1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 21:071 edit
    Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness (the Mahdi) is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

(2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 NASB)
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 22:512 edits
    Comparing The False Prophet And The Muslim Jesus

Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast... And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth.
    (Revelation 13:11-14)

From this passage, we can determine a few things about the False Prophet. Firstly he is called a beast - he is, like the Antichrist, a man possessed by Satan. He is another human pawn of the Dragon, exercising the will of the Dragon on the earth. But instead of ten horns, he only has two. The horns speak of authority. The power and authority of the False Prophet is clear, but it is not nearly equal to that of the Antichrist who is said to have ten horns. We also see that the False Prophet is a miracle worker. Among the many miracles he is said to work, one is mentioned specifically: He is said to cause fire to come down from the sky. The False Prophet’s primary reason for performing miraculous signs is to cause the inhabitants of the earth to follow and even to worship the Antichrist. The two are pictured as a team, a partnership with one common goal - deception, seduction and a luring away of anyone who worships Yahweh, the God of the Bible.

Likewise in the Islamic narrative of the last-days, we do not find a lone character who is coming to rescue the world, but instead we find a team. We find both the Mahdi and the Muslim Jesus. And as in the case of the Antichrist and the False Prophet, we find that one is clearly filling a supporting role while the other is the leader. While the Mahdi is clearly described as being, “the Viceregent (Caliph) of Allah,” Jesus is described as being one who will “espouse the cause of the Mahdi” and “follow him.”

The False Prophet is said to create some form of “image,” possibly some form of idol or statue that has the ability to “speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.”

The False Muslim Jesus according to Islam comes to convert the world to Islam:

"When Jesus returns he will personally correct the misrepresentations and misinterpretations about himself. He will affirm the true message that he brought in his time as a prophet, and that he never claimed to be the Son of God. Furthermore, he will reaffirm in his second coming what he prophesied in his first coming bearing witness to the seal of the Messengers, Prophet Muhammad. In his second coming many non-Muslims will accept Jesus as a servant of Allah Almighty, as a Muslim and a member of the Community of Muhammad."
    (Kabbani, p. 237)

But what if some still refuse to convert? Then the leaders of the so-called “religion of peace,” the Mahdi and the Muslim Jesus will have them executed.

He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

(Revelation 13:14-15)

And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands.

(Revelation 20:4)

The biblical False Prophet and the Muslim Jesus are both described as establishing a system of Law that will enforce the mass execution of anyone who refuses to convert to the new global religion (Islam).

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/JR/Future/ch07_comparing_the_false_prophet.htm
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 01:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If beasts rise from the eternal sea and false prophets reveal themselves on all continents, if Islam are led by ISIS to rule the world through fear and terror, if governments fall and the atmosphere pollutes, if Donald Trump gets elected and even if Spurs win the league...even then you and your pernicious cult will be wrong about blood transfusions, bull ...[text shortened]... owing your kids to enjoy Christians and birthdays. Your religion is unappealing in the extreme.
    So was Jesus in his day!
    But he spoke the truth nevertheless!
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 01:23
    I would say that in the last month things in the world have gone from bad to worse.
    As good as some people have it, millions+ have very bad circumstances.
    It's true. Man has made some improvements through the many years lived but now it's all going down.
    Why is that so?
    It's simply because we are not living the way God intended.
    He is going to make all things right through His Son Christ Jesus.
    (Isaiah 55:11) So my word that goes out of my mouth will be. It will not return to me without results, But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight, And it will have sure success in what I send it to do.
    God intended the Earth to be a Paradise and mankind to be perfect.
    He will have His way. He is the true all powerful, loving God.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 06:00
    Originally posted by roigam
    I would say that in the last month things in the world have gone from bad to worse.
    Then its time to change what news channel you are watching.

But fewer millions than last month.
    And I know a bit about it, I come from one of the poorer countries of the world, and one that was (and is) devastated by AIDS.

It's true. Man has made some improvements through the many years lived but now it's all going down.
    Evidence please.

Why is that so?
    I think it is all in your imagination, because from my point of view, living in one of the parts of the world where those millions+ actually live, things are looking better.
    Admittedly Zambia is struggling economically largely because of a depressed copper price that is dependant on demand from China and kept artificially low by those thieving Swiss. AIDS is still rampant with infection rates in my home town estimated at 30% - but there is now some amount of treatment rather than it being a death sentence.
    South Africa still has racism, but at least apartheid is no more. Just 19 years ago, my own son would not be allowed to live with me purely because of the colour of his skin. Tell me that isn't progress, I dare you.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 06:15
    Why is that so?
    It's simply because we are not living the way God intended.
    He is going to make all t ...[text shortened]... adise and mankind to be perfect.
    He will have His way. He is the true all powerful, loving God.
    You read into circumstances what you want to see. There are a few million people seeking refuge from despots. Lets call it for grins, 7 million. Seems about right.

Now lets look at the world population. 7 BILLION.

Hmmm.

So it seems 1 person in one thousand is seeking refuge.

Pretty good odds if you ask me.

I don't see millions of Russians seeking refuge.

I don't see millions of people from Madagascar seeking refuge.

Only those trying to get the hell out of Syria and the surrounds.

When ISIS is wiped out there will be no new caliphate so those people suffering right now can be helped.

There have been some horribly bad decisions made in the past and we are suffering the consequences like Bush Jr not understanding what his daddy did: Don't conquer Iraq.

Did he hear that bit? No. The real president of that time, Dick Cheney, was the one who decided to attack Saddam.

We can all see how well THAT turned out.

If he had left Saddam alone, we would not be in the mess we are in now.

So now we are paying in the growth of Isis and Boko Haram and the like.

I assume you are a nice republican.

You only have yourselves to blame for electing such an assshole as bush Jr.

This is not end days material, much as you would love to morph all these events into the end of the world which you dearly lust for, it ain't gonna happen.

You can take that as MY personal prophecy.

Put that on your calendar. Mark it well. Then see how many years go by with no antichrist, no end days, the world goes on regardless of how many get killed in whatever disaster awaits humanity.

Even if some major super major disaster happens and a billion people die, I can assure you there will be lots of end days crap then too but the rest of humanity will go on with no end of the world, just humanity living on a lower level for a long time, maybe like the world events that followed the fall of the Roman empire. No end days happened there either in spite of the fact civilization took a tailspin and people in Europe didn't know not to piss in the streets, which the Romans knew full well a thousand years earlier.

So that led to the plague, killed 1/3 of the population and events like that led to the Crusades and such and still no end days.

I am quite sure THOSE times were a LOT worse than what is happening now, a few thousand killed by terrorists and if it had happened a hundred years ago, you would not even have known about it, not like today where an event happens and all of a sudden.

BRAKING NEWS, violence in the (insert name of target country).

On TV, tablets, cell phones. Everyone on the planet gets the story within hours.

THAT is why you think it is end days.

Publicity.

a thousand years ago, nobody would have even had a newspaper and all stories like this would have had to have passed from mouth to mouth.

Now, you think it's end days when some absolute insane couple shoots up their friends in San Bernardino. Of COURSE it's tragic. And I am in no way condoning such.

I am merely pointing to the press coverage that forces people to take sides all over the world, all at once.

These are not end days. These are NEW days. Never before has world wide communications been so rapid. THAT is why you think its end days.

Those fracturing headlines makes people think, wow, all that tragedy is coming HERE so I better be afraid, better be prepared, I think I will buy an AK47......

It doesn't matter if ALL those people kill each other, the world will go on and it STILL won't be end days.

And THAT would be because the whole useless edifice of religion is 100% man made.

That is why your god is made in man's image, not the other way around.

It is preposterous to think some being from outside our time and space is going to look like a human.

Just another sure sign of the man made nature of religion. Don't make your god look like a rock, it has to look like a REALLY pissed off dude with long hair.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 07:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You read into circumstances what you want to see. There are a few million people seeking refuge from despots. Lets call it for grins, 7 million. Seems about right.

Now lets look at the world population. 7 BILLION.

Hmmm.

So it seems 1 person in one thousand is seeking refuge.

Pretty good odds if you ask me.

I don't see millions of Russians ...[text shortened]... n't make your god look like a rock, it has to look like a REALLY pissed off dude with long hair.
    Don't forget that it was you and your kind that elected Obama as President. 😏
  8. Germany
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 12:02
    Man has made some improvements through the many years lived but now it's all going down.
    What, specifically, is going down? Take just about any long-term trend of how mankind is doing - life expectancy, infant mortality, casualties of war, disease, famine - and they all point towards things getting better, not worse. Sorry to disappoint you.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 12:39
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What, specifically, is going down? Take just about any long-term trend of how mankind is doing - life expectancy, infant mortality, casualties of war, disease, famine - and they all point towards things getting better, not worse. Sorry to disappoint you.
    For people like Roigam and his fellow JWs, the good news that the world is improving in just about every sphere of life is really bad news for them, since it demonstrates that the organisation which they wrongly believe to be Gods organisation, has gotten it wrong .. AGAIN ! So they dont want to hear it.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 13:43
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    For people like Roigam and his fellow JWs, the good news that the world is improving in just about every sphere of life is really bad news for them, since it demonstrates that the organisation which they wrongly believe to be Gods organisation, has gotten it wrong .. AGAIN ! So they dont want to hear it.
    We also have to remember that JWs aren't supposed to celebrate Christmas, so he's feeling a little left out.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 15:12
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    We also have to remember that JWs aren't supposed to celebrate Christmas, so he's feeling a little left out.
    True .. although a couple days ago I had a visit from the JWs and as usual I do more of the talking when I start off with their false predictions, their wrong beliefs etc. One of the girls told me that she can celebrate and Christmas if she chooses, just that she prefers not to. When I said Yes she can but she will be sidelined or dis-fellowshipped if the elders found out, she did not reply.
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 03:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Don't forget that it was you and your kind that elected Obama as President. 😏
    Sorry, I had no part in that.
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 03:58
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I'm happy to hear everything is going better for you. That's wonderful to hear. As the saying goes, eat drink and be merry.
    I just have to wonder about what Jesus said about the great tribulation.
    (Luke 21:10, 11) Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11β€―There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.
    (Luke 21:35) ...... For it will come upon ..ALL.. those dwelling on the face of the whole earth.
    Of course that point has not been reached ...yet.
    We still have time to react to the sign.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 09:06
    We still have time to react to the sign.
    What sign should we be reacting to? KazetNagorra just asked you what signs you see and instead of giving an answer you listed some other things that you admit have not come to pass. You have claimed things are getting worse but seem unable to say exactly what is getting worse.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 16:37
    Sorry, I had no part in that.
    That's okay, I know you are not like sonhouse. But you should have voted Republican as the least of two evils. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree