1. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    06 May '16 01:551 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Followers of Jesus are supposed to lack the ability to recognize frauds?

If you lack that ability then that is your failing as a Christian.

Maybe you should sit this one out and learn from the sidelines.
    You are amazing, that's all I can say.
    A saying that I really like and is appropriate at this juncture...

Be careful who you point your finger at because you have three pointing back!

Get it? Probably not...

Carry on.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 May '16 02:124 edits
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    You are amazing, that's all I can say.
    A saying that I really like and is appropriate at this juncture...

Be careful who you point your finger at because you have three pointing back!

Get it? Probably not...

Carry on.
    Seems like more than a few question rajk's Christianity which also seems might be the subtext of your posts.

What's the difference between that and rajk calling sonship a "fraud"? I don't recall anyone having views differing from his having leapt to his defense, Why is that?

Also, aren't you pointing your finger at him?
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    06 May '16 02:37
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Seems like more than a few question rajk's Christianity which also seems might be the subtext of your posts.

What's the difference between that and rajk calling sonship a "fraud"? I don't recall anyone having views differing from his having done so, Why is that?

Also, aren't you pointing your finger at him?
    I am not questioning his Christianity, but am addressing his apparent judgement of fellow believers that do not see it his way, and attempts to use scripture to beat them up, that's all.

Raj, any possibility you could be wrong about a thing or two?

I did not really intend to contribute to getting off topic, sorry.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 May '16 03:06
    I am not questioning his Christianity, but am addressing his apparent judgement of fellow believers that do not see it his way, and attempts to use scripture to beat them up, that's all.

Raj, any possibility [b]you
    could be wrong about a thing or two?

I did not really intend to contribute to getting off topic, sorry.[/b]
    Okay. Then aren't they and you judging him?

How was this using "scripture to beat them up"?
    After the resurrection this is the last command of Jesus Christ:

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:19-20 KJV)
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    06 May '16 03:24
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Okay. Then aren't they and you judging him?

How was this using "scripture to beat them up"?
    After the resurrection this is the last command of Jesus Christ:

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded ...[text shortened]... o, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:19-20 KJV)
    As I said... I have contributed to getting off topic, not my intent. My comment to him was more about what I see as how he treats/talks to others (history), and things he has said to me, it does not relate to this thread.

I do not like when grown men resort to name calling when disagreeing, it's childish... so I will call it out. If someone gets it... great! If not... ok.

We can always agree to disagree.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '16 05:071 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    So you've had your little innuendo.
    No innuendo intended; my comment was a forthright, honest question based on you, as usual, posting more monologue than I'm prepared to trawl through.

You should start a blog where you can post your sermons without fear of being questioned about some of your adjacent but frankly "elephant in the room" beliefs, such as and which you brought up, being tortured forever by your version of a loving God.

On that topic, you go enjoy your weekend break; I'm going to support a dying relative, who is not saved and who within the next few days find themselves being tortured in flesh-melting agony while your version of Jesus and his angels spectate.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '16 05:11
    You are a hopeless failure and a fraud.
    No he's not, he's just wrong about a couple of things, albeit very important things.

You know, for someone who preaches justification by works, you really don't show up for the game much better kitted out than the rest of us.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 May '16 10:51
    As I said... I have contributed to getting off topic, not my intent. My comment to him was more about what I see as how he treats/talks to others (history), and things he has said to me, it does not relate to this thread.

I do not like when grown men resort to name calling when disagreeing, it's childish... so I will call it out. If someone gets it... great! If not... ok.

We can always agree to disagree.
    There is a level of thinking which you are at and this level forces you to focus on how something is said rather than the content of what is said. You cannot help it and it is not your fault. Not everyone can spot when a Christian departs from the teachings of Jesus.

I quoted what Jesus said and if you were intelligent enough you would see clearly through sonships nonsense writings and see how far removed it is from Jesus and the Apostles.

I thnk it is more of a feminine trait [some others here have that same problem] to beoverly sensitive about petty namecalling and ignore more substantial issues. Christ and the Apostles did some pretty nasty name calling to those who departed from the Christ.

Now if you had something of substance to contribute you would not need to ask me this :Raj, any possibility you could be wrong about a thing or two? Nope .. you would just say what I had gotton wrong.

The fact is that I continue to quote exactly what Jesus himself said .. I quote no opinions. Hence your dilema .. if you argue then you are arguing with Christ.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    06 May '16 12:39
    There is a level of thinking which you are at and this level forces you to focus on how something is said rather than the content of what is said. You cannot help it and it is not your fault. Not everyone can spot when a Christian departs from the teachings of Jesus.

I quoted what Jesus said and if you were intelligent enough you would see clearly throu ...[text shortened]... aid .. I quote no opinions. Hence your dilema .. if you argue then you are arguing with Christ.

I can spot this… sir, you are neither a gentleman nor a scholar… and you have totally missed everything I have said in my last few posts. I am not going to explain myself to you 1) Because I believe others get it from what I have seen in at least one post, and the comments of another, I don’t believe I am alone in what I am trying to say. 2) You do not really care and I am fine with this. However, if you are truly interested I would ask you to go back and reread for yourself… as you are so apt to say to others, maybe you can glean what I am trying to say.

I thnk it is more of a feminine trait [some others here have that same problem] to beoverly sensitive about petty namecalling and ignore more substantial issues. Christ and the Apostles did some pretty nasty name calling to those who departed from the Christ.

There is no overly sensitivity to anything, I have pointed out a thing you have said (a pattern if you will)… not to just sonship and myself but others as well throughout different threads… it is my belief this action comes from the place of arrogance and the feeling of superiority over others (in my opinion). To say that Jesus and the apostles ”did some pretty nasty name calling” as a way to justify your name calling and belittling of others (this is what you did) does not give you license to also do so. Jesus was/is perfect and knows the hearts of men, you my friend do not. The bible speaks of the tongue as having the power of life and death with its words, and we need to be careful. Speak life.

The fact is that I continue to quote exactly what Jesus himself said .. I quote no opinions. Hence your dilema .. if you argue then you are arguing with Christ.

You can quote Jesus and that is great, I for one will never have a problem with that. But because you quote Jesus does not then mean that what you say in some way lines up with the intent of the scripture, do you not see how sometimes we can be wrong in our motivation? And what I am saying with this bantering back and forth is… Jesus has not given us the right to call others names and belittle them, this is not his way. And this is not some feminine trait on my part as you suppose but a desire to see peace among brothers that call Jesus their Lord. There is no dilemma, and I am not arguing with Jesus… the words of Jesus are true through and through, it is you I am arguing with. By calling others names (Christians) I believe to be an error.

As I have composed this post I am reminded of the words of Jesus…

Matthew 12:36-37New King James Version (NKJV)

36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Let us think heavily on that.

I have said it twice already, I have had a part in highjacking the OP. This is something that happens fairly regularly, and I want to respect sonship's OP as I have not addressed nothing related to it... only your comments to sonship. Period.

If you want to continue, start a thread perhaps I will participate... who knows.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 May '16 13:03

I can spot this… sir, you are neither a gentleman nor a scholar… and you ...[text shortened]... ip. Period.

If you want to continue, start a thread perhaps I will participate... who knows.
    I read up to 'neither a gentleman nor a scholar" .. not interested in reading further.

Gentleman and scholars by the yardstick of this world, are going to be in the Kingdom of Yoctobyte. NOT the Kingdom of God. Gods Kingdom will be composed of a different kind of people. You would do well to read up on what Jesus said about who gets into his Kingdom, rather than idolizing the likes of Sonship.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 May '16 14:482 edits

I can spot this… sir, you are neither a gentleman nor a scholar… and you ...[text shortened]... ip. Period.

I took the trouble to read your whole post. The more you write the more I realize that you are a lost soul still trying to find your way and no better off than Cheney, in that you dont know who or what to believe. Jesus Christ is not your mentor and his words do not sink deep into your heart to the point where you dont need other teachers like Sonship. Because of this you cannot dectect BS and falsity in the doctrine of others.

Your failure is not my problem. However I will correct you this once and not again. The passage you quoted is gross cherry picking much like many on this site. Here is the whole story:

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. (Matthew 12:30-37 KJV)

Here, the WORDS that Jesus speaks of is blasphemy and badmouthing Jesus Those who do these things will be judged and will pay ... some will be forgiven and some will not.

Christ is saying that if you speak FOR HIM and NOT AGAINST HIM you will be justified.

It has nothing to do with me calling out and identifying false teachers and fraudlent teachers and fraudsters who mislead others and prey on the ignorance of the unread .. like you.

Go and read your bible.
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    06 May '16 15:38
    I read up to 'neither a gentleman nor a scholar" .. not interested in reading further.

Gentleman and scholars by the yardstick of this world, are going to be in the Kingdom of Yoctobyte. NOT the Kingdom of God. Gods Kingdom will be composed of a different kind of people. You would do well to read up on what Jesus said about who gets into his Kingdom, rather than idolizing the likes of Sonship.
    Not idolizing any one, didn't say gentlemen or scholars are what make up the kingdom... only that you are not one.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    06 May '16 15:40
    I took the trouble to read your whole post. The more you write the more I realize that you are a lost soul still trying to find your way and no better off than Cheney, in that you dont know who or what to believe. Jesus Christ is not your mentor and his words do not sink deep into your heart to the point where you dont need other teachers like Sonship. Bec ...[text shortened]... mislead others and prey on the ignorance of the unread .. like you.

Go and read your bible.
    Let me let you off the hook, you don't need to correct anyone, let alone me.

Have a good one!
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 May '16 15:41
    Not idolizing any one, didn't say gentlemen or scholars are what make up the kingdom... only that you are not one.
    Well clearly you look up to gentlemen and scholars. Do you think Christ looked up to these people? If so please show me where you got that impression.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 May '16 15:43
    Let me let you off the hook, you don't need to correct anyone, let alone me.

Have a good one!
    I cannot allow you to wallow in ignorance. So I showed you what Jesus meant by that passage. But I know you dont accept that because then you would have no supporting reference from Christ about my words.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree