1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 08:58
    Jerusalem: Dome of the Rock

Is this really the third most holy site for Islam and the Muslims or just an excuse to keep the Jews from rebuilding their temple on their most holy site?

YouTube

From watching this video, it does not appear that the Palestinians are treating it as if it is a holy place. What do you think of this?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 10:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds

Is this really the third most holy site for Islam and the Muslims or just an excuse to keep the Jews from rebuilding their temple on their most holy site?

[youtube]fHpW_UHVvvA[/youtube]

From watching this video, it does not appear that the Palestinians are treating it as if it is a holy place. What do you think of this?
    Firstly; at least you make some sort of premise in your OP rather than just dumping links.

The video is far from conclusive and is totally biased. The Mecca facing elevation of the dome will always have Muslims praying away from it, why didn't the video show Muslims on the opposite elevation who would have been facing the dome? Is recreational activity in the dome grounds considered offensive? Who was rioting, Muslims? Really, are you sure?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 21:182 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Firstly; at least you make some sort of premise in your OP rather than just dumping links.

The video is far from conclusive and is totally biased. The Mecca facing elevation of the dome will always have Muslims praying away from it, why didn't the video show Muslims on the opposite elevation who would have been facing the dome? Is recreational activity in the dome grounds considered offensive? Who was rioting, Muslims? Really, are you sure?
    I don't know for sure if these were roiting Muslims since I was not there. (See other videos below). However, It does seem to be a reasonable assumption considering how Palestianian Muslims usually act. There was an incident in 1990 like this.

According to Anthony Lewis:

Palestinians on the Temple Mount began throwing stones at Jews worshiping, on a religious holiday, at the Western Wall below. The only security forces present, 40 men from the paramilitary Israeli Border Police, used live ammunition on the Palestinians. They killed at least 21. There were no Israeli deaths. The Israeli Government claimed that the Palestinians brought the stones with them and staged the incident as a political provocation. The Temple Mount is a paved plain that usually has few if any stones. But at this time construction work did provide material for missiles. Zeev Schiff, the respected defense correspondent of the newspaper Haaretz, said the Palestinians began throwing stones only after mosques in the nearby village of Silwan announced through loudspeakers that Jewish extremists had come there. The extremists were from the Temple Mount Faithful, who proposed to rebuild Solomon's Temple where the Al-Aqsa mosque now stands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_Temple_Mount_riots

On September 28, 2000, Israeli opposition leader Ariel Sharon visited the Temple Mount. He toured the site, together with a Likud party delegation and a large number of Israeli riot police. The visit was seen as a provocative gesture by many Palestinians, who gathered around the site. Demonstrations quickly turned violent, with rubber bullets and tear gas being used. This event is often cited as one of the catalysts of the Second Palestinian Intifada. Evidence reveals, however, that one month earlier, Palestinian Authority Justice Minister Freih Abu Middein warned that: "Violence is near and the Palestinian people are willing to sacrifice even 5,000 casualties." A few weeks before the outbreak, the official PA publication, Al-Sabah, declared: "The time for the Intifada has arrived... the time for jihad has arrived." Palestinian leader Marwan Barghouti would later admit that the Intifada was planned and Sharon merely "provided a good excuse" for the violence.

In the 2010s, fear arose among Palestinians that Israel planned to change the status quo and permit Jewish prayers or that the al-Aqsa mosque might be damaged or destroyed by Israel. Al-Aqsa was used as a base for attacks on visitors and the police from which stones, firebombs and fireworks were thrown. The Israeli police had never entered al-Aqsa Mosque until November 5, 2014, when dialog with the leaders of the Waqf and the rioters failed. This resulted in imposing strict limitations on entry of visitors to the Temple Mount. Israeli leadership repeatedly stated that the status quo would not change. According to then Jerusalem police commissioner Yohanan Danino, the place is at the center of a "holy war" and "anyone who wants to change the status quo on the Temple Mount should not be allowed up there", citing an "extreme right-wing agenda to change the status quo on the Temple Mount"; Hamas and Islamic Jihad continue to erroneously assert that the Israeli government plans to destroy Al-Aksa Mosque, resulting in chronic terrorist attacks and rioting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Mount

(CNN)Sun July 26, 2015
    Israeli police and the general director of the mosque had differing accounts of events, but both confirmed an incident occurred. Israeli police released a video showing rocks and other objects being thrown and officers responding.

Eyewitnesses told CNN that Palestinians threw rocks while the police fired tear gas and rubber bullets.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/26/middleeast/al-aqsa-mosque-clash/

Israeli police forces storm holy site to disperse Palestinian protesters
    Published on Jul 24, 2015
    YouTube

Palestinians and Israeli police clash at al-Aqsa mosque
    Published on Jul 26, 2015
    YouTube

Palestinians, Israeli police clash at Jerusalem's al-Aqsa
    Published on Jul 26, 2015
    YouTube

Palestinians and Israeli police clash at Jerusalem's al-Aqsa for third day
    Published on Sep 15, 2015
    YouTube

Fear & Loathing in Jerusalem: Clashes at Holy Al-Aqsa mosque site enter third day
    Published on Sep 15, 2015
    YouTube

Israeli police and Palestinians clash on Jewish holiday
    Published on Sep 28, 2015
    YouTube

Israeli police and Palestinians clash after Friday prayers
    Published on Oct 2, 2015
    YouTube

Muslim Riots on Temple Mount, Israel’s Holiest Site– September 18, 2015
    Published on Sep 18, 2015
    This week on Jerusalem Dateline: Muslim riots on Temple Mount Israel's holiest, most contested site; plus what does Russia’s military move into Syria mean for the Middle East? and how Christians who fled ISIS a year ago are keeping the faith.
    YouTube

This last video is from CBN News and reports that payment is being made to Palestinian women to riot.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 21:21
    I don't know for sure if these were roiting Muslims since I was not there. (See other videos below). However, It does seem to be a reasonable assumption considering how Palestianian Muslims usually act. There was an incident in 1990 like this.

According to Anthony Lewis:

[quote]Palestinians on the Temple Mount began throwing stones at Jews worshipi ...[text shortened]... This last video is from CBN and reports that payment is being made to Palestinian women to riot.
    Do you expect me to go through that lot! Are you sonship in disguise.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 21:26
    Do you expect me to go through that lot! Are you sonship in disguise.
    You asked me a question and I am just providing evidence so you have the information to make a logical decision. It is up to you if you wish to consider it. It really is not that extensive. I could give a lot more. 😏
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 22:49
    You asked me a question and I am just providing evidence so you have the information to make a logical decision. It is up to you if you wish to consider it. It really is not that extensive. I could give a lot more. 😏
    Let's suppose the Muslims are being a bit of a dog in a manger over the site, what of it?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 23:281 edit
    Let's suppose the Muslims are being a bit of a dog in a manger over the site, what of it?
    The Muslims already have two sites that they consider holier than the Dome of the Rock that is on the most holy site of the Jews that is keeping them from rebuilding their temple to honor their God.

If the Palestinian Muslims really wanted peace they surely could have it easily by releasing control of that site to allow the Jews to rebuild their temple on their most holy site. The Jews have no other place they consider holy other than perhaps their synagogues, which are no different from our local churches for Christians and mosques for Muslims.

It appears to me to just be fueled by their hatred of the Jews, and since most Christians support the Jews, the Muslims also hate Christians.
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 00:13

Just curious. Do you ever have a thought of your own?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 00:182 edits
    Originally posted by roigam
    If I didn't, I would probably just go along with whatever the Watchtower Society print in the Awake magazine. 😏
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 01:59

I think we need to let the Templars take it back.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 09:53
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I think we need to let the Templars take it back.
    Are you a Jew hater too?
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 12:56

I have recently watched a very compelling documentary on the temple and how it is believed by some scholars that the temple was actually outside of the temple complex.and located on Mt. Zion (the old Mt. Zion) east of the valley of the Cheesemongers.

In the scripture Matthew 24:1-2 Jesus makes a prediction about the destruction of the temple.

Matthew 24 New International Version (NIV)
    The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times

24 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

If we are to believe the words of Jesus, the temple was not on what is know as the 'temple mount', but Mt. Zion. Many aspects of the temple complex are as how it was 2,000 years ago, not totally destroyed. Additionally, the size of the Roman encampment in Jerusalem at the time (70AD) and for years afterwards would never have been accommodated by today's 'Antonio Fortress', it would have to have been much larger, like the full size of the Haram esh-Sharif, the temple mount.

So... if this be true, a fairly big lie has been believed not only by Jewish people but the world as well. The piece of land that is being fought over may very well be rather worthless in light of the larger picture. I would rather not bore uninterested folks by having you watch some video right off but if you do have interest, you can start with this blog.

http://www.contenderministries.org/prophecy/templelocation.php

http://www.baseinstitute.org/pages/temple/22

http://askelm.com/temple/t001211.htm

-yoctobyte
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '15 04:12
    Originally posted by roigam
    That's rich!
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '15 15:21
    That's rich!
    Christ is soon coming.

Do not be too distracted with the things of the outward physical world. The far more vital signs are the signs WITHIN those watching and praying for Him to fulfill His will to come.

Israel, Jerusalem, hills, rocks, walls, signs in nature are all significant. But do not, I say, do not be distracted overmuch by these solely outward indications.

He is coming not only from without and from above. He is coming out from within a critical mass of overcoming believers. He is coming also from within.

He is coming also from within, from within, from WITHIN !
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Nov '15 18:00
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    I have recently watched a very compelling documentary on the temple and how it is believed by some scholars that the temple was actually outside of the temple complex.and located on Mt. Zion (the old Mt. Zion) east of the valley of the Cheesemongers.

In the scripture Matthew 24:1-2 Jesus makes a prediction about the destruction of the temple.

[b]Matt ...[text shortened]... tp://www.baseinstitute.org/pages/temple/22

http://askelm.com/temple/t001211.htm

-yoctobyte
    Are you saying that the Foundation Stone is not on the Temple Mount? Or are you saying that it was moved?

Because the Holiest of Holies, within the Inner Sanctum of the Temple, was where the Ark of the Covenant was placed and where it is said that God resided. This was on the Foundation Stone.

There is argument about where, precisely, this was. They say that, according to the Talmud, where the Rock is now is not where the Temple was, but I believe that none of these alternate sites was as far away as Mt. Zion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree