1. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 20:06
    In another thread, I said : :"Jesus is the model of righteousness and His teachings leads one to living righteously. But he now goes back to God. The Holy Spirit will now serve as the model that Christians can emulate "

Sonship says : "Where are we told to "emulate" Jesus ?"

Do Christians share this view of sonship, that we are not required to emulate [meaning to imitate or try to be like] Jesus.Christ.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 20:141 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    In another thread, I said : :"Jesus is the model of righteousness and His teachings leads one to living righteously. But he now goes back to God. The Holy Spirit will now serve as the model that Christians can emulate "

Do Christians share this view of sonship, that we are not required to emulate [meaning to imitate or try to be like] Jesus.Christ.
    Rajk999, You are distorting my post.

I ASKED where does it say in the Bible to emulate Christ.

I know He said Abide in Me and I in you.
    I know He said Learn of Me.
    I know Paul said that it was no longer he who lives but Christ who lives within him.
    I know it is God's will to transform us into the image of Christ.

Where is the passage saying to emulate or imitate Jesus ?
    You should be able to find something close if not right on.
    You cannot offer me any candidates ?

Where ?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 20:21
    Originally posted by sonship
    Rajk999, You are distorting my post.

I [b]ASKED
    where does it say in the Bible to emulate Christ.

I know He said Abide in Me and I in you.
    I know He said Learn of Me.
    I know Paul said that it was no longer he who lives but Christ who lives within him.
    I know it is God's will to transform us into the image of Christ.

Where is ...[text shortened]... ble to find something close if not right on.
    You cannot offer me any candidates ?

Where ?[/b]
    I take it you understand what emulate Christ means . It means to try to be like Him. Jesus lived a righteous life. The aspects of living that leads one to righteousness, is enshrined in His teachings and commandments

You are saying that nowhere in the BIble are we advised to try to be like Christ.? Is that it?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 20:28
    Emulate Christ ?

Well, if we have God's SEED imparted into our innermost being, AND allow that SEED to grow into us, we will not need to emulate Christ. Christ instead will mingle and blend with us in that supernatural way in which Jesus can be dispensed into man.

And the SEED Himself is the only thing within the Christian that is sinless. and the SEED will grow and enable the man or woman to LIVE Christ. That is live in union and oneness with that divine indwelling Person.

Right here:

"Everyone who has been begotten of God does not practice sin, because His SEED abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been begotten of God." ( 1 John 3:9)

Now if THIS is what you are talking about when you say "emulate" Jesus Christ, then I am on board.

But if you are talking about imitating Jesus WITHOUT the life of Jesus like a chimpanzee clothed in a man's suit, that is USELESS.

If the one born of God waters and takes care of the divine life in the seed, he cannot BUT emulate Christ because it is no longer he who lives apart Christ. Rather Christ lives in him.

And he can say with the Apostle Paul -

"For me to LIVE ... is Christ ... " (Phil. 1:21)
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 20:371 edit
    I take it you understand what emulate Christ means . It means to try to be like Him. Jesus lived a righteous life. The aspects of living that leads one to righteousness, is enshrined in His teachings and commandments

You are saying that nowhere in the BIble are we advised to try to be like Christ.? Is that it?

YOU jumped the gun and thought for sure I was saying "We don't need to be like Jesus Christ."

The question I pose is HOW do we be like Jesus Christ ? By brute imitation ?
    By asking "What Would Jesus Do?"

The life of Christ must be received.
    Christ must be the implanted SEED which is Christ available and distributable. Christ Who can be imparted into us as "a life giving Spirit" can saturate out personality so that we spontaneously live Christ.

We must learn to walk by the Spirit of Christ. And the Spirit of Christ is the Jesus Giving Spirit - the divine LIFE giving Spirit.

What? Tell me now. What did the last Adam become ? Rather WHO did the last Adam become ?

I have repeated it many many times.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

It is by this Person the life giving Spirit - the pneumatic Christ, that we can be transformed into the same image from one degree of expression to the next, to the next, to the next, level by level, from glory to glory to glory even as from the Lord Spirit.

" But whenever their heart turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.

But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory even as from the Lord Spirit." (2 Cor. 3:16-18)
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 21:02
    Originally posted by sonship
    Emulate Christ ?

Well, if we have God's SEED imparted into our innermost being, AND allow that SEED to grow into us, we will not need to emulate Christ. Christ instead will mingle and blend with us in that supernatural way in which Jesus can be dispensed into man.

And the SEED Himself is the only thing within the Christian that is sinless. and the S ...[text shortened]... he Apostle Paul -

[b] "For me to LIVE ... is Christ ... " (Phil. 1:21)
    [/b]
    Well the cherry picking has begun. Next will be the long irrelevant analysis attempting to support your false doctrine.

First your 1 John3 passage. READ THE WHOLE THING and dont twist it:

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. (1 John 3:6-10 KJV)

1. To abide in Christ is the abide in, live in His teachings
    2. If you live righteously, then you are righteous even as Christ is righteous
    3. If you continue with sin you are of the Devil and NOT OF GOD

If your interpretation was correct and slam-dunk as you make it out to be, then the Apostles would have no need to warn and admonish Christian saints, who have been baptised into Christ and have put on Christ and who have the Spirit of God and Holy Spirit and every imaginable thing that can help them to live rightesouly, to avoid sin, to live righteously otherwise the consequences is eternal death.

Having the Spirit of God is no guarantee of righteous living and eternal life as you seem to believe.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 21:40

What does emulate mean in your opinion?
    As I see this word when I look it up it goes that we are trying to be like the one we are
    to emulate. So how does one emulate a Spirit?

Beside scripture teaches something a wee bit better than emulate when it comes to
    the Spirit of God. We receive the Spirit in us, isn't that better than trying to be like a spirit?
    So following the Spirit's lead in our lives instead of walking in flesh, we follow the Spirit of
    God we will not be condemned. This following the Spirit is so important that if you do not
    have the Spirit of God you do not belong to God according to scripture.

I'd also put to you that Christ isn't gone away from us as a matter of fact if He isn't in you
    then you can be labeled a reprobate. So do you examine yourself, is Christ in you, that
    seems important. You can follow the example of Christ in scripture you don't even have
    to have Christ in your life for that, but do you have Christ in you?

Acts 2:38
    Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Romans 8:1
    There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:9
    But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

2 Corinthians 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Galatians 2:20
    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 21:42
    Well the cherry picking has begun. Next will be the long irrelevant analysis attempting to support your false doctrine.

[i]Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousnes ...[text shortened]... g the Spirit of God is no guarantee of righteous living and eternal life as you seem to believe.
    For you being a Christian is like doing a job? You act out as you are supposed to and in the
    end you get paid?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 21:461 edit

[i]Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousnes ...[text shortened]... g the Spirit of God is no guarantee of righteous living and eternal life as you seem to believe.
    Well, all I can say is is if you can say that you don't sin, then I'll believe what you say. Otherwise your assertion that only those that no longer commit sin are saved is without merit.

In other words, if you can make the assertion that only the saved no longer commit sin, and cannot declare that you never sin, then your interpretation of the passages you quote is void and nothing less than an outright lie.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 22:272 edits
    'In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a
    model* for you to follow his steps closely'.
    1 Peter 2:21 - New World Translation

This verse is very interesting. The term model* comes from a Greek word hypogrammon
    and refers to a wax tablet that a teacher would use to teach his student. The teacher
    would write on the tablet and the student would copy it underneath.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 22:321 edit

Jaywills Calvinism can be traced back to Plato where he describes matter as being evil and
    that is why the focus is on non matter or spirit to the detriment of all else. It has in my
    opinion produced a very ethereal type of faith that is of little practical value.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 22:45
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What does emulate mean in your opinion?
    As I see this word when I look it up it goes that we are trying to be like the one we are
    to emulate. So how does one emulate a Spirit?

Beside scripture teaches something a wee bit better than emulate when it comes to
    the Spirit of God. We receive the Spirit in us, isn't that better than trying to be like a spir ...[text shortened]... live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
    The topic is a general one and not designed to ask individuals about whether or not they actually follow Christ. I have no interest in that aspect of the topic. I have never said or implied that sonship does or does not follow Christ. I dont know anything about the man's personal life.

The topic is about whether the Bible preaches that one should follow Christ.

Your continued attempt make every discussion a personal one about individuals and what they do shows how shallow you are.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 22:46
    Originally posted by josephw
    Well, all I can say is is if you can say that you don't sin, then I'll believe what you say. Otherwise your assertion that only those that no longer commit sin are saved is without merit.

In other words, if you can make the assertion that only the saved no longer commit sin, and cannot declare that you never sin, then your interpretation of the passages you quote is void and nothing less than an outright lie.
    Thanks for your input.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 23:10
    Thanks for your input.
    Liar.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 23:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    [b]'In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a
    model* for you to follow his steps closely'.
    1 Peter 2:21 - New World Translation

This verse is very interesting. The term model* comes from a Greek word hypogrammon
    and refers to a wax tablet that a teacher would use to teach his student. The teacher
    would write on the tablet and the student would copy it underneath.[/b]
    That s good verse. Here is another, which shows that this idea some Christians have that they are automatically righteous and will automatically do good works and the Spirit of God is in them and they cannot sin etc is completely unbiblical:

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected:
    hereby know we that we are in him.
    He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
    (1 John 2:3-6 KJV)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree