1. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 03:18
    Prove to me that my everlasting life depends on believing and accepting the trinity. The churches say it is a must, my baptist cousins say it is a must, some here say it is a must...so, lets hear it if you care about me as a human who will burn forever in hell if you don't prove it to me.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 03:21
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Prove to me that my everlasting life depends on believing and accepting the trinity. The churches say it is a must, my baptist cousins say it is a must, some here say it is a must...so, lets hear it if you care about me as a human who will burn forever in hell if you don't prove it to me.
    Why should they? You have never "proved" any of the outlandish claims you have made and more often than not you shun or insult people or slink off for long periods when pressed to do so.
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 04:06
    John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 07:34
    Do I have to join the Jehovah's Witness church as a prerequisite to accessing eternal life?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 13:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do I have to join the Jehovah's Witness church as a prerequisite to accessing eternal life?
    No. Just like you're not going to "burn in hell" for not believing the Trinity concept.

But you asked him, let's hear his answer.
  6. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 16:011 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In my heart and from my understanding of the bible, yes, but I'm not the one to judge am I?
    Jehovah said in your bible as it does in mine that he would have a "people for his name" just as he has had in the past.

Acts 15:14..."Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name."

Most here never use that name much less associate there beliefs with that name. Am I wrong?

Now, answer my question that I have asked for this thread....
  7. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 16:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why should they? You have never "proved" any of the outlandish claims you have made and more often than not you shun or insult people or slink off for long periods when pressed to do so.
    Answer my question.......if you can.
  8. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 16:041 edit
    Originally posted by leunammi
    John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life
    I obviously believe in Jesus. How does this answer my question about the trinity? Thanks for your post....
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 16:14
    In my heart and from my understanding of the bible, yes, but I'm not the one to judge am I?
    Jehovah said in your bible as it does in mine that he would have a "people for his name" just as he has had in the past.

Acts 15:14..."Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a peop ...[text shortened]... fs with that name. Am I wrong?

I thought the name of God was supposedly revealed to Moses as 4 Hebrew consonants we know as YHWH.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 16:361 edit
    I obviously believe in Jesus. How does this answer my question about the trinity? Thanks for your post....
    From the standpoint of personal experience, I am refuting your assertion that unless you believe in the trinity, you will burn in hell forever. I have never heard that taught in my world. Period.

Do I care about your salvation? Yes, and I would offer once again John 3:16. Why complicate things?

Do I think you will burn in hell forever if you don't believe in the trinity? No, of course not.

But believe in Jesus and the work he did on the cross? It is a requirement for eternal life I believe.
  11. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 16:37
    Originally posted by JS357
    I thought the name of God was supposedly revealed to Moses as 4 Hebrew consonants we know as YHWH.
    Yes you are correct. The English language has added the vowels.
  12. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 16:52
    From the standpoint of personal experience, I am refuting your assertion that unless you believe in the trinity, you will burn in hell forever. I have never heard that taught in my world. Period.

Do I care about your salvation? Yes, and I would offer once again John 3:16. Why complicated things?

Do I think you will burn in hell forever if you don't believe in the trinity? No, of course not.
    Hum.. you should do a little research on that.
  13. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 17:05
    Hum.. you should do a little research on that.
    I should do a little research on what?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 17:132 edits

Acts 15:14..."Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a peop ...[text shortened]... fs with that name. Am I wrong?

Well thank you for actually having the courage to actually admit it for the first time - and of course you are being honest, why would you lie about it. The reason I asked, as you know, is that I also honestly, believe your church to be a cult. OK not the suicide type of cult, but a cult in that one has to "join", to subscribe to, in order to gain access to the spiritual realm. This is honestly revolting to me. Honestly! Earthly temporal corporate religious organisations are a relic of the dark ages, a blight on true Christian spirituality and a snare to those who commit to them. The true brotherhood of Christ transcends the temporal.

The only thing we need access to is the atonement and it's open to anyone and everyone no matter where they worship.

Please read this bit slowly Galvo...
    Acts 4:12
    Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

What is that name? And who is your saviour? JESUS.

Deaf ears I know. Peace to you anyway.
  15. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 17:57
    I should do a little research on what?
    Your comments:

"From the standpoint of personal experience, I am refuting your assertion that unless you believe in the trinity, you will burn in hell forever. I have never heard that taught in my world. Period.
    Do I think you will burn in hell forever if you don't believe in the trinity? No, of course not."

If one does not accept the trinity, is one truly accepting what you believe to be in the bible? Many articles and explanations from most church leaders say one must believe it " even if you don't understand it" to be given salvation.
    If one does not believe in the bible "completely" will God grant them salvation? If not what would be the outlook on that persons future?
    Remember the Trinity is a "biggy" when it comes to church doctrine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree