1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 04:00
    How and when do you think this will be fulfilled?
    (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3) Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

Does this relate to the days we live in?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:23
    Originally posted by roigam
    (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3) Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instant ...[text shortened]... a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

Perhaps it was related to the Roman Empire.
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps it was related to the Roman Empire.
    Many prophecies in the Bible have a secondary or higher fulfillment.
    Is that possible with this one?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:32
    Many prophecies in the Bible have a secondary or higher fulfillment.
    Is that possible with this one?
    Why would one think so? Humans have been hankering after "peace and safety" for thousands of years. Why should anyone heed your doomsday predictions when you have admitted that you are hoping the end comes soon?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:37
    I recommend you read about the Plague, various famines and the World Wars. If anything was a sign of the end times, they were - and nothing happened. To read 'end times' into our current situation takes nothing short of desperate desire.
  6. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I recommend you read about the Plague, various famines and the World Wars. If anything was a sign of the end times, they were - and nothing happened. To read 'end times' into our current situation takes nothing short of desperate desire.
    To you and the Scourge:
    Yes, man has been hoping for peace for centuries and the ww and plagues are a sign of the last days.
    Truly God has been patient with us.
    He has allowed time for us to be born and even learn about Him.

The thing is, He will not put up with wickedness forever. He did not in Noah's day and He has set a time for our day to end too.

I do desire the end as then His Name will be sanctified and through His first-born Son now known to us as Christ Jesus, He will bring real peace to all the Earth.
    It is not up to me to say when the end is though.
    It's on Him.
    I try to be keep my eye on Jesus not on the coming storm.
    Do you see the storm coming?

(Revelation 7:1-3) After this I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding tight the four winds of the earth, so that no wind could blow on the earth or on the sea or on any tree. 2 And I saw another angel ascending from the sunrise, having a seal of the living God; and he called with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, 3 saying: “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads.”
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 06:00
    To you and the Scourge:
    Yes, man has been hoping for peace for centuries and the ww and plagues are a sign of the last days.

The thing is, He will not put up with wickedness forever. He did not in Noah's day and He has set a time for our day to end too.
    ...[text shortened]... h or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads.”
    Why might it not ~ according to the prophecy you are making/endorsing/believing in ~ be another 2,000 years before it happens?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 07:12
    (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3) Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instant ...[text shortened]... a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

I have little idea on this, but something tells me you will be informing us on what your WatchTower leadership tell you to believe about it.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 07:163 edits
    To you and the Scourge:

...[text shortened]... h or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads.”
    If beasts rise from the eternal sea and false prophets reveal themselves on all continents, if Islam are led by ISIS to rule the world through fear and terror, if governments fall and the atmosphere pollutes, if Donald Trump gets elected and even if Spurs win the league...even then you and your pernicious cult will be wrong about blood transfusions, bullying your internal dissenters and not allowing your kids to enjoy Christians and birthdays. Your religion is unappealing in the extreme.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 07:23
    No one knows the day or hour, but we can determine when the time is growing near.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 07:291 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No one knows the day or hour, but we can determine when the time is growing near.
    Are you able to define "near" in your scenario of end times.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 08:21
    What is the point of 'signs' if the vast majority of people who witness them die without seeing what they were a 'sign' of?
    Given that many of those 'signs' occurred seemingly at random between the time the prophesies were written and now, can we take it that we really have no idea when the actual event will take place?

Or he just ain't coming.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 09:19
    Surely a prophecy should tell you what, where & when ... otherwise it's not a prophecy just a guess.

If I tell you I can predict the weather and when pressed say " It will rain heavily"
    that is not very useful.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 09:53
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    If I tell you I can predict the weather and when pressed say " It will rain heavily"
    that is not very useful.
    If you read it over and over and pray hard enough I am sure you will find a connection between "It will rain heavily" and Global Warming and you will have successfully prophesied Global Warming.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 10:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If you read it over and over and pray hard enough I am sure you will find a connection between "It will rain heavily" and Global Warming and you will have successfully prophesied Global Warming.
    I have to get it copied and written down many times for real credence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree