1. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 21:051 edit
    Originally posted by joe shmo
    ... if there is another way to get a nice tidy answer, I'm missing it.
    I won't quote the whole of the two pages that are spent determining the smallest circle radius, but here are some snippets to give the flavor:

"Considering the centroid M1... Then DM1=DM2+M2M1=... Combining the results (1) and (2), we get the equation... Squaring both sides of this equation... Adding to both sides of the equation the following... Dividing both sides by r leaves us with..."
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 21:29
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    I won't quote the whole of the two pages that are spent determining the smallest circle radius, but here are some snippets to give the flavor:

"Considering the centroid M1... Then DM1=DM2+M2M1=... Combining the results (1) and (2), we get the equation... Squaring both sides of this equation... Adding to both sides of the equation the following... Dividing both sides by r leaves us with..."
    "Lots of work" - I'm currently unemployed, so unfortunately I have time.

As for the clean result...Well, you cant win them all.

According to the spreadsheet the next set radii is 0.034023 - 0.034022 ( if your curious)
  3. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 15:33
    Originally posted by joe shmo
    "Lots of work" - I'm currently unemployed, so unfortunately I have time.
    So sorry to hear that. Sorry for the cliché but I hope things get sorted out in your life soon enough.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 22:05
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    So sorry to hear that. Sorry for the cliché but I hope things get sorted out in your life soon enough.
    Thanks adam.

P.S. It looks as though you've angered one of the forum trolls with your human interaction aside, how dare you! (I'm sure this response will garner a thumbs down as well.)

Take Care
  5. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    27 Mar '15 19:23
    Neat:
    http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ApollonianGasket.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree