1. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    09 Jan '16 23:25
    Interference between electrons in tiny electrical circuits, due to their wave nature - a new property of quantum mechanics discovered with implications for quantum computers
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 07:44
    Originally posted by ptobler
    Interference between electrons in tiny electrical circuits, due to their wave nature - a new property of quantum mechanics discovered with implications for quantum computers
    Link?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 03:531 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Link?
    I think he was referring to this:

phys.org/news/2016-01-fundamental-quantum-mechanical-property.html
  4. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 22:29
    Yeah - I saw the article but then could not find it again to provide the link
  5. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 17:39
    Not exactly a "new property" though.
  6. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 23:302 edits
    From ABC news (Australia): "Children who have a hyperactive immune system when they are born are more likely to develop food allergies"

Not surprising if true. Report in "Science Translational Medicine"
  7. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 23:33
    Laurence Krauss has tweeted that the LIGO team have found gravitational waves *rumour*!
  8. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 09:011 edit
    Bets on announcement of discovery of gravitational waves later today? Although some years ago some guy (Joseph H. Taylor) won a Nobel Prize for his extremely accurate measurements of a pulsar losing energy that showed that the amount of energy lost per period of time was explained perfectly if gravity waves were the cause... or something like that...
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 10:33
    qOriginally posted by ptobler
    Bets on announcement of discovery of gravitational waves later today? Although some years ago some guy (Joseph H. Taylor) won a Nobel Prize for his extremely accurate measurements of a pulsar losing energy that showed that the amount of energy lost per period of time was explained perfectly if gravity waves were the cause... or something like that...
    I don't think anyone in the sciences are saying there is no such thing as gravity waves, only how hard they are to detect and to quantify, such as the G4V version V GR. Apparently the way you try to detect the waves will change the expected results since the two kind of waves are mutually exclusive and takes different techniques to observe.

News at 11. Literally in this case🙂
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 15:161 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I don't think anyone in the sciences are saying there is no such thing as gravity waves, only how hard they are to detect and to quantify, such as the G4V version V GR. Apparently the way you try to detect the waves will change the expected results since the two kind of waves are mutually exclusive and takes different techniques to observe.

News at 11. Literally in this case🙂
    I've never heard of G4V, can you give its full name without abbreviating it. I saw the link to the U-Tube video but do not have sound so there is no point in me trying to follow it. I tried putting G4V into Wikipedia and got a district in Germany...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree