Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 12:01
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Evilution Lies in the Textbooks

[youtube]LzqEdaDaqvM[/youtube]
    The lies of creationism:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012/06/20/creationism-requires-a-global-conspiracy-of-lying-scientists-andor-a-lying-god/
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 18:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The lies of creationism:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012/06/20/creationism-requires-a-global-conspiracy-of-lying-scientists-andor-a-lying-god/
    Your own reference admits that it is impossible to prove that the universe was not created 6,000-10,000 years ago.

However, he is wrong that creationism relies on the fact that all scientist are lying, because I have made many references to scientists that believe in the young earth and a young universe of only a few thousand years old. And even many, of those that still believe in the propaganda of an old earth and universe that they were taught in school, have come to believe that there must be a divine Creator because of the discovery of the programming instructions in DNA and the unbelievable complexity of life from the cell on up.

He is also wrong about a theory that God is lying, because atheist refuse to acknowledge God as even existing, but claim that man is a god and has made up the God theory. 😏
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 19:421 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Your own reference admits that it is impossible to prove that the universe was not created 6,000-10,000 years ago.

However, he is wrong that creationism relies on the fact that all scientist are lying, because I have made many references to scientists that believe in the young earth and a young universe of only a few thousand years old. And even many, of ...[text shortened]... cknowledge God as even existing, but claim that man is a god and has made up the God theory. 😏
    That part is true anyway. Man made god in his own image, how could it be otherwise? An eternal being presumably living in some kind of space outside our universe just HAPPENS to look like humans? How can you believe that rot?

That is going to the fundamental arrogance of the human race, thinking somehow we look like gods.
  6. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 19:472 edits
    They cant find anything much older than about 6000 years.
    We do however have a problem with light from distant stars.
    Not sure about that one.
    Maybe Kelly Jay who I respect enormously can shed some light.(no pun intended)
    Not interested in the opinion of the welsh chump whoo cantt eeven speel.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 19:55
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    We do however have a problem with light from distant stars.
    Not sure about that one.
    Maybe Kelly Jay who I respect enormously can shed some light.
    Not interested in the opinion of the welsh chump whoo cantt eeven speel.
    A living tree 9000 years old has just been found in Scotland:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1895979/Worlds-oldest-living-tree-over-9000-years-old.html

OF COURSE Hinds will poo poo this and any other evidence older than that ridiculous 6000 year figure.

"They can't prove it didn't get 2 tree rings a year' and so forth. That is his basic argument.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 20:22
    That part is true anyway. Man made god in his own image, how could it be otherwise? An eternal being presumably living in some kind of space outside our universe just HAPPENS to look like humans? How can you believe that rot?

That is going to the fundamental arrogance of the human race, thinking somehow we look like gods.
    God was manifest in the image of man as Jesus, so why can't man be made in the image of God? 😏
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 20:46
    A living tree 9000 years old has just been found in Scotland:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1895979/Worlds-oldest-living-tree-over-9000-years-old.html

OF COURSE Hinds will poo poo this and any other evidence older than that ridiculous 6000 year figure.

"They can't prove it didn't get 2 tree rings a year' and so forth. That is his basic argument.
    Actually this is all speculation and one can not always tell the date by tree rings or carbon dating. Carbon dating is selected dating. Here is the theory of carbon dating.

YouTube
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 04:10
    I'm convinced that both sides in this discussion just want to argue. Just as in most similar cases, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. But both sides insist that only they have the entire story, when the truth is that neither side has a corner on the whole truth.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 05:152 edits

Satan the the serpent devil told Eve the opposite of what God said. You also say God is a liar and say exactly the opposite from God. It is clear that you are of your father the devil and unlike Eve, I will not believe your lies. But I will continue to believe the truth. 😏
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 05:19
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm convinced that both sides in this discussion just want to argue. Just as in most similar cases, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. But both sides insist that only they have the entire story, when the truth is that neither side has a corner on the whole truth.
    No, the truth in most similar cases does not 'lie somewhere in the middle'. And it doesn't in this case either.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 05:21
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Who is this 'they' who can't find anything much older than about 6000 years? Have you heard of geology? Its that branch of science that studies rocks and stuff. Look it up.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 05:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yeah, I already know that you believe in a multi-billion year old earth and universe and that God used evilution in forming the animals and man over millions of years.

However, I choose to accept the total word of God as truth and not the word of corruptible men. 😏
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 05:26
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, the truth in most similar cases does not 'lie somewhere in the middle'. And it doesn't in this case either.
    I agree. There is no middle ground, it is either the word of God or it is the word of corruptible men. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree