1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 21:49
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I operate under the assumption that He is real.
    I believe smart money says likewise...
    God does not play dice with the universe.
    This is not just one of those sayings, it is as things are.
    Spirituality is NOT a game
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 21:522 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    What you believe is important is overwhelmed by the sheer size of Society. Your contribution means as much as your vote in a national election.
    Wrong. I could influence 1000 people to vote.
    I could do the smallest little thing that could set off a chain reaction of events that can make dramatic change.
    Human law is limited but the guidelines of the universe open up all sorts of possibilities.
    Anyway , I'm prolly more like JC in the sense that he hung out with bums and winos

One Zen master studieed his whole life and had one pupil. Another did the same but had 500 pupils. Both are just as valid.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 22:261 edit
    If God is the designer of the universe, then God stops me from defying gravity and other laws of nature.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 22:57
    Originally posted by sonship
    How did it come about that there were these creatures, human beings, who had a "need" to construct time ?
    You think that without humans there would be no time?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 06:17
    Originally posted by JS357
    If God is the designer of the universe, then God stops me from defying gravity and other laws of nature.
    You can stop yourself too, but ultimately it is God that controls everything in existence while simultaneously allowing the creatures He calls man to operate under their own volition.

It's a complete mystery how God does it. Thing is though is that God has limitless authority while man is confined to a finite sphere. God is God and man is a created being in many ways like God.

It's a great thing to know.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 02:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Time is not space. Time is measured with a clock.

[b]Time, as I understand it, is the measure of the rotation of objects in our immediate solar system. But that's just me talking off the top of my unscientific head! 😉

Objects in our immediate solar system can be used to measure time, but a pendulum is so much easier, and for greater accuracy ther ...[text shortened]... s time is inextricably connected to space. The universe IS spacetime. Spacetime IS the universe.[/b]
    Yes, but time is just as relative as space is.

Travel fast enough, long enough, and one could outlive the entire universe.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 18:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, but time is just as relative as space is.

Travel fast enough, long enough, and one could outlive the entire universe.
    Hey, that could be your sci-fi story for the prose competition.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 21:07
    Originally posted by JS357
    Only at "school" 😉
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 21:10
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]You can stop yourself too, but ultimately it is God that controls everything in existence while simultaneously allowing the creatures He calls man to operate under their own volition.

It's a complete mystery how God does it. Thing is though is that God has limitless authority while man is confined to a finite sphere. God is God and man is a created being in many ways like God.

It's a great thing to know.[/b]
    It's good to know that it's a complete mystery? What?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree