1. Upstate NY
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 16:41
    Very likely this idea has been floated before, but I didn't see it in a quick search of recent topics and hopefully no harm in trying again even if it has.

In the profile page, below the rating trend graph we currently have the following options: "First <<50 <<25 25>> 50>> Recent Expand"

Can we add a final option "Table", that would simply open ALL the data in a table window (e.g., having the "usual" game-related columns for date, player rating, opponent rating, color, result, game link, etc.).

Importantly, ratings displayed would be at the time the game finished, as are currently displayed in the green trend graph. [And as opposed to PGN files, which continue to include ratings at the time the PGN is requested rather than the ratings at the time the game finished; a 'flaw' that I and others have suggested to be improved a number of times previously. But I digress...]

I cannot give a strong use case for the table view, other than it would be an easy way to assess all the available data quickly by scrolling without relying on the graphical representation provided by the site, which many times is great but at other times is somewhat restrictive because only so many games can be usefully plotted at one time.
  2. Joined
    03 Jul '13
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 07:441 edit
    'Importantly, ratings displayed would be at the time the game finished, as are currently displayed in the green trend graph. [And as opposed to PGN files, which continue to include ratings at the time the PGN is requested rather than the ratings at the time the game finished; a 'flaw' that I and others have suggested to be improved a number of times previously. But I digress...] '

This has indeed been brought up before and received a positive response.
    But nothing's changed, I'm not sure why.
    It makes no sense to me to show current ratings when looking at an old game or copying a game to pgn. Far better, surely, to see the ratings at the time the game finished.
    A game from ten years ago published in a chess magazine or on-line between, say, Carlsen and Karjakin would show their ratings at the time the game was played, not their current ratings. Why not here?
    If I do want to know my opponent's current rating, all I have to do is click on their profile.
  3. Upstate NY
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 16:29
    Originally posted by Tommovich
    This has indeed been brought up before and received a positive response.
    But nothing's changed, I'm not sure why.
    Yes, fundamentally, the reason for my suggestion here for a table format of the historical rating trends was to get at those historical ratings, for both myself and opponents at the time the game ended. To my knowledge, there is no other way on this site to obtain those ratings. Yet, to calculate the ratings trend graph, my assumption is that those historical ratings values are available (or at least calculable) by the site, so I wouldn't think it should be too much trouble to write it out as a table. Fixing PGNs to include the historical ratings would be an additional bonus! 🙂
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Aug '16 13:22
    Good idea. It would also help to identify sandbagging.
  5. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    20 Aug '16 16:58
    I agree, and have asked for this in the past....
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 09:37
    Originally posted by gedwin
    Very likely this idea has been floated before, but I didn't see it in a quick search of recent topics and hopefully no harm in trying again even if it has.

In the profile page, below the rating trend graph we currently have the following options: "First <<50 <<25 25>> 50>> Recent Expand"

Can we add a final option "Table", that would simply open AL ...[text shortened]... er times is somewhat restrictive because only so many games can be usefully plotted at one time.
    I endorse your idea.

As it is now, the scrolling renders some sections of the graph unreadable because the side values change scale so much that the graph pages are difficult to compare directly.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 09:06
    Originally posted by gedwin

Can we add a final option "Table", that would simply open AL ...[text shortened]... er times is somewhat restrictive because only so many games can be usefully plotted at one time.
    I Support this.

In fact I think the pgn thingie should be easiest to be remedied. If for any game the pgn would be the way the Information ist storde. If the pgn is created only as requested and not stored it would be near to impossible to find the correct data with reasonable effort.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree