1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '16 10:54
    I read the word.
    I pray over the word.
    I also sing the word of God and encourage Christians to learn to sing verses from the Bible.

Here is my soundcloud to five albums of scripture songs.
    My favorite these days is the album on verses from the book of Romans - "Weapons of Righteousness".

It is the album at the very bottom of the list.

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '16 20:00
    Christians are encouraged to the singing and psalming and spiritual songs.

Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and psalming with your heart to God. (Eph.5:19)

My friend and brother in Christ Matt Fritz has a new album:

https://soundcloud.com/chords-of-a-man/sets/the-dance-of-two-camps
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    06 Oct '16 20:52
    Originally posted by sonship
    Christians are encouraged to the singing and psalming and spiritual songs.

[b] Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and psalming with your heart to God. (Eph.5:19)

My friend and brother in Christ Matt Fritz has a new album:

https://soundcloud.com/chords-of-a-man/sets/the-dance-of-two-camps[/b]
    Just listened to some parts.

That was awful. Truly horrendous. It was a kick in the nuts to anyone who can appreciate actual good music.

I know good music. This was not it.

This is the lowest form of music possible. It speaks to people whose mental capacities have stopped further development at the age of four.

I'd sooner listen to a continuous loop of 4'33".
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 05:51
    Here is my soundcloud to five albums of scripture songs.
    I enjoyed them, sonship. I am a song writer myself and there are several of these chord changes/phrasings that I would be happy enough with if they were mine! You pack your lyrics into the melodies in a rather different way than I would (they remind me of a musical or operetta style in places), and of course your purpose with these lyrics is very specific. But I'd say that you have done a pretty good job of delivering the selected scriptures, which remain easy to follow and which receive interesting accentuations in many places from how they fall upon melody lines or into the structure of the song. In a sense, they come across as 'readings' from which the music does not distract much.

I think your voice works with this material (although a few of the titles could perhaps have been performed in a slightly lower key - your lower notes have a kind of Americana richness). A female harmony vocal would suit your tunes very well.

I'll listen to them again later and select the 6 or so songs that seem to my ears to rise above the others. The one you have selected to kick off the selection will be one of them. I should note that I have only heard the 15 songs of "Worthy Of The Lamb" so far.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 11:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    I enjoyed them, sonship. I am a song writer myself and there are several of these chord changes/phrasings that I would be happy enough with if they were mine! You pack your lyrics into the melodies in a rather different way than I would (they remind me of a musical or operetta style in places), and of course your purpose with these lyrics is very specific. But I ...[text shortened]... e one of them. I should note that I have only heard the 15 songs of "Worthy Of The Lamb" so far.
    Well thankyou FMF. That is right kind of you.
    If you listened to 15 songs from the set that is pretty good ground to make some helpful suggestions. And I consider your input there helpful as I am still learning after doing this for many years.

Thankyou again, and if you find some other composers who are more skillful at this marrying of Scripture to music, by all means enjoy their creations. And recommendations you can pass on to me.

I have some MP3 of secular orchestral compositions. But they are not particularly related yet to spirituality which is my interest here.

Thanks again.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 11:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    i had no idea you were a musician.

I am a song writer myself and there are several of these chord changes/phrasings that I would be happy enough with if they were mine!

I recall Igor Stravinsky's observation -

" Only God can create. I make music from music. "
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 12:21
    i had no idea you were a musician...
    There is potentially a chasm in quality between what he plays and what he listens to 😵
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 12:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There is potentially a chasm in quality between what he plays and what he listens to 😵
    Yes, but that chasm gives my music a certain breathtaking quality. 😉
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 13:281 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am genuinely interested to hear some of your own music. If you wish to share it in some capacity, let me know.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 18:44
    I am genuinely interested to hear some of your own music. If you wish to share it in some capacity, let me know.
    I wanted to say I have enjoyed your music too.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 21:211 edit
    i had no idea you were a musician.

I am a song writer myself and there are several of these chord changes/phrasings that I would be happy enough with if they were mine!

I recall [b] Igor Stravinsky's
    observation -

" Only God can create. I make music from music. " [/b]
    Perhaps God can some day explain the music of Stravinsky.........to Stravinsky. 😛😛

Nice music sonman.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 22:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    Perhaps God can some day explain the music of Stravinsky.........to Stravinsky. 😛😛

Nice music sonman.
    Thankyou.

Stravinsky went through five periods. He did not like to be put in a box.
    I find his music quite understandable in most of the five periods he passed through.
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Oct '16 07:321 edit
    'You Were Redeemed' really woke me up. 🙂

Like how you sang 'fathers.'
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Oct '16 13:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    FMF, Your plan B works well in the hearing of your song there.

Want You to Know How I Feel I found to be very beautiful. I like the guitar intro which had to catch my attention. The lowest note there is neat. And the ending was a bit of a surprise and neat.

You definitely have a penchant for originality. Do you belong to a song writing forum ? I found them to be pretty friendly and mutually encouraging.

Now I expect to hear something more when I go through the song a second and third time.

Thanks very much for sharing.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '16 13:11
    FMF, Your plan B works well in the hearing of your song there.
    Try Plan C. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree