Matt 15:21-28

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 01 Oct '16 10:41
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Oct '16 12:18
    We Gentiles are like the little dogs under the table. Christ comes to feed firstly the nation of Israel as God's genuine theocratic nation. But they rejected Him and practically "pushed Him off the table".

As the children's bread that fell off the table where the children sit, Christ became the crumbs of bread under the table that those of the Gentiles may eat.

Christ likens Himself not to a great king so much here but as bread, even small pieces of bread. Jesus Christ, God become a man is great. Yet He came to be small enough to get into man. He became as pieces of bread fallen to a low place where the non-theocratic nations could take Him and "eat" Him.

Praise the Lord, the crumbs, the little pieces of bread for all of us Gentile little dogs under the theocratic table of the nation of Israel. The Goyem can partake of the Son of God. By faith the little dogs can receive Jesus Christ into them.

"And she said, Yes, Lord for even the little dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from thier masters' table.

Then Jesus answered and said to her, O woman, great is your faith! Be it done to you as you wish. And her daughter was healed from that hour." (vs. 27,28)
  2. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 09:081 edit
    Keep up Sonship.

The reason why I let you to bring this up on this forum is because I want a further understanding the things the Lord spoke on Matthew 15:21-28. So, perhaps I'll have questions later.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 11:09
    Originally posted by kevinlee123
    Keep up Sonship.

The reason why I let you to bring this up on this forum is because I want a further understanding the things the Lord spoke on Matthew 15:21-28. So, perhaps I'll have questions later.
    I would think that the woman apparently saw something about God's salvation. Jesus said she had great faith.

She reminds me of the believing thief on the cross who apparently understood that Jesus was going to come into His kingdom in spite of being crucified.

Don't you think this woman had revelation from God ? She recognized that even she was not of Israel, she still was in a position to be blessed by the Lord, the Son of God who was also the promised Son of king David.

But she saw this before Paul wrote any epistles.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 11:23
    There's more. The term "little dogs" means that the domesticated dogs was meant. I have heard that in those days people kept puppies because they were lovable and cute. After the dogs grew up they were likely to be dismissed.

When this woman said that even the little dogs can eat the crumbs which fall from the master's table, she was saying that she belonged to the Master.

"Yes, I am a Gentile dog, but I am YOUR dog."
    She acknowledge with the Old Testament that all of the created humankind belongs to God. She must have realized something of Christ being the God of all the earth.

Whatever her level of insight, Jesus marveled at her faith.

"O woman, great is your faith ...." (v.28)

Then I so much like the seamless expression of divine attributes to perform the miraculous embedded deeply in human sentiments. God and man are here. Man and God are here. The mingling of Divinity with authority to rule nature and humanity with its sympathy and granting of request in sympathy, even human empathy.

Somewhere hidden in this perfect mingling of Divine authority and human sympathy the power was unleashed to deliver saving to the woman's daughter.

"Then Jesus answered and said to her, O woman, great is your faith!

Be it done to you as you wish. And her daughter was healed from that hour." (v.28)

This is amazing coordination between human virtues and divine attributes. This is the mingling of God and man.
  5. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    04 Oct '16 01:132 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    There's more. The term [b]"little dogs" means that the domesticated dogs was meant. I have heard that in those days people kept puppies because they were lovable and cute. After the dogs grew up they were likely to be dismissed.

When this woman said that even the little dogs can eat the crumbs which fall from the master's table, she was saying that ...[text shortened]... g coordination between human virtues and divine attributes. This is the mingling of God and man.[/b]
    There's more. The term "little dogs" means that the domesticated dogs was meant. I have heard that in those days people kept puppies because they were lovable and cute. After the dogs grew up they were likely to be dismissed.

When this woman said that even the little dogs can eat the crumbs which fall from the master's table, she was saying that she belonged to the Master.

Yes this is what I was going to ask you about how is it different the little dogs from dogs that is said to be wild and unclean.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Oct '16 10:363 edits
    [quote]There's more. The term [b]"little dogs" means that the domesticated dogs was meant. I have heard that in those days people kept puppies because they were lovable and cute. After the dogs grew up they were likely to be dismissed.

When this woman said that even the little dogs can eat the crumbs which fall from the master's table, she was s ...[text shortened]... about how is it different the little dogs from dogs that is said to be wild and unclean.[/b]
    Yes this is what I was going to ask you about how is it different the little dogs from dogs that is said to be wild and unclean.

It is Jesus the Savior who makes anyone clean.

Yes, on one level, the unclean animals were used to symbolize those outside of the elect nation of God. But on the other hand, recall that Christ told Peter when Christ wanted him to preach to the Gentiles in the house of Cornelius -

Peter saw a vision of all kinds of unclean animals coming down from heaven in a great sheet -

"And behold heaven opened, and a certain vessel like a great sheet descending, being let down by four corners onto the earth, In which were all the four-footed animals and reptiles of the earth and birds of heaven.

And a voice came to him" Rise up, Peter; slay and eat! But Peter said, By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything common and unclean.

And the voice came to him again a second time: The things that God has cleansed, do not make common. And this occurred three times; and immediately the vessel was taken up into heaven." (Acts 10:11)

We know from this vision that God wanted Peter, the leading apostle, to take the Gospel of Christ to the Gentiles. God's will was to reach them as well as Israel.

Now that we see God's heart in the beginning of the church age in Acts, which was afterwards in history, we can go back now to Christ's earthly ministry in Matthew.. We can get Matthew's dispensational meaning of chapter 15.

The Lord was sent first to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. But, the fierce rejection of the religious Jews afforded Him an opportunity to show His disciples that He would go to the Gentiles to allow them to participate in His grace.

I think we should consider the whole matter of dogs, whether big ones or little ones, to remind us that Christ alone can make the unclean clean. Just as God depicted to Peter - what was called common God could sanctify.

Peter's hunger was to bring men to Christ. The heavenly vision suggested that in order to fulfill his gospel preaching hunger, Peter should now go to the Gentiles. We see he did immediately afterwards when he preached to the house of Cornelius the Italian soldier (Acts 10:17-43) . That was a big dispensational shift in God's economy.

It was foreshadowed in Matthew's Gospel. The Canaanite woman, realizing she was to the Davidic kingdom, not one of the children but a little dog of the master under the table, still partook of God's grace through Jesus Christ.

My focus, Kevin, would be to emphasize that it is Christ who makes any of us, Jew or Gentile, really clean in justification before God. Without God's grace we are all "common" and even unclean as sinners before God. Christ we can take in in order to be redeemed, justified, sanctified, and saved by His grace.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '16 09:553 edits
    In the previous verses Jesus taught the people that out of the heart unclean things came which defile a man. In the talk to the Canaanite woman he taught that He was crumbs for eating.

The eating of Christ makes the heart clean.
    Before the eating of Christ, before taking Christ into our hearts, hardly anything but uncleaness proceeds out of out hearts. We are unclean within and breath out what is unclean. When we take Christ into us Christ begins to purify and clean us within. Then what can proceed out of our hearts can be clean for it is of God.

Compare the two portions:

" But the things which proceed out of the mouth come out of the heart, and those defile the man. (v.18)

For out of the heart come evil reasonings, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witnessings, blasphemies. (v.19)

These are the things which defile the man, but eating with unwashed hands does not defile the man. " (v.20)

The heart which is not filled with Christ produces these defiling sins one after the other. Or other defiling sins come out of the heart and out of the speaking mouth.

then there is the eating of Christ as the bread fallen from the table of the theocratic Israel to a low place where the Gentile "little 'dogs' may "eat" Him and be saved.

" But He answered and said, It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs. (v.26)

And she said, Yes, Lord, for even the little dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. (v.27)

Then Jesus answered and said to her, O woman, great is your faith! Be it done to you as you wish. And her daughter was healed from that hour." (v.28)

The unclean Gentile "dogs" could be made clean by taking into them Jesus Christ even when Israel had rejected Him as their Messiah. Praise the Lord.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 05:12
    The reason why I let you to bring this up on this forum is because I want a further understanding the things the Lord spoke on Matthew 15:21-28.
    Does sonship need your permission?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 12:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Does sonship need your permission?
    Would you please stop complaining so much about minutia ?

Say something for us about Matthew 15:21-28, please.
  10. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    08 Oct '16 10:31
    Does it matter to you?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '16 10:37
    Originally posted by sonship
    Would you please stop complaining so much about minutia ?

Say something for us about [b]Matthew 15:21-28
    , please.[/b]
    I'm making a spot on comment about something posted in this thread sonship and clearly, judging by your and kevinlee's super-sensitive responses, maybe there is something in it. If it was an error then why not just come out and say so? Is kevinlee123 your superior/elder in your church?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '16 10:38
    Does it matter to you?
    It matters because I'm interested. You said that you were allowing sonship to post this topic in here. That is a very odd thing to say.

I'm asking you if he needs your permission? Why won't you give a straight answer?
  13. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    08 Oct '16 12:066 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm making a spot on comment about something posted in this thread sonship and clearly, judging by your and kevinlee's super-sensitive responses, maybe there is something in it. If it was an error then why not just come out and say so? Is kevinlee123 your superior/elder in your church?
    Is kevinlee123 your superior/elder in your church?

I'm just a juvenile student.

I'm asking you if he needs your permission?

I had question on Matthew 15:21-28. So, I went on to ask him through a private message. He then asked me if he wanted me to discuss it either in an open up thread on this Forum or want me to open a thread about it or just to discuss it in private messages. There's nothing to be suspicious about it.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '16 13:28

I had question on Matthew 15:21-28. So, I went on to ask him through a private message. He then asked me if he wanted me to discuss it either in an open up thread on this Forum or want me to open a ...[text shortened]... d about it or just to discuss it in private messages. There's nothing to be suspicious about it.
    Then why not just acknowledge that you had made a strange sounding post instead of you two getting all prickly about it. 🙂
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 11:07

I had question on Matthew 15:21-28. So, I went on to ask him through a private message. He then asked me if he wanted me to discuss it either in an open up thread on this Forum or want me to open a ...[text shortened]... d about it or just to discuss it in private messages. There's nothing to be suspicious about it.
    I had question on Matthew 15:21-28. So, I went on to ask him through a private message. He then asked me if he wanted me to discuss it either in an open up thread on this Forum or want me to open a thread about it or just to discuss it in private messages. There's nothing to be suspicious about it.

That is exactly right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree