1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 10:013 edits
    mghrn55 wrote:

<<
    I would like to toss this out there.

1 - do away with the gross point total. No longer relevant.

2 - use the rating change (rounded to nearest point) for each player in the challenge. ELO system will work. In-house formula will work too. Not that much different from ELO. Agree on a suitable K-value.

3 - do not use clan average rating as starting point. Start every clan at 0 at beginning of clan season. And then use rating change for each game in challenge to update the new clan net point total. Every game counts. No game tossing to close challenges.

4 - in addition to rating change, also award/deduct challenge points for the challenge itself. I would like to keep a reward for winning the challenge itself. Today that is 2 points per player in the challenge. That can be set to 1 point per player in challenge. Example - a 10 player challenge will award 10 points to winning clan for the challenge in addition to the ratings adjustments award for each game in the challenge. For losing clan, it can be decided whether to deduct challenge loss or set to zero.
    A 10 player challenge that is close, for example 6-4 may result in rating award same as a 1 player challenge won 2-0. Larger challenges should have larger risk/reward attached.
    This is a hybrid system which should bridge the perceived gap between current and new system.

5 - the challenge points will be awarded when the challenge has been decided, instead of completed as it is today. If a clan is ahead 6-4 with 1 game to play, award the points. This will eliminate game dumping. Rating points can be awarded when the game is completed or when the challenge is completed. This can be discussed amongst the clan community. Russ can analyse the complexities involved.

6 - eliminate the maximum 3 challenges between any 2 clans as the new scoring system should fix the imperfections. It is in everyone's best interest that the fluidity of challenges is enhanced.

7 - maintain a refereeing system to monitor any abuses of the system and administer corrective action accordingly.

This is open for feedback of course.
    And all other suggestions are on the table.
    Of course.

>>

There is a lot to read in your proposal. I have a had a long ponder and have missed some posts in between, so please excuse if this has already been addressed. I would like clarification on point 4.

Are you suggesting that, for example, if Clan A plays a challenge with five players and wins the challenge with 3 players winning their games (6 points) and 2 players losing their games, then clan A should be awarded not only 6 points for the wins, but 10 points for the whole challenge (whatever else may be going on with net ratings changes)? Or if a ten-player challenge, with 6 players winning their games (= 12 points) and four players losing their games, then Clan A should be awarded 20 points for the whole challenge, not just the 12 wins (whatever may be going on with net ratings changes)?
  2. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 11:45
    I think a main point moonbus is an overhaul of the points allocated per challenge. We are all throwing out possibilities here but so far almost all the suggestions is better than the current way....
    10 players vs 10 players means +20 for the winners -20 for the losers... or +10 for a tie.
    That in effect makes a 10 v 10 challenge worth 40 points.... (between 2 clans)
    Clan A and B are on 100 points....
    Clan A wins: Then suddenly Clan A is on 120 and Clan B is on 80...

These result in big swings. Clan C (also on 100 points) suddenly moves up the table for simply existing 🙂
    Clan A:120
    Clan C:100
    Clan B: 80
  3. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 11:54
    10 vs 10 is currently +20 for the winners and -20 for the losers.
    My suggestion was something to the effect of:
    +10 for the winners and -10 for the losers....
    Plus +1 for each win attained.
    (These numbers can be changed)
    But basically if Clan A wins 20-0....
    They get +10 for the win plus +20 for the 20 games won...
    Clan B would get -10 for the loss and +0 for 0 wins...
    Net effect: Clan A +30 Clan B -10 (Still a 40 point swing as currently happening....)

However if Clan A wins 11-9.... the points would be:
    Clan A: +10 for the win and +11 for the 11 wins equals +21
    Clan B: -10 for the loss and +9 for the 9 wins equals -1
    Here the swing drops from 40 points to just 22...

Yes this will favour bigger clans over smaller clans.... but smaller clans are also immune from big point losses as well...
    2 vs 2 can only ever be a small swing in points.
  4. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 11:59
    Alternatively... No points for winning or losing the challenge... just the points of number of wins...
    ie: in a 10 vs 10 challenge:
    Clan A leads 11-0...
    Clan A have so far earned 11 points and Clan B: 0
    however all remaining 9 games are still worth a point each. This would encourage Clan A to not mass resign their last 9 games... because in doing so they give the points to the opponents.
  5. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 12:01
    The draw back remains collusion though...
    Clan A leads 11-0 and Clan B mass resigns to give Clan A the 20 points.... and 20-0...
  6. Here
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 12:37
    Originally posted by Costad
    Alternatively... No points for winning or losing the challenge... just the points of number of wins...
    ie: in a 10 vs 10 challenge:
    Clan A leads 11-0...
    Clan A have so far earned 11 points and Clan B: 0
    however all remaining 9 games are still worth a point each. This would encourage Clan A to not mass resign their last 9 games... because in doing so they give the points to the opponents.
    you are beginning to come back to my original proposal
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 19:33
    Originally posted by Costad
    10 vs 10 is currently +20 for the winners and -20 for the losers.
    My suggestion was something to the effect of:
    +10 for the winners and -10 for the losers....
    Plus +1 for each win attained.
    (These numbers can be changed)
    But basically if Clan A wins 20-0....
    They get +10 for the win plus +20 for the 20 games won...
    Clan B would get -10 for the loss and ...[text shortened]... e also immune from big point losses as well...
    2 vs 2 can only ever be a small swing in points.
    What bothers me about this sort of points allocation is that players who lose games are being awarded points, in effect if not in intention. Let's say in a 10 vs 10 challenge, Clan A wins 6 games and loses 4; giving them 10 points effectively gives plus points to four Clan A players who lost games. That makes no sense to me.
  8. Here
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 05:26
    Originally posted by moonbus
    What bothers me about this sort of points allocation is that players who lose games are being awarded points, in effect if not in intention. Let's say in a 10 vs 10 challenge, Clan A wins 6 games and loses 4; giving them 10 points effectively gives plus points to four Clan A players who lost games. That makes no sense to me.
    But why under the current situation should a team that lost 60% to 40% get -100% that makes no sense either
    In my proposal larger challenges would get more than smaller ones
    This rewards the amount of work taken to set this up
  9. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 06:07
    That is why I am open to either points method. There will never be a fix where we are all happy 🙂

In your example.... the points are for the clan and not for the 4 individual losers...
    take it to football... Arsenal beat Man United 4-3 (😀).
    Arsenal get the 3 league points. That's including points for the Arsenal keeper (despite his conceding 3 goals...)

So in your example, the 10 points are for the clan standings and not each individual players ratings.
    But as I said these are merely point options. I am still okay with any other allocation....

Example: 1 point for each actual won game and say an arb number allocation for winning the challenge of say 2 points...

10 vs 10... Clan A wins 20-0 and gets 22 points (Clan B gets 0)
    Clan A wins 12-8 and gets 14 points (Clan B gets 8)

There are other issues in play... that is why we are trying to find the best points system...
    I just add... I would be more encouraged to accept challenges that are not in my favour if I knew that it was say 45-55 and that it would mean we could still get some points.

Current system means that challenges that are 45-55 (not in my favour) means we will lose... unless we get lucky....
    (skulls or human error)
  10. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 06:13
    Originally posted by padger
    But why under the current situation should a team that lost 60% to 40% get -100% that makes no sense either
    In my proposal larger challenges would get more than smaller ones
    This rewards the amount of work taken to set this up
    agreed
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 08:061 edit
    Agreed. That is why a ratings-based system has been proposed.

"In my proposal larger challenges would get more than smaller ones
    This rewards the amount of work taken to set this up."

Chess is not about "setting things up", it's about playing chess.
  12. Here
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 08:38
    Agreed. That is why a ratings-based system has been proposed.

"In my proposal larger challenges would get more than smaller ones
    This rewards the amount of work taken to set this up."

Chess is not about "setting things up", it's about playing chess.
    As a non paying ,non clan member ,
    Why would it make any difference to you ?
  13. Here
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 09:15
    As a non paying ,non clan member ,
    Why would it make any difference to you ?
    I have just gone through the post here you have contributed 47 times on a topic that you do not support and show no interest in paying a subscription to participate in
    I have had posts on this subject removed as have others
    I think all your posts should be removed as interference on this matter
  14. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 10:11
    I have just gone through the post here you have contributed 47 times on a topic that you do not support and show no interest in paying a subscription to participate in
    just about any thing connected with collusion and points removal to restore integrity back into the site seems to vanish.
    pity the collusion points did not vanish as fast.
  15. SubscriberRagwortonline
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 11:17
    Pity you didn't go through his games. He still has one clan game in progress. Russ asked for ideas rather than comments on poster suitability.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree