1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jun '17 18:52
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    None of those links prove what they assert. Any moron can make an assertion without facts which is what you are doing. If you insist on believing those assertions are accompanied by facts based on science, show me where they exist in those links of faith based crap. I look forward to showing how ridiculous their so called evidence is. For example, the fi ...[text shortened]... find another cause so it must be co2. That isn't evidence, it is a guess and that isn't science.
    Here is the scientific evidence CO2 contributes to warming.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-co2-enhanced-greenhouse-effect.htm

Notice the graph.
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 Jun '17 22:46
    Originally posted by sonhouse

https://www.skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-co2-enhanced-greenhouse-effect.htm

Notice the graph.
    Just go visit a pole, especially if you educate first.

Out kids didn't bargain for this. But we inflict them.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jun '17 23:01
    Originally posted by apathist
    Just go visit a pole, especially if you educate first.

Out kids didn't bargain for this. But we inflict them.
    North, South or Warsaw?
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '17 20:08

Notice the graph.
    How many times do I have to prove your favorite hack site wrong before you give up on it? That fact that you keep going back to it says you don't care about truth. You cling to whatever says what you believe despite the false info on the site. You are not worth responding to if you keep going back to hack sites I have proven to be hack sites repeatedly.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 16:23
    How many times do I have to prove your favorite hack site wrong before you give up on it? That fact that you keep going back to it says you don't care about truth. You cling to whatever says what you believe despite the false info on the site. You are not worth responding to if you keep going back to hack sites I have proven to be hack sites repeatedly.
    What proof are you talking about? Just saying my buddy XX and YY and ZZ says otherwise, that is not proof, just opinion pieces.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 16:291 edit
    That is called weather.
    How much 'weather' changes does it take for someone like you to admit the world is getting hotter? The only place on Earth previously to experience that level of heat had been Death Valley, maxed out at 134 degrees in 1913, several times 130 degrees but not in India.

You also don't seem to know increase temps increases the force of hurricanes and they are stronger now than 100 years ago.

http://www.sciencealert.com/the-number-of-deadly-heatwaves-are-only-going-to-keep-rising-experts-warn?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 16:38
    How much 'weather' changes does it take for someone like you to admit the world is getting hotter? The only place on Earth previously to experience that level of heat had been Death Valley, maxed out at 134 degrees in 1913, several times 130 degrees but not in India.

You also don't seem to know increase temps increases the force of hurricanes and they ar ...[text shortened]... number-of-deadly-heatwaves-are-only-going-to-keep-rising-experts-warn?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/170104133605.htm
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 12:28
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/170104133605.htm
    Here is some of what they said.

"The data suggest we may be moving into another quieter period in the basin, however, where less activity works hand in hand with lower wind shears along the coast, eradicating the protective barrier. As a result, says Kossin, while there may be fewer hurricanes approaching the coast, those that do may be much stronger, in the range of Category 3 to Category 5.

The threat of rapid strengthening is highly relevant to society, in particular to those who live along densely populated coastlines where the warning times for evacuation may already be short.

"Knowing the relationship between tropical activity and coastal conditions that either protect the coast or make it more vulnerable may help us better prepare for future landfalls," Kossin says.

Like any research study, the results raise more questions. For instance, how might climate change affect this relationship? Other studies, says Kossin, have documented a rise in sea surface temperatures -- a shift attributed to anthropogenic climate change. But the sea surface trend does not seem to be having a large effect on hurricane activity in the coastal region, at least over the past 70 years or so."

The gist of that is high wind shear helps lower the energy of hurricanes as a sort of protective effect near the coast which may also have lower water temperature but that doesn't say there is no relationship between hurricane strength and global temperature.
    it also says pretty clearly the stronger hurricanes are strong out to sea so island will be hit harder, Burmuda, Andros, Puerto Rico and the like will all be hit harder because there would be no wind shear out that far into the ocean.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jun '17 05:38
    Originally posted by apathist
    We are lucky to live in a time where we see the endgame coming. We have a bit of a chance.
    Unfortunately, having a "chance" to do something and then being stymied by those who have some ulterior financial motive (like American Republicans) to see nothing gets done, and having a "chance" to do something and then actually agreeing on what to do and then doing it in time to avoid nasty consequences, are two very different things.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '17 15:59
    Here is some of what they said.

"The data suggest we may be moving into another quieter period in the basin, however, where less activity works hand in hand with lower wind shears along the coast, eradicating the protective barrier. As a result, says Kossin, while there may be fewer hurricanes approaching the coast, those that do may be much stronger, i ...[text shortened]... e like will all be hit harder because there would be no wind shear out that far into the ocean.
    So at worse I will be paying a little more for rum? The world is coming to an end!
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jun '17 18:12
    So at worse I will be paying a little more for rum? The world is coming to an end!
    You take the whole thing too lightly, you seem to think in 50 years all this will just blow over and the coral reefs will rebuild and the glaciers will come back, like a country music tape run backwards.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '17 19:07
    You take the whole thing too lightly, you seem to think in 50 years all this will just blow over and the coral reefs will rebuild and the glaciers will come back, like a country music tape run backwards.
    The highest temperature record for Michigan is still from the 1930s. Let me know if this changes.
    Let me know when the Johnston Atoll is under water and I will be concerned. Until then, there is nothing worth worrying about.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 13:59
    The highest temperature record for Michigan is still from the 1930s. Let me know if this changes.
    Let me know when the Johnston Atoll is under water and I will be concerned. Until then, there is nothing worth worrying about.
    It doesn't matter the record was in the 1930's. The question is whether the average temperature is going up. So a peak in 1930 followed by a slight rise in temperature per year, some time in the future the average will equal the peak but forever or at least till the next major change comes.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 14:32
    The Chicken Littles of this topic will continue to speak in exaggeration, skewed data and over-the-top hyperbole, but the datum as it lays says something entirely at odds with the suggestion that man is somehow jacking up the weather.
    When the warming and cooling trends decidedly indicate an ebb and flow wholly unrelated to CO2 or any other man-made output, it's more than a little difficult keeping up the Al Gore charade.
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 14:4710 edits
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH

When the warming and cooling trends decidedly indicate an ebb and flow wholly unrelated to CO2 or any other man-made output,...
    Strawman; Nobody denies there are natural causes to climate change; that doesn't imply there cannot be man made changes as the two can without contradiction occur TOGETHER as in at the same time.

So I see like MetalBrain you ignore what the science says and have blind faith in wishful thinking the whole thing is just one vast global conspiracy.

See below the same evidence of what science says I had shown him (he, the liar he is, denies I ever shown him my sources of information below even though I did MANY times in the past);

http://scienceblogs.com/illconsidered/2008/10/what-is-the-evidence-that-co2/

https://www.skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-global-warming.htm
    "...
    here is other evidence of warming: :
    Satellite measurements show that the troposphere is warming
    The stratosphere is cooling as predicted by anthropogenic global warming theory (this cannot be explained by solar variability)
    ..."
    Other causes cannot explain the amount of cooling in the stratosphere relative to the troposphere; ONLY the increase in CO2 explains it. Therefore, CO2 is the cause. And this is not even to mention that other causes cannot explain the amount of warning recently occurred in the biosphere as a whole including the oceans; only the increase in CO2 can explain it.
    .."

It might also help if you studied this which helps explains why basic physics says CO2 logically SHOULD cause warming and it would be a huge scientific mystery if it didn't because that would imply even basic known proven physics is wrong!;
    http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/06/15/earths-entire-thermal-infrared-spectrum-observed/
    Of course, this is in ADDITION to the empirical evidence, which even by itself is overwhelming.

FreakyKBH; what are your science credentials?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree