1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 02:42
    There are some Christians in this community who quite often resort to likening non-Christian members of the community (and even, on occasions, fellow Christians too) to "Satan" etc. Having been a Christian, I know full well that it's probably the 'meanest' barb a Christian can come up with.

Is it that they are, on some level, worried that if they don't do the superstitious trash talk thing in public, against people who don't believe in it, then they might lose their "salvation" and their "immortality"? Are all their mythology-referencing condemnations just part of them trying to please their god figure?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 03:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are some Christians in this community who quite often resort to likening non-Christian members of the community (and even, on occasions, fellow Christians too) to "Satan" etc. Having been a Christian, I know full well that it's probably the 'meanest' barb a Christian can come up with.

Is it that they are, on some level, worried that if they [b]don't[/b ...[text shortened]... l their mythology-referencing condemnations just part of them trying to please their god figure?
    According to the Bible, you are either a Child of God or a Child of Satan.

Take it up with the big guy if you don't like it.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 03:04
    Originally posted by Eladar
    According to the Bible, you are either a Child of God or a Child of Satan.

Take it up with the big guy if you don't like it.
    You have dodged the OP's question.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 03:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have dodged the OP's question.
    No, I answered it.

Nothing wrong with identifying a child of Satan.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 03:15
    No, I answered it.

But that isn't an answer to the question. The question is about, for whose benefit do you do the trash talk.

Are worried that if you don't do the trash talk thing in public against non-believers (and believers you disagree with) you might lose your"salvation" and "immortality"? Are your condemnations just part of you thinking you are pleasing your god figure?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 03:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    But that isn't an answer to the question. The question is about, for whose benefit do you do the trash talk.

Are worried that if you don't do the trash talk thing in public against non-believers (and believers you disagree with) you might lose your"salvation" and "immortality"? Are your condemnations just part of you thinking you are pleasing your god figure?
    Just calling a spade a spade.

A child of Satan's opinion is without worth, unless one wants to defy God and go to hell.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 03:341 edit
    No, I answered it.

How can one identify with Satan when there is no such entity?

It's more likely, if there is a satan, that 'he' is manipulating your fear to make you vilify normal people asking normal questions.

No Eladar, You just take the quick, fearful way out everytime.
    Love takes time and real intelligence, not quick one-liners.
    You are talking yourself into a corner more and more everytime I read your posts. You literally have nothing to offer other than to wave hell in peoples faces that don't agree with you. don't you realize how ineffective your approach is?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 03:37
    Just calling a spade a spade.

A child of Satan's opinion is without worth, unless one wants to defy God and go to hell.
    You just seem to want to deliver more of your trash talk. That's not what this thread is about.

Is the Christian trash talk for your benefit or do you think it's for the benefit of people who think it's just meaningless.

If the answer is - it's for your benefit, then what is that benefit exactly?

If the answer is - it's for the benefit of the people at whom the trash talk is aimed, then what benefit do you think it brings them?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 03:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    You just seem to want to deliver more of your trash talk. That's not what this thread is about.

Is the Christian trash talk for your benefit or do you think it's for the benefit of people who think it's just meaningless.

If the answer is - it's for your benefit, then what is that benefit exactly?

If the answer is - it's for the benefit of the people at whom the trash talk is aimed, then what benefit do you think it brings them?
    You call it trash talk as a child of Satan.

I give you the answer to your question, but you rfuse to acknowledge it.

Quite common for you.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 03:58
    You call it trash talk as a child of Satan.

I give you the answer to your question, but you rfuse to acknowledge it.

Quite common for you.
    Is the trash talk for your own benefit?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 04:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is the trash talk for your own benefit?
    I don't know, at this point is your trash talk for your own benefit?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 04:44
    You call it trash talk as a child of Satan. I give you the answer to your question, but you rfuse to acknowledge it.
    Clearly this is an OP which poses a question you are determined not to address.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 04:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Clearly this is an OP which poses a question you are determined not to address.
    Clearly you think your crap don't stink.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 05:06
    Clearly you think your crap don't stink.
    Perhaps you don't understand what I am referring to when I say "Christian trash talk". Having been a Christian myself, I am well aware that likening people to "Satan" or claiming they are under the influence of "Satan" are the most visceral and vituperative things a Christian can possibly aim at someone.

It is the ultimate Christian style of smack down in the context of discourse. I may have my disagreements with people, and I may be forthright at times, but I don't come out with anything comparable to playing the "Satan" card against people.

Indeed, I support your freedom of religion and wish you well if it serves a purpose for you and brings you solace etc.

I have never said anything to any Christian here (or to any of the Christians I live among) that can be even remotely compared to the ultimate vicious and poisonous meaning deliberately intended by a Christian when they are evoking "Satan" and aiming it at someone with whom they disagree.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 05:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps you don't understand what I am referring to when I say "Christian trash talk". Having been a Christian myself, I am well aware that likening people to "Satan" or claiming they are under the influence of "Satan" are the most visceral and vituperative things a Christian can possibly aim at someone.

It is the ultimate Christian style of smack down in th ...[text shortened]... d by a Christian when they are evoking "Satan" and aiming it at someone with whom they disagree.
    You tell me that when I state my beliefs I am trash talking.

In other words my beliefs are trash.

You complain when I tell you your beliefs are trash.

You are a hypocrite.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree