left the game, but actually you are running out of time yourself.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 13:571 edit
    Originally posted by tvochess
    Maybe it is a loss of connection thing. This may appear to you as if they left the game, but actually you are running out of time yourself.
    No, it displays time left clearly. And it is not everytime, either a program app glitch or some folks have figured a hack. There are two time controls I play, one with 2 minutes per move, almost like tourney time and another, 3 minutes for the game, total time 6 minutes.

I also tried to find info about this app online but nothing, no forums or anything. 'chess online' just links to all the sites we already know about like Chess.com or ICC and the like.
  4. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 02:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No, it displays time left clearly. And it is not everytime, either a program app glitch or some folks have figured a hack. There are two time controls I play, one with 2 minutes per move, almost like tourney time and another, 3 minutes for the game, total time 6 minutes.

I also tried to find info about this app online but nothing, no forums or anything. ...[text shortened]... ss online' just links to all the sites we already know about like Chess.com or ICC and the like.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=chessfriends.online.chess&hl=en
    You are not the only person to complain about winning via timeout and being penalized as though you lost.
    You're the only person suggesting a hack from what I can find though. Most assume it to be a connectivity issue as the TPAMx2 also stated.

-GIN

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree