1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 11:29
    Header: "Goodbye Big Bang, hello black hole? A new theory of the universe's creation"

This is an alternative hypothesis of the creation of our universe. I found it in phys.org/news and found it very interesting. I've quoted some from the article, but you'd better read it with your own eyes:

"Could the famed "Big Bang" theory need a revision? A group of theoretical physicists suppose the birth of the universe could have happened after a four-dimensional star collapsed into a black hole and ejected debris."

"So what are the limitations of the Big Bang theory? The singularity is one of them."

"Most cosmologists say the universe must have been expanding faster than the speed of light for this to happen, but Ashford says even that theory has problems."

"Planck shows that inflation is happening, but doesn't show why the inflation is happening."

"So basically, what the model says is when the 4-D star blows apart, the leftover material would create a 3-D brane surrounding a 3-D event horizon, and then expand."

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2013-09-goodbye-big-black-hole-theory.html#jCp"
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 16:22
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Header: "Goodbye Big Bang, hello black hole? A new theory of the universe's creation"

This is an alternative hypothesis of the creation of our universe. I found it in phys.org/news and found it very interesting. I've quoted some from the article, but you'd better read it with your own eyes:

"Could the famed "Big Bang" theory need a revision? A group ...[text shortened]... expand."

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2013-09-goodbye-big-black-hole-theory.html#jCp"
    That begs the question, can a 4D star exist at all? I would think the hypothesis is un falsifiable and so not science but perhaps philosophy.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 20:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That begs the question, can a 4D star exist at all? I would think the hypothesis is un falsifiable and so not science but perhaps philosophy.
    Well, i don't think we can discover one in our universe. They exist in an intermediary space between ours and the one before.

Crazy stuff? Well, it gives our universe a cause to get into existence, doesn't it?
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    13 Jun '17 21:45
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

"Could the famed "Big Bang" theory need a revision? A group ...[text shortened]... expand."

Just a thought, but they seem to be missing a dimension. Do they say how time fits into all this?
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    13 Jun '17 23:11
    n-dimensional stars, all the way down.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree