1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 02:302 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Again...

These people (prophets) and the publication in which they wrote represented your religion at the time and they were wrong. They were false prophets. Hiding behind excuses about good intentions, no malice, over eagerness and even admitting "mistakes" does not change this fact.

The bible says that those who's prophesies do not come true are false prophets. It's plain and simple.
    Aha! The casuist arises.
    Time and events will tell.
    Ciao!
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 02:471 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    Aha! The casuist arises.
    Time and events will tell.
    Ciao!
    Time and events will tell? But haven't "time and events" already told that false predictions were made by the JW organization in its official publication and that the organization and its willing amateur propagandists - like you - have been denying, deflecting and dissembling ever since?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 02:55
    Ciao!
    Yes, goodbye roigam. See you soon I hope.
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:12
    Stayed tuned.
    btw, telling a lie 1000 times does not make it true.
    It just shows you don't get it.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:13
    Stayed tuned.
    btw, telling a lie 1000 times does not make it true.
    It just shows you don't get it.
    What lie?
    What don't I get?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:16
    The effect of cultist siege mentality - and the cognitive dissonance attendant thereto - on intellectual and interpersonal behaviour in public is absolutely intriguing.
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    Time and events will tell? But haven't "time and events" [b]already told that false predictions were made by the JW organization in its official publication and that the organization and its willing amateur propagandists - like you - have been denying, deflecting and dissembling ever since?[/b]
    Does it make it untrue Just because we all have only partial knowledge.
    I doubt you would have done as good.
    Do you still blame the Catholic Church for the Inquisition?
    There may be a few who do.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:191 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The effect of cultist siege mentality - and the cognitive dissonance attendant thereto - on intellectual and interpersonal behaviour in public is absolutely intriguing.
    It's almost Galveston75 'out of the box', but with slightly less histrionics.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:23
    Does it make it untrue Just because we all have only partial knowledge.

I doubt you would have done as good.
    You doubt I would have "done as good" at what?

How "good" were the JW organization predictions?

I'd say they were false and wrong. Can we agree on that?
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    05 Dec '16 02:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Time and events will tell? But haven't "time and events" [b]already told that false predictions were made by the JW organization in its official publication and that the organization and its willing amateur propagandists - like you - have been denying, deflecting and dissembling ever since?[/b]
    Just keep watching.
    As Christians that's what Jesus said we should do.
    Are you lookng for the end of this unsuccessful system of things?

When does your church say it will happen?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '16 02:44
    Just keep watching.
    As Christians that's what Jesus said we should do.
    Are you lookng for the end of this unsuccessful system of things
    Just "keep watching" to see if the world, as we know it, ends in 1925 and 1975??

Do you ever worry that your corporate loyalty contorts your intellectual behaviour and simply turns you into a 'post-truth' propagandist? Do you ever reflect on it? Genuine question.
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    06 Dec '16 01:55
    Yes, goodbye for now. Hope to see you also.
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    06 Dec '16 02:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Just "keep watching" to see if the world, as we know it, ends in 1925 and 1975??

Do you ever worry that your corporate loyalty contorts your intellectual behaviour and simply turns you into a 'post-truth' propagandist? Do you ever reflect on it? Genuine question.
    Genuine answer. No because I understand what they are doing and how most people do not.
    They are simply following what we as Christians should be doing:
    (Matthew 24:42) Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.
    (Proverbs 4:18) But the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light That grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.
    No one will know until it happens but we keep looking for it.
    (Matthew 24:36) “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.
    (1 Thessalonians 5:2) For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night.
    Is your church looking for the end?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '16 03:06
    Genuine answer. No because I understand what they are doing and how most people do not. They are simply following what we as Christians should be doing:
    You are dodging dishonestly. Are you seriously suggesting that I just "keep watching" to see if the world, as we know it, ends in 1925 and 1975, as the JW organization predicted it would in its official publication? I should just "keep watching"?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '16 03:07
    When does your church say it will happen?
    What on earth are you talking about now? What does this completely off-the-wall question/diversion have to do with our discussion of the fake predictions your organization made?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree