1. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 May '12 17:571 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    if you can actually address the point i was making, you may do better, your
    irrelevancies are just that, irrelevant.
    Your point is not disputed by anyone - hence my comment that you are arguing with phantoms. (yes your irrelevant point is an irrelevancy).
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '12 07:371 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Your point is not disputed by anyone - hence my comment that you are arguing with phantoms. (yes your irrelevant point is an irrelevancy).
    its not disputed because no one has even addressed it, will you therefore now publicly
    admit that in the case of theft the Bibles morality and practice of making reparation for
    the theft is superior to that of secular governments, again try to address the actual
    content of this post.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 May '12 08:06
    its not disputed because no one has even addressed it,
    Why should anyone address it if it is not being disputed? As you say yourself irrelevancies are just that, irrelevant.

will you therefore now publicly admit that in the case of theft the Bibles morality and practice of making reparation for the theft is superior to that of secular governments,
    No, I won't, because I don't believe it is. But that wasn't the point. The point was that you claim that:
    1. The Bible contains examples of morality superior to some secular governments.
    2. Simply because Bible is immoral in some parts doesn't mean that its immoral in all parts.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '12 08:18
    Why should anyone address it if it is not being disputed? As you say yourself irrelevancies are just that, irrelevant.

[b]will you therefore now publicly admit that in the case of theft the Bibles morality and practice of making reparation for the theft is superior to that of secular governments,

No, I won't, because I don't believe it is. But tha ...[text shortened]... 2. Simply because Bible is immoral in some parts doesn't mean that its immoral in all parts.[/b]
    1. No, I won't, because I don't believe it is - whitey

belief is not a reason at all, it contains no evidence and is simply an unsubstantiated
    opinion, where is your evidence that in the case of theft ( a specific example which
    does not claim that the Bible is moral in its entirety) the Bible is not superior in morality
    and practice to that of secular governments.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 May '12 08:24
    1. No, I won't, because I don't believe it is - whitey

belief is not a reason at all, it contains no evidence and is simply an unsubstantiated
    opinion, where is your evidence that in the case of theft ( a specific example which
    does not claim that the Bible is moral in its entirety) the Bible is not superior in morality
    and practice to that of secular governments.
    Please give a reference to what the provisions in the Bible are and I will give an opinion. I still don't see the relevance to the discussion. Is it relevant?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '12 08:271 edit
    Please give a reference to what the provisions in the Bible are and I will give an opinion. I still don't see the relevance to the discussion. Is it relevant?
    I already done so, but will do so again. In the case of theft the Bible mandate was that the
    perpetrator of the theft had to make reparation for the value of what was stolen. This
    is superior to the present secular system of incarceration which places the burden, not
    on the individual to make reparation for what was lost, but on the state.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '12 09:25
    I already done so, but will do so again. In the case of theft the Bible mandate was that the
    perpetrator of the theft had to make reparation for the value of what was stolen. This
    is superior to the present secular system of incarceration which places the burden, not
    on the individual to make reparation for what was lost, but on the state.
    Unless he is not convicted and then it can be taken to civil court for money damages. At least here in the USA.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree