1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 22:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I don't need to force anything, your religion will kill itself eventually. Your god is worthless as a god, it cares nothing of humans, but then again, it was all made up by humans in the first place so naturally this cartoon god of yours will be quite fallible.
    None of that determines that the earth is billions of years old.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 00:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    None of that determines that the earth is billions of years old.
    It also doesn't force the world to be 6000 years old either. Your god sucks so bigtime it is pathetic, a useless god doing absolutely nothing for mankind but make men think they are at least 2 notches above women (a man worth 50 shekels, a woman 30) and so forth.

pathetic. the writers who dreamed up this so-called god should be horse whipped for making up such an assinine religion. But it is no worse than the others on the other hand, since they ALL suck.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 01:22
    It also doesn't force the world to be 6000 years old either. Your god sucks so bigtime it is pathetic, a useless god doing absolutely nothing for mankind but make men think they are at least 2 notches above women (a man worth 50 shekels, a woman 30) and so forth.

pathetic. the writers who dreamed up this so-called god should be horse whipped for making ...[text shortened]... an assinine religion. But it is no worse than the others on the other hand, since they ALL suck.
    Calm down. It is not all that bad. I read the back of the book. It all works out alright in the end. 😏
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 11:53
    Calm down. It is not all that bad. I read the back of the book. It all works out alright in the end. 😏
    Keep dreaming old man. You need your dreams otherwise you would go insane.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 19:49
    Keep dreaming old man. You need your dreams otherwise you would go insane.
    I thank you for allowing me to have hope for an afterlife in paradise.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 20:22
    I thank you for allowing me to have hope for an afterlife in paradise.
    That's what you get, hope.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 21:20
    That's what you get, hope.
    Yeah, hope and faith. 😏
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 10:36
    The thing is, it was not an 'it' as if it were a single event. You do realize the moon is FULL of craters, literally millions of heavy hits. There would have been no mistaking the view had it happened when people were around. I don't think you comprehend the tremendous amount of energy that is expended when an asteroid hits a planet. Earth has had its share ...[text shortened]... n, which also has an atmosphere and we don't see craters there, at least where the probe landed.
    Looked at it the link don't think I saw what you wanted me to me see. Nothing that supported
    your point, very possible I missed it as I looked at the various links there.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 12:011 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Looked at it the link don't think I saw what you wanted me to me see. Nothing that supported
    your point, very possible I missed it as I looked at the various links there.
    I am talking about all the massive amounts of energy expended in literally millions of asteroid/comets/meteoroids hitting every body in the solar system and Earth didn't escape any of that. Earth got hit literally millions of times also. And they could not possibly have been hit like that in just the last 6000 years.

For instance, the hit in the Yucatan was buried under something like a mile of erosion build up and was only found by measuring the changes to the magnetic field of Earth, found not by astronomers interested in asteroid hits but by oil crews searching for oil fields and on of the techniques is to use magnetometers to measure changes in Earth's magnetic field which has been known to reveal oil fields.

I don't think they actually found oil but they did see this circular pattern of magnetic disturbances that showed what later was proven to be a huge asteroid hit dated to around 65 million years ago.

The thing is, all that erosion could not possibly have taken place in a mere 6000 years.

You can see that by the change in places like the Grand Canyon, where we have actual photographic evidence of practically zero change in the rock structures there after 150 years of photography, the point being, we have solid evidence of what has happened to the Grand Canyon for a period of time equal to almost 3% of the entire 6000 year alleged history of the creationist myth with almost zero change.

If things had happened on a 6000 year long scale, there would have to have been much larger changes in the physical structure of the GC in the last couple hundred years.

The changes due to erosion documented by photography shows the percentage of change per year is extremely small and the canyon 6000 years ago would have looked pretty much exactly the same as now and 10,000 years ago and 20,000 years ago likewise. 20 MILLION years ago, a different story.

There is just too much going on here on Earth that takes a LOT of time to have happened in anything like a few thousand years or a few HUNDRED thousand years even.

If you look at all the craters on Luna, and no reports of any humans noticing such strikes except for one scared shyteless monk you have to come to the conclusion all those strikes happened long before humans came about on Earth. The conditions we think that led to the moon getting formed, a Mars size planet whacking into Earth and the result was a huge pile of debris in orbit around Earth that got together to be the moon through gravitational attraction, that happened around the time Earth itself was young.

There is evidence for instance, that the core of Earth is a lot larger than it should have been given the original size of Earth and the mass of it.

The thinking goes there was a lot of mass released in the big hit to create the moon but there was a lot also that was molten rock sinking right through the mantle because of the massive amount of heat and eventually sunk right down to the center of Earth because the rocks around it were literally melted like a hot rock descending through an ice field and joined up with the existing core to make a significantly larger core than what was there originally.

All these lines of evidence is enough to convince those not already mind dead via religion to see Earth as a planet of natural wonder billions of years in the making.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 15:51
    I am talking about all the massive amounts of energy expended in literally millions of asteroid/comets/meteoroids hitting every body in the solar system and Earth didn't escape any of that. Earth got hit literally millions of times also. And they could not possibly have been hit like that in just the last 6000 years.

For instance, the hit in the Yucatan ...[text shortened]... nd dead via religion to see Earth as a planet of natural wonder billions of years in the making.
    Again, not sure why several couldn't hit at the same time it isn't like rain doesn't come
    down it little bit at a time each time. There could have just as easily been a shower rather
    than a single strike here or there over time. Why couldn't there been several hits in 6
    thousand years, it could have happen in a single year for all we know, not knowing is the
    key phase here.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 15:562 edits

For instance, the hit in the Yucatan ...[text shortened]... nd dead via religion to see Earth as a planet of natural wonder billions of years in the making.
    Changes like the Grand Canyon, I often wonder if what people believe about that place is
    true than why isn't there several of those things everywhere where large rivers flow? The
    hoops people jump through to make it sound reasonable doesn't always sound
    reasonable to me. Why isn't the Mississippi in a huge Canyon through the Midwest, or
    any of the other large rivers on the planet? The method would hold true if it were every
    where that water flowed wouldn't you think?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 17:40
    Again, not sure why several couldn't hit at the same time it isn't like rain doesn't come
    down it little bit at a time each time. There could have just as easily been a shower rather
    than a single strike here or there over time.
    If it rains too hard, you get massive floods. If you have too many meteor strikes at once it wipes out all life on the planet. As for the moon, it would melt the surface and we wouldn't see all those craters.

There are really only three possibilities:
    1. Science is wrong in a really big way about meteors and the energy released by them.
    2. God planted those craters there fore some reason, but they were not a result of meteor impacts.
    3. The age of the moon is a lot more than 6,000 years.

Acting all ignorant of the science and pretending you don't understand enough to see the problem is just dishonesty on your part and nothing more than a deliberate attempt to not address options 2 or 3 as being far more plausible.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 17:43
    Changes like the Grand Canyon, I often wonder if what people believe about that place is
    true than why isn't there several of those things everywhere where large rivers flow? The
    hoops people jump through to make it sound reasonable doesn't always sound
    reasonable to me. Why isn't the Mississippi in a huge Canyon through the Midwest, or
    any of the othe ...[text shortened]... planet? The method would hold true if it were every
    where that water flowed wouldn't you think?
    why don't you peruse the geology of the two places, like for instance, the grand canyon is a mile deep layer of sediment, soft rocky stuff that can be taken out by flowing water where the Mississippi is sitting on bedrock AND flows a lot slower even if it is a lot more water. Apples and oranges.

I don't think you quite understand the utter destruction rained on Earth when the Yucatan asteroid hit. A little rain? Are you kidding? Did you not here the part where I said earlier there was a mound of debris near BURMUDA 700 feet deep. From the strike in the Yucatan. One asteroid gave the coup de grace to the dinosaurs, not by itself but in conjunction with life altering volcanism and such but that was only one hit and humanity is very lucky it happened way before humans arrived. The most recent large event was the Tunguska explosion, some kind of comet came in at a zillion miles per hour and didn't make it much to the ground but exploded with a force of something like a 20 megaton H bomb and it knocked down trees for miles around and the forest is still recovering from that hit and the comet or whatever it was didn't even make it to ground.

Earth has covered the scars of many many impacts and if they had happened in a few years after your alleged god created Earth, and people were around, they would have all been killed, there would have been no human race if all the strikes had happened in the first thousand years of that 6k calendar.

You really have no appreciation for the actual heat and explosive force of such an even. ONE event. Like I said, the Yucatan strike threw debris 700 feet deep all the way out to Burmuda. Think about that. Yucatan. Mexico. Bermuda, what, 700 miles out into Atlantic? The impact crater was a hundred miles or more across. Think about what would have happened if even ONE of those suckers had hit even in the Yucatan, how that would have effected the Middle east where all the whoopdedoo of the bible took place.

Then think about a hundred or more of them hitting anywhere on Earth say in the first thousand years of Earth's existence.

Think also of the mountains of the Himalayan area. Do you think they were all made in place like that? We know for an absolute fact the continents are writhing around at about an inch per year or thereabouts. So going back in time there was a time when there were ZERO mountains in the Alps because going back far enough in time, the continents were way spread out and not at that point in time crunching into another and it is that continent slab scrunch that makes the mountains in the first place. We see it happening as we speak so it is a sure bet they were not here at some point in the deep past.

We also see the recording of the magnetic activity of Earth in the line between south American and Africa where the spreading is obvious, when the magma comes boiling out of the Earth, red hot and liquid, when it cools, it takes on the shape of the magnetic field of the Earth at the time it cools. We know the magnetic field of Earth also writhes around slowly and every few hundred thousand years actually flips poles so the North pole is now the south pole till the next flip.

The spreading magma there between Africa and SA faithfully records all that like a geological tape recorder and we can read out when Earth's magnetic field got reversed and what angle it was pointing when the magma cooled.

All that took place over millions of years not thousands and there is no way for that to have EVER happened in a few thousand years because, again, if it had happened say, 5000 years ago, humans would not be here because of the violence that would have been represented by the continents scrunching together at a speed that would by definition had to have been LITERALLY thousands of times faster so instead of the one inch per year we see now, it would have to have been a hundred miles a year or some such and believe me, with that much energy expended, the mountains would have puddled up into a molten mass of gooey rock, not having the strength to have ever reached 5 or more miles up in the air.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 20:36
    why don't you peruse the geology of the two places, ....
    Sonhouse you need to rewrite that post without using the imperative "think".
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 21:28
    why don't you peruse the geology of the two places, like for instance, the grand canyon is a mile deep layer of sediment, soft rocky stuff that can be taken out by flowing water where the Mississippi is sitting on bedrock AND flows a lot slower even if it is a lot more water. Apples and oranges.

I don't think you quite understand the utter destruction ra ...[text shortened]... mass of gooey rock, not having the strength to have ever reached 5 or more miles up in the air.
    "why don't you peruse the geology of the two places, "

How much time and as I said there are lots of rivers...why don't we see canyons like that
    everywhere. You are assuming that the rivers always flowed where they are now and
    under the conditions they currently have as well. For a long periods of time that seems to
    be quite the assumption as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree