1. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 02:14
    John 20:28-29 King James Version (KJV)

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God? 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

When Thomas said my God, who is he referring to? Seems to me that if he was addressing Jesus improperly that he would have quickly been corrected.
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 02:171 edit
    Thomas was addfressing two individuals, Jesus and God.
    He gave credit to God for providing Jesus as a savoir for himself and all mankind.

He could not mean that Jesus was God because:
    (John 1:18) No man has seen God at any time;
    If Thomas meant Jesus was God, he was in effect saying the Apostle John lied!
    The Apostle John saw Jesus and did not believe he was God.
    In John 1:1 he was talking about the "divine qualities" Jesus was endowed with.

The same Greek word "theos" is used for Jesus at John 1:1 and
    for Satan at 2Co 4:4.
    Check it out in a Greek Interlinear Bible.
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 02:21
    Originally posted by roigam
    Thomas was addfressing two individuals, Jesus and God.
    He gave credit to God for providing Jesus as a savoir for himself and all mankind.
    🙄
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 02:27
    Hey, you don't have to believe the truth.
    Jehovah gave you free will.
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 02:39
    Hey, you don't have to believe the truth.
    Jehovah gave you free will.
    I don'the believe that, and what makes you think it is the truth?
  6. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 02:59
    It's what the Bible says.
    I believe the Bible.
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 03:18
    It's what the Bible says.
    I believe the Bible.
    The Bible says Thomas was addressing get two individuals? OK, I will bite, how so?
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 03:28
    Thomas said, "my Lord.....and.....my God......"
    clearly two individuals and two different positions, Lord (see James 2:1) and God, our Creator and provider of our savoir and Lord Jesus. See Isa. 43:11.
    Enough for now or I will wind up quoting the whole Bible to you.
  9. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 03:33
    clearly two individuals and two different positions, Lord (see James 2:1) and God, our Creator and provider of our savoir and Lord Jesus. See Isa. 43:11.
    Clearly a stretch, don'the think so.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 08:51
    If my sister was also my friend and I described her as 'my sister and my friend' would that make her two individuals, and more importantly would I have to buy her 2 Christmas presents?
  11. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 18:28
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    If my sister was also my friend and I described her as 'my sister and my friend' would that make her two individuals, and more importantly would I have to buy her 2 Christmas presents?
    Amazing reply, question is will it be understood?
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 22:052 edits
    Originally posted by leunammi
    Amazing reply, question is will it be understood?
    What is "amazing" is that you don't see it for the loaded question that it is.

Is the following just as "amazing"?:

If my sister was with my friend and I described them as 'my sister and my friend' would that make them one individual, and more importantly would I only have to buy them 1 Christmas present?
  13. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 22:45
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    What is "amazing" is that you don't see it for the loaded question that it is.

Is the following just as "amazing"?:

If my sister was with my friend and I described them as 'my sister and my friend' would that make them one individual, and more importantly would I only have to buy them 1 Christmas present?
    The difference is your sister and your friend are two, whereas Jesus is one and the person whom Thomas was addressing.

It is hardly an apples to apples comparison, wouldn't you agree?

To answer your question about buying presents for your sister and your friend, I would say buy them each one unless you want to be that guy.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 22:592 edits
    Originally posted by leunammi
    The difference is your sister and your friend are [b]two, whereas Jesus is one and the person whom Thomas was addressing.

It is hardly an apples to apples comparison, wouldn't you agree?

To answer your question about buying presents for your sister and your friend, I would say buy them each one unless you want to be that guy.[/b]
    Well, it did occur to me that the concept of the fallacy of a loaded question would be over your head, but I figured it might be worth a try.

YOU are "amazing".
  15. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 23:05
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Well, it did occur to me that the concept of the fallacy of a loaded question would be over your head, but I figured it might be worth a try.

You are "amazing".
    Have a Happy New Year!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree