1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Feb '17 14:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    Was this according to the so called old covenant or did it apply, in your view, to the new covenant as well?
    This has nothing to do with what part of the bible your speaking of. It is just a physical fact that no human can see God with their physical eyes and live thru it.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 06:20
    Originally posted by galveston75
    This has nothing to do with what part of the bible your speaking of. It is just a physical fact that no human can see God with their physical eyes and live thru it.
    How come you have 2 saviours Galveston75?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 07:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm not a trinitarian.

I don't think you're in trouble. I think sonship thinks he has you on the ropes and robbie stepped in. I just noted it, that's all.

My issue with you is the deity of Christ. but I don't have to be a trinitarian to believe that, despite what Suzianne thinks.
    And, apparently, despite what you think I think, despite being told differently.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 07:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And, apparently, despite what you think I think, despite being told differently.
    You have told me many times that what I believe is the same as the trinity. Right?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 07:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How come you have 2 saviours Galveston75?
    Lol, really dude? I think that's been explained extremely well. Goodnight.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 08:04
    This has nothing to do with what part of the bible your speaking of.
    Why do you say this? Didn't the new covenant replace the old covenant?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 08:59
    Lol, really dude? I think that's been explained extremely well. Goodnight.
    Lol, [sic] yes dude. No it hasn't.

Sleep tight.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 12:333 edits
    Has Anyone Ever Seen God?

The Bible’s answer:

No human has literally seen God. (Exodus 33:20; John 1:18; 1 John 4:12) The Bible says that “God is a Spirit,” a form of life that is invisible to the human eye.—John 4:24; 1 Timothy 1:17.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]

Once again, these verses you are using to argue against the incarnation of God as the man Jesus Christ. That is all that is intended because that is the central objection of Arianism (and Russell's teaching).

Yes, John says "God is Spirit". But Christ is the Spirit also. So whatever you argue there based on something said about God, i could point to the very same thing said about Christ.

Christ is the Spirit too -

" And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom." (2 Cor. 3:17)

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

"[T]he Lord" there is Second Corinthians chapter 3 is the Lord Jesus Christ.

"For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord ..." ( 4:5)
    "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." (1:2)

You have accomplished nothing except demonstrate that what you argue for Jehovah applies also the "the Lord Jesus Christ".

In spite of Exodus 33:20 God's redemption in Christ foreshadowed in the Old Testament DID permit some instances of man seeing God. Even in that passage when Moses did not view the face of Yahweh, Moses did nonetheless see God.

We may say that it was to a degree. But he did see God. Even that seeing would not have been possible except that God viewed Moses from the standpoint of the mighty redemption God will accomplish over His people in Jesus Christ.

There is no time element God is restricted to. And according to His transcendence He let us read about men and women who saw God, yet it was only because of Christ's coming redeeming act they were able to do so.

God can be seen directly by angels, though, because they are spirit creatures. (Matthew 18:10) Moreover, some humans who die will be raised to life in heaven with a spirit body and will then be able to see God.—Philippians 3:20, 21; 1 John 3:2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are too caught up in the physical and natural realm of the five senses, In the Second Corinthian letter that told us that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit, there is also a SEEING by revelation, with unveiled face of the heart, to be transformed into His image in the church age.

"And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom. But we all with unveiled face, BEHOLDING and REFLECTING like a mirror the glory of the Lord [Jesus Christ] , are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory even as from the Lord Spirit." (2 Cor. 3:17,18)

Sanctification and transformation must do their full work in this age. And under Christ's redemption we approach God, received Christ in His form as "life giving Spirit" --- "And the Lord is the Spirit" ... and with uncovered face of the heart BEHOLD and REFLECT His glory.

In His work of salvation He prepares men to meet the Lord Jesus Christ on a even more physical level by making them holy. And without this imparted and dispensed holiness no one will "see the Lord".

" Pursue peace with all men and sanctification, without which no one will see the Lord." (Heb. 12:14)

By positional and dispositional sanctification we can be made holy and we can see God. In this age to see the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, and in eternity see His face.

How to “see” God now:

The Bible often uses the idea of seeing figuratively, to represent enlightenment. (Isaiah 6:10; Jeremiah 5:21; John 9:39-41) In this sense, a person can see God now with “the eyes of [his] heart” by having faith so as to know Him and appreciate His qualities. (Ephesians 1:18) The Bible describes steps to build this kind of faith.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think Christ is just the angle Michael, you have not "seen" the truth or God in this sense. Your organization is trying to make the best it can out of what it wants to see, that is that Christ is not the Word Who was God and became flesh (John 1:1,14) to tabernacle among us.

A Jehovah's Witness arguing that Christ is an archangel Michael is of no use to teach believers of the New Testament anything about seeing God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree