1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 09:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    60+ hours of silence from the otherwise active-on-the-forum Fetchmyjunk would suggest that either [1] he can't answer his own question or [2] he doesn't know why he is not answering it. 😛
    Looks like his tact is to start other threads and hope no one notices.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 10:46
    Hey Fetchy, you gonna come back to this thread and face the music? 😵
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 16:44
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Again, too woolly.

Why not answer your own question?
    I would say you probably know less than 0.1% of everything there is to know. Would you at least concede there may well be evidence for the existence of God in the 99.9% of knowledge that you do not possess?
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 16:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So killing children is therefore not universally wrong?

You are clear about what you are saying here aren't you...?
    I already told you God is not liable to anyone but some of the laws he has given us are absolute. Or are all God's commands optional in your opinion?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 17:30
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    I would say you probably know less than 0.1% of everything there is to know. Would you at least concede there may well be evidence for the existence of God in the 99.9% of knowledge that you do not possess?
    'Obviously' I meant answer the question in regards to your own knowledge. Is that also 0.1% or does that just apply to the knowledge of others?

And if your knowledge is only 0.1% how are we meant to give any credibility to your repeated assertions that there are absolutes?!

(And for the tenth time, i'm open to any new evidence that God exists and would change my mind if faced with convincing evidence. Absolutes are your bag spanky).
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 17:34
    'Obviously' I meant answer the question in regards to your own knowledge. Is that also 0.1% or does that just apply to the knowledge of others?

And if your knowledge is only 0.1% how are we meant to give any credibility to your repeated assertions that there are absolutes?!

(And for the tenth time, i'm open to any new evidence that God exists and would change my mind if faced with convincing evidence. Absolutes are your bag spanky).
    What evidence would suffice?

It seems that the human body, and specifically the brain, should be evidence enough that 'something is going on here'.

Todays science does not understand the brain, or dreams.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 17:48
    Originally posted by chaney3
    What evidence would suffice?

It seems that the human body, and specifically the brain, should be evidence enough that 'something is going on here'.

Todays science does not understand the brain, or dreams.
    It would probably have to be something I experienced first hand.

Evolution accounts for the development of the brain. But sure, we are still learning about it.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 18:22
    It would probably have to be something I experienced first hand.

Evolution accounts for the development of the brain. But sure, we are still learning about it.
    I personally disagree with evolution and Darwin.

I may have no answers regarding Jesus and Christianity, but it's clear to me that 'man' was created.

Evolution is a weak interpretation of many unexplained forces.

I don't need God to appear before me to realize He created us.

We disagree on this, I'm sure.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 18:50
    I already told you God is not liable to anyone but some of the laws he has given us are absolute. Or are all God's commands optional in your opinion?
    God killed children, so is the killing of children universally morally acceptable?
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 03:592 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    God killed children, so is the killing of children universally morally acceptable?
    Only the creator of life has the right to take it away whenever he sees fit. We are not his equals and we should not 'play God'. Do you believe all God's commands to us are optional or are some of them absolute?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 20:11
    Only the creator of life has the right to take it away whenever he sees fit. We are not his equals and we should not 'play God'. Do you believe all God's commands to us are optional or are some of them absolute?
    So you find killing children morally acceptable in some cases?
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 20:20
    So you think that regardless of the circumstances, it is always wrong to steal?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 21:29
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    So you think that regardless of the circumstances, it is always wrong to steal?
    ' People do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his hunger when he is starving.'

Proverb 6:30
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 21:31
    Who would have thought FMJ could be so much fun!
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 21:33
    ' People do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his hunger when he is starving.'

Proverb 6:30
    So we are satisfied that this one of the ten commandments is not a moral absolute then?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree