1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 19:38
    Originally posted by sonship
    I have been to hundreds of table meetings. The physical body of one of the praying serving ones probably obscured for a moment the visibility of the cup.

What is done is that the cup and the plate of bread are passed around. Unless there was a break in the film, one of those men took the cup to pass it around. You just could not see it for a moment when he picked it up.
    Do all of Jesus's followers partake?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 19:46
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Do all of Jesus's followers partake?
    In the local churches all believers in Christ are invited to partake of the symbols - the bread and the cup.

It is "the Lord's Table".
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 20:15
    In the local churches all believers in Christ are invited to partake of the symbols - the bread and the cup.

It is [b]"the Lord's Table"
    .[/b]
    If all are to partake, shouldn't he have it arranged for all his followers to be there that night to partake? Maybe out on a hillside like he did once before? It would appear all the thousands of his other followers missed out. Your thoughts?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 20:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And all the times Jehovah said that HE is the only saviour and that he will not give his glory to another...
    Even the JWs can put two and two together to get four.

But they won't because they are so stuck in their dogma.

Jesus is the savior of man, post-Jesus and "Jehovah" is the savior of man, pre-Jesus (according to them).

Put this together with "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God",

There is no "pre-Jesus", so what does one suppose this means?

A thinking person might think they're talking about the same thing. ONE savior, not two.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 20:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Even the JWs can put two and two together to get four.

But they won't because they are so stuck in their dogma.

Jesus is the savior of man, post-Jesus and "Jehovah" is the savior of man, pre-Jesus (according to them).

Put this together with "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God",

There is no "pre-Jesus", ...[text shortened]... ns?

A thinking person might think they're talking about the same thing. ONE savior, not two.
    Your still not paying attention.....
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 20:28
    If all are to partake, shouldn't he have it arranged for all his followers to be there that night to partake? Maybe out on a hillside like he did once before? It would appear all the thousands of his other followers missed out. Your thoughts?
    There is a bit of a difference between "followers" and "apostles".

Having thousands of followers at the Last Supper would dilute the message. The same message his apostles would take into the world. That was their job. That we partake now is a testament to their work.

In any large organization (with a cast of thousands?), one does not disseminate policy from the bottom up. It's all top down, for a reason.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 20:29
    Your still not paying attention.....
    No, it is you who are not paying attention.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 20:32
    Oh my....still so hard to grasp I see.

Do you disagree that before Jesus came to earth and presented himself to be offered up his life which is what was needed to be our savior, that his father, not Jesus was the only savior mankind had up to the point of Jesus arriving on earth?
    Jehovah, not Jesus, had not only been the savior of his people many ...[text shortened]... e explains.
    But his son could become flesh to help us, so he did.
    Anything? Any help at all?
    You got all the parts, you're just not making the final connection.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 20:591 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    There is a bit of a difference between "followers" and "apostles".

Having thousands of followers at the Last Supper would dilute the message. The same message his apostles would take into the world. That was their job. That we partake now is a testament to their work.

In any large organization (with a cast of thousands?), one does not disseminate policy from the bottom up. It's all top down, for a reason.
    Could you show me by scripture those ideas you have?

And no your not paying attention. You think you know why we believe as we do and your still wrong. Every time you explain something about our beliefs your still wrong.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 01:104 edits
    At that first Lord's Table / Lord's Supper were the twelve.

After the church began from Pentecost they met from house to house and broke bread (Acts 2:46).

"And day by day, continuing steadfastly with one accord in the temple and breaking bread from house to house, they part of their food with exultation and simplicity of heart..."

I think they showed their enthusiasm by having many bread breaking and cup sharings from house to house in "the church in Jerusalem".

The principle the local church should practice is that all believers are invited in principle to the Lord's Table. All Christians are welcomed to the Lord's Table. A Christian should examine himself to see if his conscience is clear that he should partake of it in peace.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Mar '17 15:59
    Yes, a God who is mysteriously three-one is revealed and taught in the Bible.
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Mar '17 16:03
    Yes, a God who is mysteriously three-one is revealed and taught in the Bible.
    Why does this divine revelation need to be so mysterious and ambiguous?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Mar '17 16:091 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Why does this divine revelation need to be so mysterious and ambiguous?
    Think of a creatures living on a two dimensional plane being communicated with by a person in a three dimensional reality.

There is bound to be something rather mysterious about the latter to the former.

Contacting God - there is bound to be something rather incomprehensible about Him to us. But we still may have fellowship together.
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Mar '17 16:16
    Think of a creatures living on a two dimensional plane being communicated with by a person in a three dimensional reality.

There is bound to be something rather mysterious about the latter to the former.

Contacting God - there is bound to be something rather incomprehensible about Him to us. But we still may have fellowship together.
    If God turns out to be one, rather than 3, do you think He will be forgiving towards Trinitarians, bearing in mind his first commandment was 'You shall have no other Gods but me,'
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Mar '17 22:185 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    If God turns out to be one, rather than 3, do you think He will be forgiving towards Trinitarians, bearing in mind his first commandment was 'You shall have no other Gods but me,'
    If God turns out to be one,

I believe that He has revealed Himself as one.
    That part is already settled.

Three-one is a great mystery.
    I cannot fully explain three-one. And I don't think anyone else has been fully able to in church history.

But we can enjoy the Triune God.

rather than 3, do you think He will be forgiving towards Trinitarians, bearing in mind his first commandment was 'You shall have no other Gods but me,'

You seem to be speaking about Tritheism - a belief in three gods.

Modalism, Tritheism or the Pure Revelation of the Triune God by Ron Kangus

http://www.contendingforthefaith.org/responses/booklets/modalism.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree