1. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:53
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yes He did, He called them workers of iniquity even though they were DID good works!
    I'm not superior to Jesus, that is what Jesus did, even though they did good works Jesus
    looked at them NOT the works they did.

They did those works in JESUS name, Jesus did not deny that they were done. So then
    we are left with something here, if good works can be do ...[text shortened]... rist we are saved, it isn't works, and
    everyone that doesn't believe in Him is condemn already.
    What rubbish !!
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:561 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Matthew 23:27-28, Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside, but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and every impurity. In the same way, you appear to be righteous on the outside, but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.…

Doing good works gives you a righteous outside appearance, no?
    Wrong. Doing good works does not give you any righteous outside appearance. You Christians do not know the teachings of Christ and it shows up in all your posts.

Doing 'good' works TO BE SEEN OF MEN gives you a righteous outside appearance, and Christ is not pleased with those just like in the case where he called them WORKERS OF INIQUITY. Doing good works the way Christ recommended will not give you a righteous outside appearance.

Read your blooming Bible .. lazy bum!
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 16:33
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What rubbish !!
    This isn't one of your strongest arguments I have seen, you didn't go point by point. 🙁
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 17:311 edit
    What rubbish !!
    So you believe the words that are clearly written in the Bible are rubbish? But somehow only the one's that fit into Matthew 25 aren't rubbish? Is your faith based on all the Bible or only Matthew 25?
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 17:40
    Wrong. Doing good works does not give you any righteous outside appearance. You Christians do not know the teachings of Christ and it shows up in all your posts.

Doing 'good' works TO BE SEEN OF MEN gives you a righteous outside appearance, and Christ is not pleased with those just like in the case where he called them WORKERS OF INIQUITY. Doing good work ...[text shortened]... ended will not give you a righteous outside appearance.

Read your blooming Bible .. lazy bum!
    So to people like me and you, (who cannot see whether or not good works are done to be seen by men) the the person will only have a 'righteous outside appearance' if they are being a hypocrite?? Sorry that makes no sense.

When you say 'you Christians' are you implying you aren't one? That would clear a lot of things up.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 18:19
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    So to people like me and you, (who cannot see whether or not good works are done to be seen by men) the the person will only have a 'righteous outside appearance' if they are being a hypocrite?? Sorry that makes no sense.

When you say 'you Christians' are you implying you aren't one? That would clear a lot of things up.
    You are really an idiot and I cannot continue discussing anything further with you.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 18:49
    You are really an idiot and I cannot continue discussing anything further with you.
    Of course when your argument breaks down you resort to name calling. Why am I not surprised?

By the way do you follow the commands of Christ which you claim will save you? How about this one?

Matthew 5:22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 22:09
    Who righteousness is it when we do good works ours, or someone else?
    Met? like how.?
    But yes. Powerful ideas transcend lifetimes.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 22:111 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    My guess is obeying God's commands as found in the Bible.

If we do then the resulting good works, ours or God's?
    Well considering there is no confirmed Christian god, I guess the former.

Apparently our ego and the separation from our natural state causes this birth-death cycle
  10. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 21:01
    Well let me ask you this, if you do a good deed but not in the name of the Lord, nor do you
    give thanks to God is that the same thing?
    The scripture in the Bible is clear - all glory comes to God. Thus when you do a good deed and not give the glory and or thanks to God, you've done so for your own agenda and your own praise. If you know better, why aren't you giving it to the one who deserves it. That is my opinion.
  11. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 21:13
    Not sure that answers the question.
    My understanding from the question was "who receives the reward for doing a good work/deed". From a Christianity point of view, ALL glory goes to God. Although when you do good deeds and people thank you, there is nothing wrong with it, as long as you in return give thanks to God. We are merely instruments in Gods hands. If on the other hand you obviously do not believe in God, then all the glory and all the praise and all the thanks goes to you.
  12. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 21:23
    Jesus did not condemn anyone who did good works.

Jesus condemned people WHO SAID THAT THEY DID GOOD WORKS, .BUT WERE IN FACT WORKERS OF INIQUITY
    Agreed. But would also add "WHO ALSO DID GOOD WORKS".
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 22:36
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Agreed. But would also add "WHO ALSO DID GOOD WORKS".
    You can add all you wish but you would find nowhere in the Bible where good works or good deeds are condemned.
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    06 Dec '16 18:091 edit
    You can add all you wish but you would find nowhere in the Bible where good works or good deeds are condemned.
    Of course good works are not condemned. The thing you don't want to acknowledge is that we are not saved by good works.

Ephesians 2:8, For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast.…
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '16 18:12
    Good works are not condemned, but people who do not believe are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree