1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 03:03
    A Christian poster likened a non-Christian to "a piece of meat that walks and talks" on a recent thread because the non-Christian was not interested in the role the Christian claimed Jesus could have in curing an illness. (Thread 172313 page 3)

Is this notion that non-Christians are just pieces of meat that walk and talk widespread among the Christians in this community? And to be fair to the Christian poster in question, is there in fact biblical justification for saying such a thing to a non-Christian?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 07:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    A Christian poster likened a non-Christian to "a piece of meat that walks and talks" on a recent thread because the non-Christian was not interested in the role the Christian claimed Jesus could have in curing an illness. (Thread 172313 page 3)

Is this notion that non-Christians are just pieces of meat that walk and talk widespread among ...[text shortened]... in question, is there in fact biblical justification for saying such a thing to a non-Christian?
    For a guy that claims to have been a Christian for 28 years you don't seem to know much about the Biblical narrative.

Without the life of Christ one is as good as dead.

"Let the dead bury the dead".
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 07:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    For a guy that claims to have been a Christian for 28 years you don't seem to know much about the Biblical narrative.

Talking about my lost Christian faith is a red herring. The question is about your current faith and not about what my faith was in the past. So then, what about the questions in the OP?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 07:39
    In all those years, I never believed that non-Christians were just "pieces of meat that walk and talk". In your view, should I have thought that?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 00:02
    Do you believe Jews and Muslims are are "just pieces of meat that walk and talk" as well?
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 00:43
    I get this subject. Non-christians are not human, it is okay to bake them. And this thread offers no objections from the holy.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 02:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    In all those years, I never believed that non-Christians were just "pieces of meat that walk and talk". In your view, should I have thought that?
    Christians like Josephw are lost souls .. lost in the ignorance of church dogma which teaches doctrines contrary to Christ.

To have Christ means to follow his commandments. Christians who do not follow Christ are the ones who are pieces of meat .. and most dont even believe in following Christ. They just believe in proclaimng their belief with their mouth.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 03:03

That is the sort of claptrap that religious nuts use to justify killing.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 04:042 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    That is the sort of claptrap that religious nuts use to justify killing.
    Yep.

And the Christian ministers aren't called upon to apologize for lone wolf Christian radicals who commit multiple murders. The media is not as quick to use the word "Terrorist".
    Now as far as I know the largest amount of people killed by a lone wolf terrorist was that guy up in Norway or Denmark or wherever , when he went to an island an shot a few dozen primarily young people.
    one I know for sure is Martin Bryant, the highest killer of persons by a lone wolf in the countries (Australia's ) histories . Now he may not have been out and out Christians like the other guy I mentioned or the likes of the KKK, however I bet my house that if he had come from an Islamic country and loosely identified as 'muslim' , The media would've been all over it and I dare say the politicians would have been severely challenged to make changes to travel laws similar to that of Trumps (or other such stupid changes)
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 09:41
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Christians like Josephw are lost souls .. lost in the ignorance of church dogma which teaches doctrines contrary to Christ.

To have Christ means to follow his commandments. Christians who do not follow Christ are the ones who are pieces of meat .. and most dont even believe in following Christ. They just believe in proclaimng their belief with their mouth.
    Does it make you feel at home this connectedness with unbelievers making unfounded accusations against Christians?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 09:46
    Does it make you feel at home this connectedness with unbelievers making unfounded accusations against Christians?
    You (and many of the other Christians here) need to recognise that these boards are a debate platform, not a Christian club or a church coffee morning. Issues are discussed and I think it is healthy that iron sharpen iron and that there is disagreement across and within the traditional belief boundaries. It makes you/me/them think.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 10:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You (and many of the other Christians here) need to recognise that these boards are a debate platform, not a Christian club or a church coffee morning. Issues are discussed and I think it is healthy that iron sharpen iron and that there is disagreement across and within the traditional belief boundaries. It makes you/me/them think.
    ".., not a Christian club or a church coffee morning."

Really? So why don't you tell it to Rajk? Oh, that's right, you're in the same club.

Don't presume to lecture me about this forum.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 11:17
    Don't presume to lecture me about this forum.
    In all my years as a Christian, I never believed that non-Christians were just "pieces of meat that walk and talk".

Do you think I should I have thought that about them?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 11:35
    So why don't you tell it to Rajk? Oh, that's right, you're in the same club.
    Rajk999 and I fundamentally disagree on many important things; if there were a "club" we would not both be in it.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 15:18
    Who are you referring to as unbelievers?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree