1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 18:173 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    No, I am referring to the standard understanding of professional psychologists.

Please explain why deprivation is not a form of abuse?
    How do you know what the standard understanding of all professional psychologists is?

Because deprivation can at times be good. Do you think it is good or abusive if a child is deprived of the right to drink alcohol for example?
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 18:55
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    How do you know what the standard understanding of all professional psychologists is?

Because deprivation can at times be good. Do you think it is good or abusive if a child is deprived of the right to drink alcohol for example?
    Ah okay, you're going to play childish word games rather than answer a simple question about deprivation in the context being discussed. (In relation to your time in the cult).
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 19:00
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Ah okay, you're going to play childish word games rather than answer a simple question about deprivation in the context being discussed. (In relation to your time in the cult).
    I'm the one playing childish word games? You just dodged two straightforward questions.

1. How do you know what the standard understanding of all professional psychologists is?

2. Do you think it is good or abusive if a child is deprived of the right to drink alcohol for example? Yes or No?
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 20:05
    I'm the one playing childish word games? You just dodged two straightforward questions.

1. How do you know what the standard understanding of all professional psychologists is?

2. Do you think it is good or abusive if a child is deprived of the right to drink alcohol for example? Yes or No?
    1. It's my profession.

2. Irrelevant question. We were talking about deprivation in regards to your experiences in a cult (not of you being deprived of the right to drink alcohol).

How about you just explain why deprivation, such as experienced in a cult, is not a form of abuse?
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 20:15
    Again you are welcome to assume that since I was in an environment of psychological abuse I also suffered psychological abuse. You are welcome to assume this, even if you can not prove it.
    Is it fair to say you were subjected to psychological abuse, but weren't adversely affected by it?
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 20:33
    Originally posted by apathist
    Is it fair to say you were subjected to psychological abuse, but weren't adversely affected by it?
    Ooh, I like that. 🙂
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 23:17
    Originally posted by apathist
    I would say that his comment in reply to my pointed observation (both of which I quoted on page 50) indicates that - at least at that unguarded moment - he conceded that he has been adversely affected by the psychological abuse, in terms of both his intellectual and interpersonal behaviour.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 02:24
    Again you are welcome to your subjective opinions that I was personally abused. And you are also welcome to think that every professional psychiatrist or psychologist will share your opinion.
    I think the overwhelming majority would share FMF's opinion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree