[youtube]ChWiZ3iXWwM[/youtube]
    At work.
    Got a brief synopsis?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 14:08
    One minute 50 seconds in summed it up to be honest. God is for people who don't like the idea of dying and rotting in the ground.

And the opening credits of how beautiful nature is merely demonstrates the majesty of evolution.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 14:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    At work.
    Got a brief synopsis?
    Basically, atheists are lying to themselves.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 14:38
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    One minute 50 seconds in summed it up to be honest. God is for people who don't like the idea of dying and rotting in the ground.

And the opening credits of how beautiful nature is merely demonstrates the majesty of evolution.
    Typical.
    A minute and fifty seconds to close the mind. You may have set a record for the longest time listening to irrefutable evidence for the existence of a creator.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 14:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    You are basically claiming to know what all atheists think. You are lying to yourself and to us.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 14:48
    Typical.
    A minute and fifty seconds to close the mind. You may have set a record for the longest time listening to irrefutable evidence for the existence of a creator.
    "...irrefutable evidence..."

Those words don't mean what you think they mean.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 14:53
    A lack a belief in the existence of god(s). Are you saying I actually do believe in the existence of god(s), but I'm telling myself I don't?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 14:54
    This statement doesn't make sense. How can a person lie to themselves?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 15:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This statement doesn't make sense. How can a person lie to themselves?
    That's why they call it a delusion.

Those who deny the existence of God are lying to themselves. Deep inside they know there's a creator, but to avoid accountability to their maker they convince themselves there is no God and avoid the obvious.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 15:06
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    A lack a belief in the existence of god(s). Are you saying I actually do believe in the existence of god(s), but I'm telling myself I don't?
    You know there's a creator, but you tell yourself there isn't. After a while you begin to believe it.

It's pure delusion.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 15:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You are basically claiming to know what all atheists think. You are lying to yourself and to us.
    That's silly. If atheists claim there's no Creator, then it's obvious that's what they think.

I'm not lying. You are.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 15:17
    That's why they call it a delusion.

Those who deny the existence of God are lying to themselves. Deep inside they know there's a creator, but to avoid accountability to their maker they convince themselves there is no God and avoid the obvious.
    Joe ,Joe, please step away from the keyboard. Your reasoning is painful.

How about we give it a flip and say those who claim God exist are lying to themselves? That deep inside you know there isn't really a creator and are just trying to avoid the accountability and certainty of mortal death and decay,....avoid the obvious.

How'd you like those apples?
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 15:19
    [youtube]ChWiZ3iXWwM[/youtube]
    Are you sure it's not theists' delusions about atheists?
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 15:335 edits
    That's silly. If atheists claim there's no Creator, then it's obvious that's what they think.

I'm not lying. You are.
    Oh, so that clarifies matters. You are talking about people who claim there's no Creator, and you're claim is that they are deluded in this.

Granting that theistic claimants have the right to define what properties their God has, it seems that all an atheist can do is point out logical or historical inconsistencies in those definitions, if there are such. But all the theist need do is to include in the definition, the notion that God is beyond human understanding. So yes, it is a mistake for atheists to think that they have factual knowledge that no such God exists.

Edit: But it is arguable whether this qualifies the theist to render a psychological diagnosis of delusion. This is more than likely a mere rhetorical flourish.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree