1. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 16:01
    I can't see the clan rating as viable solution, unless other metrics are factored in

It was a noble effort, but it is designed for individual play, not clan play

It does not have the desired effect

I'm going back on my original strategy, with the hope that the clan rating will be undone
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 17:47
    Originally posted by Giannotti
    I can't see the clan rating as viable solution, unless other metrics are factored in

It was a noble effort, but it is designed for individual play, not clan play

It does not have the desired effect

I'm going back on my original strategy, with the hope that the clan rating will be undone
    Which brings us back to page 1 of this thread. 😛
  3. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 19:28
    I agree with mgrgrhgrhgrhgh55 and gianotti regarding the new points system, particularly the following:

1 point per game
    and
    Bonus points for overall win or draw accordingly

I used to play in a pool league and, even at county level, this is the same kind of system we had in place.
    It makes every game count, as well they should.

The only thing I would add is that challenges between the same clans should be limited at once a month, or maybe a little longer but not much more.

I am also strongly in favour of tighter moderation... there's another chess site I play on where they BAN people for resigning games prematurely, or if in drawn or winning positions.

~~~~~~~~~

As for the sandbagging issue, I still say that's down to ALL clan leaders to be careful when vetting challenges.

This year since taking on leadership, I've had multiple challenges that were bounced back at me with opponent changes,
    where the new opponents' average ratings (1 year and 5 year) exceeded my player by 100 points or more!

The solution is simple:
    Withdraw the challenge, then look elsewhere 🙂
  4. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 20:06
    Originally posted by padger
    How is that Robbie ?
    Is that what you wanted me to put ?
    Can I do anything else for you Robbie ?
    Padger I always thought of you as the man of reason. You seem intelligent, fair, and with good idea's. Not sure why you would put a response that is beneath you? Your better than that. And yes. I respect Robbie and I also believe in him as a leader and a moral man.

This is a chess site, and people need to get a life so they wont think the entire world and humanity all depends on a chess forum.

I have never had one cross word with you. I would like to keep it that way.
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 20:13
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    I agree with mgrgrhgrhgrhgh55 and gianotti regarding the new points system, particularly the following:

[b]1 point per game

and
    Bonus points for overall win or draw accordingly

I used to play in a pool league and, even at county level, this is the same kind of system we had in place.
    It makes every game count, as well they should. ...[text shortened]... y 100 points or more!

The solution is simple:
    Withdraw the challenge, then look elsewhere 🙂[/b]
    Keyboard malfunction ?? 😀😀
  6. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 20:35
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    Keyboard malfunction ?? 😀😀
    I was writing my reply but couldn't remember off the top of my head how to write your name, so just had fun with it 😀
  7. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 22:58
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    Wow.....all this talk about improving the system, but still focused on the Fact you and your clan are champions for 2016. That is a done issue. All done, in the history books.

All this complaining over an issue that has been decided. It's over. Easy Riders are the champs. End of story.

Time to wipe the tears and focus on the here and now. Something t ...[text shortened]... try the plan Russ has, and see how it goes this year.

Robbie do you like the changes so far?
    it will never be over robbie cheated just like you done in 2015 with strategic ultimatum
    you got clan suspended and cheating points removed
    the same must happen to the easy riders

no time limit
    no amnesty
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 23:12
    Originally posted by roma45
    it will never be over robbie cheated just like you done in 2015 with strategic ultimatum
    you got clan suspended and cheating points removed
    the same must happen to the easy riders

no time limit
    no amnesty
    Russ removed the clan rating from the clan table sort drop down menu.

So perhaps we are trending in the right direction ?
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 00:53
    Padger I always thought of you as the man of reason. You seem intelligent, fair, and with good idea's. Not sure why you would put a response that is beneath you? Your better than that. And yes. I respect Robbie and I also believe in him as a leader and a moral man.

This is a chess site, and people need to get a life so they wont think the entire world a ...[text shortened]... n a chess forum.

In other words, Padger is the exact opposite of you coward.

Carrobie worshipping forum for cowards......that a way --------->
  10. Here
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 06:39

This is a chess site, and people need to get a life so they wont think the entire world a ...[text shortened]... n a chess forum.

He is such a moral man to take it into his own hands to wreck the clan system and you followed him like a blind sheep
  11. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 08:03
    Originally posted by padger
    He is such a moral man to take it into his own hands to wreck the clan system and you followed him like a blind sheep
    don't mention sheep mctayto might get excited 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree