no title

Subscriberpadger
Site Ideas 14 Sep '16 14:21
  1. Here
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 14:21
    I would like it if when entering a tournament if certain player/s enter then I am automatically withdrawn
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Sep '16 02:43
    Originally posted by padger
    I would like it if when entering a tournament if certain player/s enter then I am automatically withdrawn
    Wouldn't we all? but I think it's probably beyond the comprehension of the programming if you haven't stacked the bad guys up in your ignore list.
  3. Here
    Moves
    15 Sep '16 05:51
    Yes ,I just signed on to a tournament because this player wasn't on it but when it came through there he was ,I will not play against him and have resigned both games ,He may win the tournament but I will not support sandbagging
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Sep '16 19:22
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Wouldn't we all? but I think it's probably beyond the comprehension of the programming if you haven't stacked the bad guys up in your ignore list.
    What's an ignore list Kewps?
    Are you saying that if you put a player on this list(which I don't know how to find) you can't be in the same tournament as him?
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 23:17
    Originally posted by venda
    What's an ignore list Kewps?
    Are you saying that if you put a player on this list(which I don't know how to find) you can't be in the same tournament as him?
    ignore list only stops a player from challenging and sending you messages
    tournaments are different, no barriers
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 03:231 edit
    I'm saying that if the OP's suggestion were to be implemented it would require each individual to maintain an up-to-date ignore list. I do instant resignations when one of the sandbaggers/clan-cheats shows up in my tournaments, so that I can still play in the tourney, and the individual concerned has had the gall to message me asking why I resigned. Go figure.
  7. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    21 Sep '16 12:27
    Originally posted by padger
    Yes ,I just signed on to a tournament because this player wasn't on it but when it came through there he was ,I will not play against him and have resigned both games ,He may win the tournament but I will not support sandbagging
    i had the same issue with that player
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 21:47
    Originally posted by roma45
    ignore list only stops a player from challenging and sending you messages
    tournaments are different, no barriers
    I'm pretty sure that was venda's point.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 21:53
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I'm saying that if the OP's suggestion were to be implemented it would require each individual to maintain an up-to-date ignore list. I do instant resignations when one of the sandbaggers/clan-cheats shows up in my tournaments, so that I can still play in the tourney, and the individual concerned has had the gall to message me asking why I resigned. Go figure.
    "I'm saying that if the OP's suggestion were to be implemented it would require each individual to maintain an up-to-date ignore list."

Not too difficult to do. Yes, you can lead humans to tools that simplify their lives, but you can't make them use them. Should this be taken to mean that help shouldn't be offered to people who aren't too ignorant to "maintain an up-to-date ignore list"?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 21:551 edit
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    i had the same issue with that player
    Probably the one who is constantly manipulating his rating so that he ends up playing in two bands of banded tourneys. That is my beef with him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree