1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 11:11
    http://www.sciencealert.com/brain-scans-on-mormons-show-religion-has-a-similar-effect-to-taking-drugs?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 13:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.sciencealert.com/brain-scans-on-mormons-show-religion-has-a-similar-effect-to-taking-drugs?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1
    Ever smoked weed sonhouse?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 15:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Ever smoked weed sonhouse?
    Hey, I lived through the 60's. Does that give you a hint?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 15:38
    Yes, but did you inhale?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 16:46
    Was it good?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 16:56
    Was it good?
    Funny you should ask. My first exposure to the evil weed was from my guitar teacher, Backwards Sam Firk, AKA Mike Stewart, a genius on country blues. So Firk and another friend, Chester Gentry, comes to my apartment, saying, 'today is the day Jennings gets stoned'....

So they had hash. This was about 1969 or so, bout the time of the sci fi movie 2001, and it just happened I had the soundtrack on a vinyl and was playing it on a record player.

So in fact, I inhaledπŸ™‚ and a few minutes later I decide to walk upstairs to our bedroom while the soundtrack was playing. The part where the monolisk is shown and the choir is humming and so forth? So I starts upstairs and my steps seemed to get really slow the further up I got and the last step seemed to take ten minutesπŸ™‚ And the music was so far out I didn't recognize it anymore. It was like I was transported to some other universe.

Man, that was a trip to remember! Tom Hoskins, (Fang), Chester, (Burp) Mike, (Firk) are all dead and gone now, that was when we were all living in the DC area, Mike in Takoma Park and Hoskins near Mike (The two had re-discovered Mississippi John Hurt, a great acoustic blues player living in Avalon Mississisppi ATT).

I felt lucky to have known those folks. Mike recorded early on, 1962, with a couple of duo's with John Fahey, if you ever heard of those guys. All my heroes and mentors.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 17:512 edits
    Funny you should ask. My first exposure to the evil weed was from my guitar teacher, Backwards Sam Firk, AKA Mike Stewart, a genius on country blues. So Firk and another friend, Chester Gentry, comes to my apartment, saying, 'today is the day Jennings gets stoned'....

So they had hash. This was about 1969 or so, bout the time of the sci fi movie 2001, a ...[text shortened]... h a couple of duo's with John Fahey, if you ever heard of those guys. All my heroes and mentors.
    Wouldn't religion be cheaper as well as legal, not to mention healthier?

I remember growing up as a lad I had this empty nagging feeling inside. I kept asking my parents and friends what it was but to no avail, and they I found Christ and it all went away.

Man, what a trip and I'm still on it. 😡
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 18:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    Wouldn't religion be cheaper as well as legal, not to mention healthier?

I remember growing up as a lad I had this empty nagging feeling inside. I kept asking my parents and friends what it was but to no avail, and they I found Christ and it all went away.

Man, what a trip and I'm still on it. 😡
    You did read the part where it was 1969, right? I haven't smoked weed for about 25 years. I find my musical creativity much greater now than back then. Of course I was enthralled by having a guitar genius as a teacher so I wouldn't have done much in the way of writing new material but I have now, I have a soundcloud account and have 48 pieces there now, you get about 3 hours free upload time for sound files and that seems to be around 50 or so depending on how many minutes per tune. If you want to hear some acoustic guitar, mandolin, dulcimer tunes of mine I'll pm you the link. Music is my Christ. People are my gods. I don't waste time on things I can't see. I can SEE a great musician play, I can listen to Mozart. I don't see any music your god wrote down for humans to play. So it must not be much interested in music, eh. That is a strictly human trait it seems.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 19:191 edit

So they had hash. This was about 1969 or so, bout the time of the sci fi movie 2001, a ...[text shortened]... h a couple of duo's with John Fahey, if you ever heard of those guys. All my heroes and mentors.
    Your Christian comment about "living through the sixties" implies that you were involved in a somewhat more positive dynamic than you are making out in this "evil weed" post; but then that is probalbly because you have realised that your OP actually doesn't do much to harm the notion of 'religious experience' and are looking to back away from your "living through the sixties" nostalgia. Nevertheless, more of your weed experience stories please...they are quite fun.

πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 10:23
    Your Christian comment about "living through the sixties" implies that you were involved in a somewhat more positive dynamic than you are making out in this "evil weed" post; but then that is probalbly because you have realised that your OP actually doesn't do much to harm the notion of 'religious experience' and are looking to back away from your "livin ...[text shortened]... stalgia. Nevertheless, more of your weed experience stories please...they are quite fun.

πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›
    Don't have too many of them but there was one case involving LSD: trying to patch up with wife, drove to Denver and it didn't work, went to a coffeehouse, found this girl playing chess and we hit it off and went back to her apt. where things got hot pretty fast. So we get a knock on the door. It's a lady from down the hall. She asked, do you have a heater, our room is very cold. It turned out there was a closet for some reason stacked high with electric heaters and I said sure, gave her one. She was very grateful, comes back a while later and offers me this tiny pill the size of a sen sen, said 'you will like this'. I had no idea what it was and of course took it right awayπŸ™‚

So new GF and I go back to the coffeehouse and I brought guitar, she is playing chess with the crowd, I start playing guitar and the stuff hit, hard. It was LSD all right. Must have been 1000 mic hit. My world contracted to a sphere about 6 feet around me and it was like I was on the inside of a washing machine the world swirling around unrecognizable, and I tried to play guitar but my fingers didn't move quite right, a waitress comes into my little field and says 'that sound wonderful', I looked at her dumbly and she walked back into the chaos. So after a couple hours it started looking more like a normal universe and we went back to her apt. Next day, I had an appointment with wife and councelor and got there, still feeling the effects and I noticed the edges of the councelors face was kind of flowing around, very funny looking and I starts giggling. They had no idea why of course, but I got through the session and then it was clear it was not going to work out with my wife. So back to the new gf, and we got in my car and boogied back to Virginia where a new phase of my life started, ending up with a 2 year job in Thailand but before that a stint at Goddard Space flight center working on Apollo tracking and timing, but that is another story.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 13:212 edits
    You did read the part where it was 1969, right? I haven't smoked weed for about 25 years. I find my musical creativity much greater now than back then. Of course I was enthralled by having a guitar genius as a teacher so I wouldn't have done much in the way of writing new material but I have now, I have a soundcloud account and have 48 pieces there now, you ...[text shortened]... o play. So it must not be much interested in music, eh. That is a strictly human trait it seems.
    Wait....wut?

Music is your god and you don't spend time on things you can't see?

You're killing me man! 😡

Too many drugs maybe? πŸ˜›

Music is something you feel.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 13:271 edit
    Your Christian comment about "living through the sixties" implies that you were involved in a somewhat more positive dynamic than you are making out in this "evil weed" post; but then that is probalbly because you have realised that your OP actually doesn't do much to harm the notion of 'religious experience' and are looking to back away from your "livin ...[text shortened]... stalgia. Nevertheless, more of your weed experience stories please...they are quite fun.

πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›
    Don't you want to hear about my weed stories?

Last year I called Scotts lawn service for an estimate but they declined service stating, "Your lawn is irredeemable"

I would say my lawn may be deplorable, but not irredeemable. 😠
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 13:29
    Don't you want to hear about my weed stories?

Last year I called Scotts lawn service for an estimate but they declined service stating, "Your lawn is irredeemable"

I would say my lawn may be deplorable, but not irredeemable. 😠
    That would be under the heading of 'Lawn Order".
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 13:30
    Wait....wut?

Music is your god and you don't spend time on things you can't see?

You're killing me man! 😡

Too many drugs maybe? πŸ˜›

Music is something you feel.
    Well, it looks like your god doesn't feel much. I guess it is not so much interested in music.

Music is the language of the soul.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 13:32
    That would be under the heading of 'Lawn Order".
    They suggested gasoline and a match, but hey, I'm not going to napalm my lawn.

Where do I live, Vietnam? πŸ™„

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree