1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 02:23
    Originally posted by josephw
    You're lying.
    ?

you do realize these types of comments, accurate or not, have a negative stain on you, right?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 06:21
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    ?

you do realize these types of comments, accurate or not, have a negative stain on you, right?
    The stain is on the one that's lying, and on anyone that believes a lie.

If you can't handle the confrontation, then by all means continue compromising on the truth. I won't. If the man continues to declare that the professing Christian must stop sinning in order to enter the kingdom of God by the keeping of the law and cannot himself say whether or not he has achieved a state of sinless perfection by observing all the commandments of Christ, then he is a hypocrite.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 06:311 edit
    If the man continues to declare that the professing Christian must stop sinning in order to enter the kingdom of God by the keeping of the law and cannot himself say whether or not he has achieved a state of sinless perfection by observing all the commandments of Christ, then he is a hypocrite.
    Isn't the issue what the Christian doctrine is or isn't, rather than whether Rajk999 is claiming that he is in "a state of sinless perfection" - something you seem to be bizarrely insinuating? You coming back time and time again with the same thing sounds like nothing but a highly personalized deflection and an attempt to pointedly NOT talk about the Christian doctrine at issue.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 06:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Isn't the issue what the Christian doctrine is or isn't, rather than whether Rajk999 is claiming that he is in "a state of sinless perfection" - something you seem to be bizarrely insinuating? You coming back time and time again with the same thing sounds like nothing but a highly personalized deflection and an attempt to pointedly NOT talk about the Christian doctrine at issue.
    How would you know about it? You can't make the claim that the doctrine is man made and deny the scripture's author and then come along making your accusations that what I'm saying is hypocritical.

I'm just cutting to the chase. If the man can make the application of the meaning of a passage of scripture to support the refutation of another, then the evidence for his assertion should be clearly manifested in his own life. Otherwise there's no substance to his belief and he's just a hypocrite.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 07:111 edit
    How would you know about it? You can't make the claim that the doctrine is man made and deny the scripture's author and then come along making your accusations that what I'm saying is hypocritical.

I'm just cutting to the chase. If the man can make the application of the meaning of a passage of scripture to support the refutation of another, then the evid ...[text shortened]... ifested in his own life. Otherwise there's no substance to his belief and he's just a hypocrite.
    You're not debating the doctrine, josephw. You're just attacking the person you disagree with.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 07:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Can you answer my question first please.

Why they pick up stones to stone him after he said "if you do not believe that I AM you will die in your sins"?

Thanks
    Nudge for roigam.
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 03:201 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Amen. And Amen.

[b] Roigam,

Where is the passage showing definitely God say "Jesus Christ is not God."[/b]
    Where should I start, there are so many?
    How about (John 20:17) Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”
    and (Philippians 2:6) who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 03:30
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b]Genesis 1:26 has God say " Let Us make man in Our image according to Our likeness"

Verse 27 says singular God created man in His own image.

Who is the image of the invisible God ? Check Colossians 1:15.

Check also Col. 3:10; 2 Cor. 4:4; Heb. 1:3; 2 Cor. 3:18; Rom. 8:29) [/b]
    do you realize that an image of something is not the real thing itself?
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 03:382 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Can you answer my question first please.

Why they pick up stones to stone him after he said "if you do not believe that I AM you will die in your sins"?

Thanks
    When Jesus said the I am he was referring to his existence, that he lived before
    Abraham. He was not talking about his nature or saying he is God.
    Again that was the misinterpretation the Jews put on what he said.
    They misunderstood a lot that he said because they didn't want to listen to the truth.

also, I had a thought to share on the new heavens but I lost the thread.
    I'm good at that!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree