1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 13:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I disagree. It isn't in the category of evidence yet. It is still just speculation, and in my opinion largely unjustified speculation.
    Then you are left with the job of explaining the circular pattern in CMB.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 14:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Then you are left with the job of explaining the circular pattern in CMB.
    No, I am not.

Just because I don't have an explanation, doesn't make any wild hypothesis a good one.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 18:58
    No, I am not.

Just because I don't have an explanation, doesn't make any wild hypothesis a good one.
    So you are in the position of having some kind of evidence but no interest in finding an explanation? What do you think a big area of the CMB indicating a lower temperature means?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 06:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you are in the position of having some kind of evidence but no interest in finding an explanation?
    I am in the position of having an unexplained phenomena that I am not qualified to do research on. The fact that I don't buy the claim that it is another universe colliding with this one, does not make it my job to get a physics degree and do the research any more than the fact that I don't think God did it puts that responsibility on me.

What do you think a big area of the CMB indicating a lower temperature means?
    I have no idea. But I don't think that another universe colliding with us is a good candidate explanation.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 18:50
    I am in the position of having an unexplained phenomena that I am not qualified to do research on. The fact that I don't buy the claim that it is another universe colliding with this one, does not make it my job to get a physics degree and do the research any more than the fact that I don't think God did it puts that responsibility on me.

[b]What do yo ...[text shortened]... idea. But I don't think that another universe colliding with us is a good candidate explanation.
    Alternative explanations might include inflation within inflation I suppose. Just guesswork of course. But that opens up an entirely different set of worms. Maybe even wormholes🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree