1. Here
    Moves
    17 Jun '17 12:48
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    padger,

It appears that you are most likely correct on this, but why accept something you personally are not happy with? We will have no choice but to go with what Russ says of course in the end.

I believe we are just expressing our feelings on the issue in a civil matter. At least we are going in the right direction on it.

-VR
    I would be quite happy with a Clan rating not several different Clan ratings
    If anyone has the time to use this to be a sandbagger then the best of luck to them
    It is not like it is in Tournies
    If you want to do it, it's as easy as pie
    I do not think it would be worth the effort to do it to a Clan rating
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Jun '17 23:091 edit
    Originally posted by padger
    I would be quite happy with a Clan rating not several different Clan ratings
    If anyone has the time to use this to be a sandbagger then the best of luck to them
    It is not like it is in Tournies
    If you want to do it, it's as easy as pie
    I do not think it would be worth the effort to do it to a Clan rating
    padger,

Again I agree, but look at the fiasco that happened in 2016. I don't think any of us thought that would ever happen and it did. Some people do have a lot of time on their hands.

I am obviously one of those who think a person should only belong to ONE CLAN...How can you possibly have loyalty to 3 or 4 different clans?

-VR
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 07:47
    padger,

Again I agree, but look at the fiasco that happened in 2016. I don't think any of us thought that would ever happen and it did. Some people do have a lot of time on their hands.

I am obviously one of those who think a person should only belong to ONE CLAN...How can you possibly have loyalty to 3 or 4 different clans?

-VR
    The more I think about the more I think a separate clan rating won't do any good.
    The first thing a leader does just now is compare ter ratings before issuing a challenge
    Now if a player has two ratings it's fine if they are the same or close but if a player has just won a tournament or got a few timeouts at the same time as losing a few clan games there could be a huge difference between the two rating
    More accusations of sand bagging and less challenges being accepted leading to stagnation

Got to laugh at some on here who think they know a players true rating don't they know an internet rating means nothing it's vastly overrated due to time outs etc

I would make a rule if the overall team rating is lower than the other team the team with the highest rating can't refuse the challenge
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 14:38
    Originally posted by roma45
    The more I think about the more I think a separate clan rating won't do any good.
    The first thing a leader does just now is compare ter ratings before issuing a challenge
    Now if a player has two ratings it's fine if they are the same or close but if a player has just won a tournament or got a few timeouts at the same time as losing a few clan games there c ...[text shortened]... rating is lower than the other team the team with the highest rating can't refuse the challenge
    roma45,

Obviously it is impossible to know any one players true rating. All Clan Leaders have to go by is what that particular rating has been over a long period of time. Then there are other factors that have to be considered, such as player being sick, personal issues, time outs, etc., etc., many reasons that a players rating can fluctuate .

I disagree a rule be made to force a team to play a lower rated team, just for that reason.
    I do how ever think that every team meaning one that consists of more than one or two players, play every other team at least once during the year duration.

-VR
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 16:04
    roma45,

Obviously it is impossible to know any one players true rating. All Clan Leaders have to go by is what that particular rating has been over a long period of time. Then there are other factors that have to be considered, such as player being sick, personal issues, time outs, etc., etc., many reasons that a players rating can fluctuate .

I dis ...[text shortened]... re than one or two players, play every other team at least once during the year duration.

-VR
    I've not read thro' all the posts on here but how would you force a clan to play another at least once a year to comply with your suggestion?
    Even if you're talking about the active clans it'd still be difficult to police and like someone said earlier,any system that needs policing is probably not worth it.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 20:061 edit
    Originally posted by venda
    I've not read thro' all the posts on here but how would you force a clan to play another at least once a year to comply with your suggestion?
    Even if you're talking about the active clans it'd still be difficult to police and like someone said earlier,any system that needs policing is probably not worth it.
    Venda,

I don't even know if it is possible for every team to play every other team. I said that is something I would like to see. In sporting events every team has to play each other to be considered Champions. Look at the journey a team has to win the Stanley cup as an example.

You can not be considered the best if you don't play the best can you?

-VR
  7. Here
    Moves
    19 Jun '17 07:54
    Venda,

I don't even know if it is possible for every team to play every other team. I said that is something I would like to see. In sporting events every team has to play each other to be considered Champions. Look at the journey a team has to win the Stanley cup as an example.

You can not be considered the best if you don't play the best can you?

-VR
    I agree with you that the champion Clan should have played everyone else but that is never going to happen
    When you consider that some clans like 3 day some like 7 day etc
    Some challenges take more than a year to complete
    How would it be possible ?
    I suppose the nearest thing to what you are after is the leagues but they do not get the backing they once did
    You could do it page by page
    In other words all the page one clans must play each other and have a two up two down system on each page at the end of the year
    You could still play clans outside this but they would not count towards the championship
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Jun '17 15:221 edit
    I agree with you that the champion Clan should have played everyone else but that is never going to happen
    I suppose the nearest thing to what you are after is the leagues but they do not get the backing they once ...[text shortened]... year
    You could still play clans outside this but they would not count towards the championship
    padger,

In the clan leagues it always seems to be higher rated players involved in these. Back some years ago I was actually not accepted to play in a league as my rating was not high enough. I must admit don't know now it works at this point in time.

If it was made a rule that every team would have to play each other at least once, I am sure it could be worked out. Perhaps a time control like 3 & 7 could be put on it. Who really wants to spend a year playing one challenge? Especially now the way the challenges work!

The Clan Leaders of course would have to want to do this as they are the ones who make up the challenges of course. Russ would also have to be on board. I don't even know if it is possible for it to be done. Just making suggestions is all.

I suppose everything has its good and bad points. Then there is the question of it being feasible for the site to even consider. I know absolutely nothing about what would have to be done to make this possible, even if people were to agree with it.

-VR
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Jun '17 17:10
    I suppose the nearest thing to what you are after is the leagues but they do not get the backing they once ...[text shortened]... year
    One of the proposals I considered but didn't put forward was that time controls for clan games would be set constant.
    Say 3 days timeout, 7 days time bank.
    With no option to choose your own time controls.
    Leave that to tournament play.

Reason for this was fairly obvious during the 2016 collusion.
    Easy Riders clan set a lot of challenges to 3 days timeout, 0 days time bank.
    This allowed them to recycle the fake challenges through the system much faster.

We were watching these perpetrators much more closely than many realize.
  10. Here
    Moves
    19 Jun '17 17:581 edit
    I hadn't realised that
    Perhaps there should be a set time out
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Jun '17 18:51
    I hadn't realised that
    Perhaps there should be a set time out
    padger,

Yes, mghrn55 made a lot of very good suggestions in the proposal thread I believe it was, but there was so much name calling going on that a lot of the good points being made by mghrn55 and others were missed.

-VR
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 18:58
    Bumping this thread to keep it active. 🙂
  13. Here
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 07:39
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Bumping this thread to keep it active. 🙂
    Yes it needs reactivating there is only another 6 months before next year and it needs sorting out

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree