1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 23:52
    Using an iPad, copying a URL in a forum post to visit the site, is nearly impossible. Any fix available?
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 19:21
    Double-tap the line. Does that not open a menu which includes the option "select all"? Tap it again to open the menu "copy".
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 14:441 edit
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Double-tap the line. Does that not open a menu which includes the option "select all"? Tap it again to open the menu "copy".
    Press and hold does that. It selects far more than I want to copy, most of the time. But thanks for your interest.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 17:38
    Originally posted by JS357
    Press and hold does that. It selects far more than I want to copy, most of the time. But thanks for your interest.
    On Android, there are slider bars that change the amount of text selected. Does the iPad not have those?
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 21:00
    Originally posted by JS357
    Of course, it helps if the URL is on a line all by itself, like this:

www.redhotpawn.com

Whereas if the URL is embedded in irrelevant text, like this: www.redhotpawn.com, it is hard to extract it on an glass-screen device with no mouse.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '17 14:30
    Of course, it helps if the URL is on a line all by itself, like this:

www.redhotpawn.com

Whereas if the URL is embedded in irrelevant text, like this: www.redhotpawn.com, it is hard to extract it on an glass-screen device with no mouse.
    I totally agree.

Try using a stylus, I find it almost mandatory.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '17 14:31
    Neither my android phone nor my tablet have this functionality.

And "select all" often selects the entire page.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree