1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 23:29
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    He became a man and He lived as a man, what He went through is written in scripture. If you compare the movie to scriptures you will get your answers. He didn't live as a demigod, but a man.
    And do you buy the movie version of this?

Because you seem to get my point otherwise
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 23:31
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Sounds like the whole world and everyone in it was the word of god made into "flesh". After all did He not make the whole world?
    I do not follow you! God made not only the whole world, but the full complete universe and
    everything in it. He holds it together by the power of His Word. Jesus being Word of God,
    God in the flesh became a man. Now we could grasp God in terms we could understand,
    He brought Himself down to our level to save us, by taking upon Himself the punishment
    for our sins once and for all.

Again, you think what Jesus went through for you a little thing and something to be made
    fun of?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 23:381 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    [b]"Jesus is JC. God is god."

Yes, I understand how those who do not believe in God also deny the deity of Jesus.

I have no control over others' errors.

"please explain how jesus is considered god?"

I'm not going over this again. This topic has been done to death in this forum.

Short answer is: "In the beginning was the Word, and ...[text shortened]... we're human, we have a propensity to get details wrong. But it's close enough to get the idea.[/b]
    1.You did not reconcile why Jesus and God are one with that statement ( "In the beginning was the Wo...as God." ). Whats that got to do with Jesus?

2.Gibson makes a good explanation and I thank you for sharing it here.

3."We have a propensity to get the details wrong" . Indeed. Maybe he was lucky or just "playing limp" so he could make it to that cross.

The Passion of the Christ, or Christs last days are indeed open to some interpretation. Why was he not punished immediately for turning up the money changers tables and other such illegal acts?
    The reports vary...
    Why was John the Baptist kept alive in jail for so long? Again reports vary.
    I think you are saying that Mel got it right more or less. which is what I would expect a Christian to think. But when you get to the details, there seems to be some glaring omissions or semi-truths
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 23:40
    And do you buy the movie version of this?

Because you seem to get my point otherwise
    I think the what Jesus went through in the movie was more than likely close to what He
    did go through in scripture. The thing I dislike about almost all of the movies about Jesus
    are they forget this verse. God didn't make him a hansom man, but many movies made
    they get very good looking men. Jesus was a plain man, and before his ministry people
    just thought of Him as one of them, they knew his family and so on. That said, here was
    a guy that was sinless and living with people who didn't come off odd, or above the
    masses. He was just a guy who did not walk around with a halo above his head, yet this
    was God in the flesh, living life as the Son of Man.

Isaiah 53
    2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 11:30
    Jesus the Word of God made flesh! Jesus the Son of God!

I get that. I assume you believe the movie to be more or less true??
    You get that, and yet you still don't understand the significance of John 1:1 in my answer to you?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 12:16
    You get that, and yet you still don't understand the significance of John 1:1 in my answer to you?
    Not sure what you are referring to, I suppose I could have screwed something up.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 21:34
    Not sure what you are referring to, I suppose I could have screwed something up.
    I think she was talking to me.

Hey Suzi Q you could've just told me your point. you want me to trawl through the whole thread?

Anyway I'm sensing it really doesn't matter. I had a genuine concern about this depiction of the last days of Christ, you guys throw some names and numbers at me... same ol', same ol'
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 23:08
    I think she was talking to me.

Hey Suzi Q you could've just told me your point. you want me to trawl through the whole thread?

Anyway I'm sensing it really doesn't matter. I had a genuine concern about this depiction of the last days of Christ, you guys throw some names and numbers at me... same ol', same ol'
    I think Jesus went through some brutal abuse before he died.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 23:24
    I think the what Jesus went through in the movie was more than likely close to what He
    did go through in scripture. The thing I dislike about almost all of the movies about Jesus
    are they forget this verse. God didn't make him a hansom man, but many movies made
    they get very good looking men. Jesus was a plain man, and before his ministry people
    just th ...[text shortened]... no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
    Isaiah 53 is referring to the nation of Israel - not Jesus.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 23:31
    I think Jesus went through some brutal abuse before he died.
    now that's a sound point.
    He must've had a tough resilliant mind. What a guy!!
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 23:31
    I was talking to karoly.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 23:37
    I was talking to karoly.
    That's KJ. As I recall he stopped responding to my posts after he did something similar with me. He didn't take kindly to my efforts to explain his mistake. He certainly is a prideful one.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 23:42
    I was talking to karoly.
    No worries

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree