1. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 May '16 12:48
    In another thread you said:

We need to be filled up with the Spirit of Christ transforming the soul.
    If you want to be saved you need to be saturated with this Spirit of the glorified Christ.
    Besides we need the saturation of this Spirit for the building up of His kingdom.
    The church is only in this Spirit.
    The church practically exists only in the flowing in and out of man of this Spirit of Christ.

There are many Im sure who are interested in finding out how exactly this is 'filling up with the Spirit of Christ' accomplished.
  2. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    19 May '16 15:14
    Originally posted by Rajk999

[i] We need to be filled up with the Spirit of Christ transforming the soul.
    If you want to be saved you need to be saturated with this Spirit of the glorified Christ.
    Besides we need the saturation of this Spirit for the building up of His kingdom.
    The church practically exists only ...[text shortened]... terested in finding out how exactly this is 'filling up with the Spirit of Christ' accomplished.
    reading the bible,praying in times of need (and 'want'😉 and then asking jesus into your life in prayer.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 May '16 16:07
    Originally posted by Andrew Kern
    reading the bible,praying in times of need (and 'want'😉 and then asking jesus into your life in prayer.
    Do you have some references to support your opinion?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 May '16 16:10
    Originally posted by Andrew Kern
    Thankyou Andrew. That certainly is a good start.

But do not be disappointed if this person calls your contribution "nonsense" or vehemently opposes you. I think he may be trying to pick a fight.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 May '16 16:16
    Do you have some references to support your opinion?
    Jude 20.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '16 17:022 edits

[i] We need to be filled up with the Spirit of Christ transforming the soul.
    The church practically exists only ...[text shortened]... terested in finding out how exactly this is 'filling up with the Spirit of Christ' accomplished.
    ESV Luke 11:
    11 What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; 12 or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

CJB Luke 11
    11 “Is there any father here who, if his son asked him for a fish, would instead of a fish give him a snake? 12 or if he asked for an egg would give him a scorpion? 13 So if you, even though you are bad, know how to give your children gifts that are good, how much more will the Father keep giving the Ruach HaKodesh from heaven to those who keep asking him!”

Romans 8:9 New International Version
    9You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

Galatians 4:6 New International Version
    6Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 May '16 17:05
    Originally posted by sonship

But do not be disappointed if this person calls your contribution "nonsense" or vehemently opposes you. I think he may be trying to pick a fight.
    I call certain contributions contrary to what Jesus said or contrary to Bible teaching. It is only if contributors insist that the Bible says something it does not say, then i call their contribution nonsense .. like Im going to show you shortly.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 May '16 17:28
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] Jude 20. [/b]
    So lets recap:

I ask this:
    how exactly this is 'filling up with the Spirit of Christ' accomplished.

Andrew says:
    reading the bible,praying in times of need (and 'want' and then asking jesus into your life in prayer.

I then ask for references and You say:

Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Do you think that presents a complete picture or a full answer?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 May '16 17:59
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    ESV Luke 11:
    11 What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; 12 or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

CJB Luke 11
    11 “Is there any f ...[text shortened]... sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."
    Regarding asking for anything the Bible contains several qualifiers, such as this one:

Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

There are similarly examples of this scenario in the writings of Paul where people asked for the HS to be used for monetary gain. Christianity is full of worldly materialistic leaders and pastors who are only interested in monetary gain. Whether or not God is with these people is doubtful

Praying aslo is qualified like this statement here:

[i[Jas_5:16 .. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. [/i]

It is like Sonship's claim that Christians have the Holy Spirit just like in the day of Pentecost. The Bible is clear that not everyone received the Holy Spirit but only 'devout men' from every nation.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '16 18:192 edits
    Regarding asking for anything the Bible contains several qualifiers, such as this one:

Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

There are similarly examples of this scenario in the writings of Paul where people asked for the HS to be used for monetary gain. Christianity is full of worldly ma ...[text shortened]... clear that not everyone received the Holy Spirit but [b]only 'devout men' from every nation.
    [/b]
    You think asking God for His Holy Spirit that which is required to belong to Him, who also
    will lead us so that we do not live according to the flesh but after the Spirit is asking
    amiss because of our lust? If all you want is power to not follow God I'd agree with
    you, but a child asking his Father for something needed isn't typically going to be us
    asking God for something amiss.

I'm going to let sonships claims be defended by sonship, the scripture I gave I'll defend
    because they go to the heart of the discussion. What you brought forward does not
    address what God says about the Holy Spirit, that I think goes to what you think of others
    not so much what God and His children worry about when it comes to following God's
    Spirit and obeying Him.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 May '16 18:24
    You think asking God for His Holy Spirit that which is required to belong to Him, who also
    will lead us so that we do not live according to the flesh but after the Spirit is asking
    amiss because of our lust? If all you want is power to not follow God I'd agree with
    you, but a child asking his Father for something needed isn't typically going to be us
    as ...[text shortened]... what God and His children worry about when it comes to following God's
    Spirit and obeying Him.
    Basically, God knows who receives the HS and who does not.
    Some gets it and some do not.

The claim by some Christians that all Christians get it is incorrect.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '16 18:29
    Basically, God knows who receives the HS and who does not.
    Some gets it and some do not.

The claim by some Christians that all Christians get it is incorrect.
    I'm sorry do you have Scripture for that statement?

There is a very real distinction on who has the Holy Spirit in their lives and who does not.

The some get it are all of those that belong to God, you think there are those that belong
    to God and do not have God's Spirit, making the scripture a lie?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 May '16 18:401 edit
    I'm sorry do you have Scripture for that statement?

There is a very real distinction on who has the Holy Spirit in their lives and who does not.

The some get it are all of those that belong to God, you think there are those that belong
    to God and do not have God's Spirit, making the scripture a lie?
    On the day of Pentecost, only a specific group of devout men received the HS. It was not everyone who were present.

For me the proof that someone has Gods Spirit in them is if they preach the doctrine of Christ and if they follow His commandments. I dont know who else has Gods Spirit.

How do you know or how do you tell the difference. I ask because you say that there is a real distinction
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 May '16 18:424 edits

There are similarly examples of this scenario in the writings of Paul where people asked for the HS to be used for monetary gain. Christianity is full of worldly ma ...[text shortened]... clear that not everyone received the Holy Spirit but [b]only 'devout men' from every nation.
    [/b]
    In the following passage, Jesus makes it clear that Jesus / God / the "Spirit of truth" will only abide in those who KEEP His commandments.

John 14
    16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

18“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19“After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also. 20“In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.” 22Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, what then has happened that You are going to disclose Yourself to us and not to the world?” 23Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

But like those who purport to BELIEVE in fidelity in marriage, yet do not KEEP their wedding vows, do not truly believe in what they say they do.

If sonship remains true to form, he has or will cobble together verses and/or portions of verses taken out of context from disparate passages and use them to dismiss what Jesus makes perfectly clear in the above passage. Of course taking such an approach yields "nonsense", but it is how sonship manages to hold onto his beliefs.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 May '16 20:471 edit

Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Do you think that presents a complete picture or a full answer?[/b]

I said to Andrew that what he wrote was "a good start".
    Go back and read my response.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree