1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 10:254 edits
    GSWILM is a relative of mine, actually my father. When I go over to his house I occasionally make a comment to the Forum with his id. When I do I indicate this by signing sonship. Please check all comments contributed by gswilm to confirm this explanation.

As you can see sharing a physical PC has little to do with us sharing theological viewpoints. And he also beats me at chess quite a bit. He has also authored and edited some fifteen books of theology.

I have not authored one, yet.

Divegeester, I have explained many times about how jaywill (myself) once left Chessatwork and asked that my id be discontinued. Then after a long period needed to devote to other matters, i signed up again with the new tag sonship.

If I explained this plainly to all participants once, I did so about ten or fifteen times.
    If you wish not to take my word for it, I suggest you check the webmaster to see if they have a record of such suspension of jaywill and a resubcription after about a year of that member again as sonship.

Now to the thread subject and some comments below.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 11:105 edits
    I would point out that the foundational book Christian doctrine Romans contrasts TWO historical men quite pointedly - Adam and Christ. So Paul must have taken Adam's life as history.

1.) Through one man Adam sin entered into the world (Rom. 5:12).
    2.) Death reigned from Adam until Moses (v.14).
    3.) Through one man's offense (Adam's) "many died" . Yet it contrast through one man's obedience (Christ's) the gift of grace was given (v. 15).
    4.) One man's offense(Adam's) brought in death and one man's obedience (Christ's) brought in the abundance of grace (v.:17).
    5.) Through Adam's offense came condemnation on all men, but through Christ's obedience came justification of life to all men (v.18).
    6.) Through Adam's sin many were constituted sinners, and through Christ's obedience many will be constituted righteous (v.19).

Adam, Moses, and Christ are all taken as historical people in Romans. .

These kinds of contrasts the apostle Paul makes led me to take the historicity of Adam to be are real as that of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Himself refers to making of Adam and his wife as being in the beginning of history.

" But from the beginning of creation, He made them male and female " (Mark 10:6) compare (Genesis 1:27; 5:2)

Jesus then goes on to include the formation of Adam's wife as part of world history.

" For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife; and the two shall be one flesh. So then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has yoked together, let man not separate." (Mark 10:7-9) Compare (Genesis 2:21-25)

So eventually, I got persuaded that Jesus , whose wisdom and integrity is above my questioning, took Genesis as history.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree