1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 22:14
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Well given that I am neither concealing hatred, nor spreading slander, and I am not a fool...

And given that you spread slander like it was butter on bread and are indeed a fool...

What was your point?
    That is a matter of opinion.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 13:124 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is not exactly true.

There is a Debate Forum which is for "Potentially heated discussions on topics such as world affairs, politics and other such areas of interest."

I made a thread with the title "Michelle Obama may be a transsexual" because of information out in the public. I presented most of this information by video. It seemed a good controversial topic to discuss and debate to me.
    No, you did not think it a good thing to debate. You clearly hate blacks and you clearly ESPECIALLY hate there being a black president, and even WORSE, a Democrate black president, and you could give a damn less about the veracity of those false charges because you want to push the hate agenda which has nothing to do with debating, it has everything to do with deep seated hatred of Obama and you merely repeat the lies about Michelle. You are one sick SOB at LEAST as sick as the asssholes who started that BS. That was uncalled for in ANY kind of debate forum. That was sick slander by ANYONE'S definition. That is not debate, that is you pushing your sick agenda, pure and simple. You fool nobody but yourself. And THAT is NOT opinion, That is FACT, Jack.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 01:151 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No, you did not think it a good thing to debate. You clearly hate blacks and you clearly ESPECIALLY hate there being a black president, and even WORSE, a Democrate black president, and you could give a damn less about the veracity of those false charges because you want to push the hate agenda which has nothing to do with debating, it has everything to do w ...[text shortened]... nda, pure and simple. You fool nobody but yourself. And THAT is NOT opinion, That is FACT, Jack.
    That is your opinion, for I do not hate all Blacks and I could fully support and vote for Ben Carson if he were to win the Presidential nomination for the Republican Party.

Those claims about Obama and his wife could also turn out to be true for all I know. It appears that you are getting too emotional to act rationally on the subject. 😏
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 19:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    "Do atheists hate the God they don't believe in?" (by Matt Slick)

"People behave according to what they believe not what they don't believe. When an atheist says that God doesn't exist or denies Him or works hard to disprove His existence, he is behaving in a manner that is consistent with what he believes. Likewise, when an atheist s ...[text shortened]... ate-the-god-they-dont-believe-in

Question: What do you believe?
    "Do atheists hate the God they don't believe in?"
    _________

How could any human being possibly "hate" a person they don't even know?
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 17:25
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Do atheists hate the God they don't believe in?"
    _________

How could any human being possibly "hate" a person they don't even know?
    Nice try old chap, but for an atheist it is not about 'not knowing' but 'not believing in.' (How can i get to know something i don't believe exists?).

I don't hate anybody, (including the God i don't believe in). That said, it could be possible to hate someone i don't know. This could not be said for someone who doesn't exist. (For example, i could hate a man i've never met, but who killed someone i cared about. But to hate a non existing entity, on any grounds, would be illogical).
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 21:452 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Nice try old chap, but for an atheist it is not about 'not knowing' but 'not believing in.' (How can i get to know something i don't believe exists?).

I don't hate anybody, (including the God i don't believe in). That said, it could be possible to hate someone i don't know. This could not be said for someone who doesn't exist. (For example, i coul ...[text shortened]... d someone i cared about. But to hate a non existing entity, on any grounds, would be illogical).
    GD, my reply was directed to "Matt Slick" the author of the article presented in this thread's original post not you.
    To "believe" = absolute confidence in a promise or promises backed by the integrity of a person whether a parent, professor,
    doctor, lawyer, chess mentor or Soverign God nothing more nor less. Hope this comment clarifies my reply. ~GB.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 22:00
    GD, my reply was directed to "Matt Slick" the author of the article presented in this thread's original post not you.
    To "believe" = absolute confidence in a promise or promises backed by the integrity of a person whether a parent, professor,
    doctor, lawyer, chess mentor or Soverign God nothing more nor less. Hope this comment clarifies my reply. ~GB.
    But i don't think your reply answered Matt Slick's question.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 00:411 edit
    But i don't think your reply answered Matt Slick's question.
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    "Do atheists hate the God they don't believe in?" (by Matt Slick)

"People behave according to what they believe not what they don't believe. When an atheist says that God doesn't exist or denies Him or works hard to disprove His existence, he is behaving in a manner that is consistent with what he believes. Likewise, when an atheist speaks against God by accusing Him of immorality, then he is displaying his disdain for God. Christians often encounter such displays of contempt for God when atheists cite God-ordered Old Testament events that atheists believe are morally wrong. When they do this, they are demonstrating their scorn for God by accusing Him of doing what is wrong and, therefore, being wrong. Disdain, contempt, and scorn are all synonymous with hate.

Of course, atheists will say that they can't hate what they don't believe in. But if that is the case and they actually deny that God exists (either by positive denial or passive lack-of-belief), then they are expressing denial of the Christian concept of God by not properly affirming Him. Now, if the Christian concept of God is true and God actually exists, then it would be necessarily true that the atheists are expressing their disdain/hatred for the true and living God, especially when they accuse Him of wrong doing. Either way, those atheists who work against God's existence and also accuse Him of evil are doing so based on what they believe, namely, that God does not exist and the God of Scripture is morally wrong. Again, people behave according to what they believe, not what they don't believe.

What I think is interesting is that atheists have two problems--among many. First, they cannot establish that God does not exist. Yes, I know about the problem of disproving a universal negative and demonstrating that God doesn't exist anywhere, anytime. They can't. This is why they retreat into the "lack of belief in God" position. It's safer intellectual footing for them to stand on because it is less assailable. Of course, the "I lack belief in God" position has its weaknesses, too. But I digress. Atheists cannot demonstrate that God does not exist, so they often say there is no evidence for God's existence or that the evidence presented is not sufficient. However, evidence is a subjective concept since what may be evidence for you may not be evidence for me (see What is evidence?). Plus, evidence has validity based on a person's assumptions. Therefore, it is the assumptions that need to be examined.

Second, when atheists accuse God of being immoral and express their disdain for Him, they are making moral judgments. But, they have no objective moral standard by which they can make such judgments. They can assert that it is their opinion that God is wrong, but their opinion doesn't make Him wrong. They can say that society judges God to be wrong, but what makes the society correct? There are many kinds of problems that arise when atheists assert that the God of Scripture is somehow morally wrong for doing something. Then when confronted with their inconsistencies, they continue to deny Him and accuse Him of wrongdoing. Why, if He doesn't exist to them? It seems more plausible to say they hate God, at least in a mild sense, and their disdain is manifested in their actions.

Nevertheless, to reiterate, people behave according to what they believe, not what they don't believe. Second, whenever an atheist accuses God of immorality, he is passing a condemning judgment upon God and displaying his moral contempt for Him. Therefore, in his contempt, he is revealing his hatred for the God he does not believe in." https://carm.org/do-atheists-hate-the-god-they-dont-believe-in

Question: What do you believe?"

"How could any human being possibly "hate" a person they don't even know?"

"First, they cannot establish that God does not exist. Yes, I know about the problem of disproving a universal negative and demonstrating that God doesn't exist anywhere, anytime. They can't...." (OP)

GD, I maintain that God is "a person they don't even know." And it's impossible to hate a person you or I don't even know [or know of].

"Now, if the Christian concept of God is true and God actually exists, then it would be necessarily true that the atheists are expressing their disdain/hatred for the true and living God, especially when they accuse Him of wrong doing..." (OP)

I also concur that atheists "are expressing their disdain/hatred for the true and living God, especially when they accuse Him of wrong doing." However, my reply did not focus on accusations of "wrong doing" which are a behavioral reaction rather than the rational decision to reject even the remote possibility that God may exist. What if He does exist? Then what? ~GB.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 12:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No, you did not think it a good thing to debate. You clearly hate blacks and you clearly ESPECIALLY hate there being a black president, and even WORSE, a Democrate black president, and you could give a damn less about the veracity of those false charges because you want to push the hate agenda which has nothing to do with debating, it has everything to do w ...[text shortened]... nda, pure and simple. You fool nobody but yourself. And THAT is NOT opinion, That is FACT, Jack.
    I fully agree and I support this sentiment.

And yet I had people in that other forum ask me why would I be upset if someone said that I was a transsexual.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 12:37

I don't hate anybody, (including the God i don't believe in). That said, it could be possible to hate someone i don't know. This could not be said for someone who doesn't exist. (For example, i coul ...[text shortened]... d someone i cared about. But to hate a non existing entity, on any grounds, would be illogical).
    My reply to this is that you do not know that God does not exist. Therefore, if you hated God, you would not be hating something that doesn't exist, but you would be hating something that you believed doesn't exist. Do you feel this to be a distinction too fine to be arguing about?
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 13:511 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    My reply to this is that you do not know that God does not exist. Therefore, if you hated God, you would not be hating something that doesn't exist, but you would be hating something that you believed doesn't exist. Do you feel this to be a distinction too fine to be arguing about?
    Not at all, just trying to explain the mind-set of an atheist. (In relation to Matt Slick's question "Do atheists hate the God they don't believe in?)
    I readily accept that from a theist mind-set it seems perfectly logical that if an atheist accepted that they didn't know for certain God didn't exist and got to 'know him,' then they might not hate him.- But this is totally illogical to an atheist who has, by virtue of being an atheist, already decided that, as far as he is concerned, God doesn't exist. - Therefore, the idea of getting to know God is as irrelevant as the notion of harbouring any hatred towards Him.
    Comparative analogies are seldom effective (or respectful) on this topic, but the Question "Do atheists hate God" is (to the mind of 'this' atheist) as barmy as asking "Do you hate Superman?" - To which of course I would immediately answer "But Superman is fictitious! How can I hate a made up character?" - I'm sure you would acknowledge the ridiculousness of the follow up question, "Perhaps you wouldn't hate Superman if you got to know him."

I genuinely understand that it is hard for a theist to hear (or compute) this, but as an atheist I believe 'I do' know that God does not exist. Just as I know Superman does not exist, but is merely a human creation. Again, I understand that a theist will not be happy with this answer, but for me it is not a question of 'believing' God does not exist. I 'know it,' just as I know water is wet or fire is extremely hot.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 20:04
    Not at all, just trying to explain the mind-set of an atheist. (In relation to Matt Slick's question "Do atheists hate the God they don't believe in?)
    I readily accept that from a theist mind-set it seems perfectly logical that if an atheist accepted that they didn't know for certain God didn't exist and got to 'know him,' then they might not hate ...[text shortened]... elieving' God does not exist. I 'know it,' just as I know water is wet or fire is extremely hot.
    I'm heard similar from other atheists and yet they can't seem to wrap their minds around the idea that similarly, theists "know" God does exist and that they have interaction with him daily. All they say is "no, you can't know God exists" (and/or that we are 'fools' for thinking so), and yet they still say they "know" that He doesn't exist. It's this dichotomy that seems incongruent, and therefore, belief-based. Odd for a group who claims they are driven by logic only.
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 20:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm heard similar from other atheists and yet they can't seem to wrap their minds around the idea that similarly, theists "know" God does exist and that they have interaction with him daily. All they say is "no, you can't know God exists" (and/or that we are 'fools' for thinking so), and yet they still say they "know" that He doesn't exist. It's this dich ...[text shortened]... , and therefore, belief-based. Odd for a group who claims they are driven by logic only.
    I'm happy to accept that you 'know' God exists. You can't however say that you 'know' He exists, but that atheists only 'believe' that he doesn't. My certainty that he doesn't exist is every bit as strong as your certainty that he does.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 07:09
    “La plus belle des ruses du diable est de vous persuader qu'il n'existe pas."

"The devil's finest trick is to persuade you that he does not exist."
    ―Charles Baudelaire, Paris Spleen

Thought Question for Suzianne and Ghost of a Duke: Does the devil exist?
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 08:22
    “La plus belle des ruses du diable est de vous persuader qu'il n'existe pas."

"The devil's finest trick is to persuade you that he does not exist."
    ―Charles Baudelaire, Paris Spleen

Thought Question for Suzianne and Ghost of a Duke: Does the devil exist?
    If i don't believe in Superman old chap, it can be assumed that i don't believe in Lex Luthor.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree